6th month UPDATE - Some Happy News - Update on our LONG ROAD

Comments

• This is some very awesome news! Congrats to you, your son, and your family!
    Madison Square Garden - Jul 08, 2003
    New England Dodge Music Arena - May 13, 2006
    Susquehanna Bank Center - Jun 20, 2008
    Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 30, 2009
    Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 31, 2009
    XL Arena - May 15, 2010
    Madison Square Garden - May 20, 2010
    Madison Square Garden - May 21, 2010
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    Hooray, what wonderful news. And he's so cute. Gives him lots of hugs from all of us here.
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    Woo Hoo! Fantastic news. Hugs all around ((((()))) :D
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,941
    since I have no clue where to find these gifs:
    jimed14 wrote:
    applause.gif

this is fantastic news for you and Sammy. What a brave, brave boy....and handsome too. I'm really happy for you guys :mrgreen:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • ruggs1996ruggs1996 Posts: 586
    Great thing to hear! Hope everything stays good! Your son must be a trooper
    Camden 2 (2008) 
    Philly 1 and 4 (2009)
    Newark (2010)
    MSG 1 (2010)
    Toronto 1 and 2 (2011)
    Brooklyn 1 and 2 (2013)
    Philly 2 (2013)
    Greenville (2016)
    Columbia (2016)
    MSG 2 (2016)
    Fenway 2 (2016)
    EV NJPAC (2022)
    MSG (2022)
    Denver (2022)
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    \m/ Rock 'n Roll, eh!
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • iamicaiamica Posts: 2,628
    Great news. :mrgreen:
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Some happy news? This is the BEST news! so, so awesome!
    "If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedberg
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Nice job, kid. :thumbup:
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,242
    Fantastic news so so happy for him and your whole family ... :) thanks for the great news
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Katyz wrote:
    Thanks so much everyone!
    JM4830 wrote:
    Fan Friggin Tastic! I hate cancer! Congrats on the absolutely wonderful news. I doubt I'm one of the friends you're thinking of on the board..(I hardly ever post), but my heart grew a size reading your news. I have a 2 year old boy that's absolutely melted my wifes and I's hearts(his name is stone!) and I fear every day for things that every parent I'm sure fears may happen. Congrats again!
    J

JM4830 - try not to fear every day...shit happens but not often. I have learned one thing from this....just enjoy your kids. They will get cuts and bruises, stitches even...cancer is still rare in kids...but you will always be there to hug them better and teach them how to cope with it...all part of life..enjoy it xxxx
    this is beautiful ...

and wonderful news! :D
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    That is awesome!
    ELITIST FUK
  • youngster wrote:
    Katy, I know I only met you briefly in Hartford before the EV solo show last summer and you don't know me really at all, but I am all smiles hearing this news. :D:D:D:D

I had a really shitty day today for real, but it's news like this that makes me realize that there are so many more important things in life. Other people deal with stuff a million times more stressful as you have done over the last few years than any of us could ever imagine. Thank you for putting it in perspective and enjoy the great days which lie ahead. :D

+1,000,000

Great news Katy!!! And what a little cutie your Sammy is!!!!!

I cant say it any better than my boy youngster right here!

Cheers to the future!!!
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    Katyz wrote:
    I have not posted the lowdown about my son because...well....this is my ''escape place" and didn't want to share sad news. BUT today is the beginning of the rest of our lives as my son has KICKED CANCERS BUTT and ended his treatment officially today!!!!! :D:D:D

He has had two years of chemo and radiation for leukemia....he is now going to sleep without me ever having to wake him up for his night time chemo again!

I am sharing this because I like to share good news with friends....I have made many friends on this board and want to thank you all for your support.

Happy Day :D

Sammy+with+banner+award.bmp

so happy for you... what a great photo :D
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    That's awesome, God bless him.
  • KatyzKatyz Posts: 838
    Thanks everyone for the kind words...it is all starting to sink in. Big celebration at school yesterday with everyone wearing the orange Superman Sammy t. shirts. Very emotional.
    303834_2498734788248_1249234458_2970040_840362075_n.jpg
  • I'm so happy for you and your family! You are truly blessed. All the best.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    What wonderful news - so happy for you!
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    OK That is the best news I have read in a long long time

Mazel Tov to your whole gang :mrgreen:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Suck it, cancer
  • tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    Fantastic news, and well done for coming through it.

All the best
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • PJGirl321PJGirl321 Posts: 377
    That is great news! All the best for the future! :D
  • That is wonderful news! Hugs to you all!
    My last message to you ~

You're right. You are a monster! You are sick! Get help!

At least, I am not a fuck-up! A lying fuck-up!
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    Congratulations :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Your boy, and you, are amazing. I am sending so much love, light and hugs to Superman Sammy and his SuperFamily, for the next incredible part of the journey. XOXOXO
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    Katyz wrote:
    I have not posted the lowdown about my son because...well....this is my ''escape place" and didn't want to share sad news. BUT today is the beginning of the rest of our lives as my son has KICKED CANCERS BUTT and ended his treatment officially today!!!!! :D:D:D

He has had two years of chemo and radiation for leukemia....he is now going to sleep without me ever having to wake him up for his night time chemo again!

I am sharing this because I like to share good news with friends....I have made many friends on this board and want to thank you all for your support.

Wonderful news!!! :D:D:clap::clap::clap:
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
    It is very strange not giving chemo...I finally took off the Livestrong bracelet I have been wearing since week one. We promised Sam we would wear it until his treatment is over. I feel like I am missing a limb! Nothing made Sam happier than taking it off my wrist! :D
    Next stop: bone marrow aspiration and port taken out.

6274296917_8bae08817e_m.jpg
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Katyz wrote:
    It is very strange not giving chemo...I finally took off the Livestrong bracelet I have been wearing since week one. We promised Sam we would wear it until his treatment is over. I feel like I am missing a limb! Nothing made Sam happier than taking it off my wrist! :D
    Next stop: bone marrow aspiration and port taken out.

6274296917_8bae08817e_m.jpg
    :D :thumbup: :clap: So happy for you, Sam, and your family!
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    Katyz wrote:

wow!!!
    congrats to you, your son, your family!!!
    i cannot even imagine the sense of relief you must feel.......awesome!!!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

Katyz wrote:

wow!!!
    congrats to you, your son, your family!!!
    i cannot even imagine the sense of relief you must feel.......awesome!!!

HUGE relief..thanks xxx
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,989
    Awesome!

Smiles for everyone!!!

:):):):):):):):):):):):):)
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06