Don't Stop...

DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
edited October 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
I just want to relay something that just happened to me. 2011 has been one of the toughest years in my life for various reasons. I just within the last month started taking up jogging. I used to run a little but gave it up...just not enough time or at least I just never made enough time. Behind where I live there is a public park that has various bike and running paths. One path is just over a mile so I try to run that 5 laps a day. It's raining here but I chose to run any way...I actually like running in the rain. Not as many people, quiet, refreshing.

For some reason I'm just struggling running today...don't know why but I'm sucking wind almost immediately. I'm almost done with the fourth lap and I choose to stop. Almost immedialtely I hear a girl's voice behind me and she says "Don't stop". I can almost imagine the look I shot her because, so I'm told, I don't hide my emotions very well. She continues jogging in place next to me and ask how much more do I want to go? I said I have one more but I'm done. She again told me 'don't stop" and let's finish one more. She actually slowed her pace down substantially to my running level and ran with me the last time around the trail. Hardcoe runners (and I could tell she was) don't usually like doing this.

I've never seen this girl before in the park and who knows if I ever will again. I don't know why "Don't Stop" just seemed to inspire me today. I do believe in God and I just feel that this was almost meant for me somehow. Maybe I'm just reading into it too much...maybe it's because I want to read into it. I just don't know. All I know about Jennifer is she has a three year old daughter and she sells homes. So Jennifer thank you for today. :thumbup: :clap: :wave:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• So like, you have journey stuck in your head now? And are you thinking of the stupid last scene of sopranos too? Now I am after reading your post. :D
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Can you send Jennifer about 100 miles south... I need the help :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,944
    I was thinking Fleetwood Mac.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,412
    Very cool story with a great message.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    So like, you have journey stuck in your head now? And are you thinking of the stupid last scene of sopranos too? Now I am after reading your post. :D

RF

:lol: :P
  • I feel compelled to respond to your story. My life for the last year has been hell (also for several various circumstances) and today I am dealing with yet another blow. Feeling down, I came here to forget about my woes via pj (as usual) and this was the first post. Coincidence? The words of that stranger have already helped me see the sunshine... So thanks for sharing that story-- it has already brought someone hope.
    *Denver 04-01-2003*ACL 10-04-2009*Colombus 05-06-2010*Noblesville 05-07-2010*Bridge School 10-23 & 10-24-2010*PJ20 09-03 & 09-04-2011*Deluna Fest 09-21-2012*Wrigley Field 07-19-2013*Ok City 11-16-2013*Moline (Rail, Hometown!)10-17-2014*St Paul 10-19-2014*Milwaukee 10-20-2014*Denver 10-22-2014*
    *Ed Solo: Detroit 06-26-2011, Chicago 06-29-2011*
    I feel compelled to respond to your story. My life for the last year has been hell (also for several various circumstances) and today I am dealing with yet another blow. Feeling down, I came here to forget about my woes via pj (as usual) and this was the first post. Coincidence? The words of that stranger have already helped me see the sunshine... So thanks for sharing that story-- it has already brought someone hope.

This is awesome! :D :thumbup:
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    Okay, I've got to reply too because this is such a majorly crappy day - my father in law is close to dying. He had minor surgery a few months ago and it ended up going bad. He has MRSA and now pneumonia and they've given him a five percent chance of survival. So. Crappy.

But reading your post made me smile. So thank you for that.

(Although I can't get the Journey song out of my head now either...)
    Enkidu wrote:
    Okay, I've got to reply too because this is such a majorly crappy day - my father in law is close to dying. He had minor surgery a few months ago and it ended up going bad. He has MRSA and now pneumonia and they've given him a five percent chance of survival. So. Crappy.

But reading your post made me smile. So thank you for that.

(Although I can't get the Journey song out of my head now either...)

My thoughts for your father in law and I wish him luck. And sorry for the Journey song...they weren't my words. :)
  • DS1119 wrote:
    So like, you have journey stuck in your head now? And are you thinking of the stupid last scene of sopranos too? Now I am after reading your post. :D

RF

Lmao.
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112
    It has indeed been a bad year for everyone it seems. I too was down today as it was particularly rainy dreary day in Philly today. The weather doesn't help when other aspects of your life are depressing. But I suppose the sun will rise again?
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,236
    nice story. really cool.
    DS1119 wrote:

RF

Lmao.

:thumbup: :lol:
  • supadupasupadupa Posts: 377
    Lovely little story, thanks for sharing.

Imagine how much better the world would be if everyone took a moment to show a little kindness and concern for a stranger every once in awhile.
  • 7d8f65f3.jpg
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    7d8f65f3.jpg

I prefer these guys. :thumbup:

Fleetwood_Mac_Fab_Five.jpg
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    running sucks, i always appreciate it when someone slows down with me if i'm struggling...

if i see someone struggling, i'll slow down and run with them til the end..

good on your new friend for keeping you motivated :thumbup:
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    Great story, thanks for posting. I do believe some people drop in on our lives at certain moments for a reason myself, so I would probably be thinking along the same lines as some of what you posted!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    This is a great story. Ask for support, and it shall be given. :mrgreen:
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    That is a lovely gesture. Almost makes me wanna go for a run..... almost :) And thanks now I have Journey and Fleetwood Mac alternating in my head ;)
    all you need is love, love is all you need
    How many times can I post this? Not enough, apparently.

tumblr_ln0wupEqEB1qa0fkgo1_500.jpg

:lol:
    conman wrote:
    running sucks, i always appreciate it when someone slows down with me if i'm struggling...

if i see someone struggling, i'll slow down and run with them til the end..

good on your new friend for keeping you motivated :thumbup:

Running is twisted for me...I hate the anticipation of it...I kind of hate while I'm doing it...but I feel so great after the run...if this makes any sense.
    samjam wrote:
    Great story, thanks for posting. I do believe some people drop in on our lives at certain moments for a reason myself, so I would probably be thinking along the same lines as some of what you posted!

:thumbup:
    tinkerbell wrote:
    That is a lovely gesture. Almost makes me wanna go for a run..... almost :) And thanks now I have Journey and Fleetwood Mac alternating in my head ;)

Sorry...wasn't me who said it. :lol:

But Fleetwood Mac isn't bad!!! :thumbup:
  • DS1119 wrote:
    tinkerbell wrote:

Sorry. Ima RF dick. I totally took the whole point of the post and crushed it. Like kicking a puppy.
    I'm sorry. :(

;)
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    DS1119 wrote:
    tinkerbell wrote:

Sorry. Ima RF dick. I totally took the whole point of the post and crushed it. Like kicking a puppy.
    I'm sorry. :(

;)

No you're not. The PJ forum is always mixed with seriousness and fun...that's what makes it great! In absolutley no way you are a RF dick. I love ball breakers because I am one. You posted what you felt and that's awesome! Keep it coming you RF! :lol:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    picutres of jenny?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    picutres of jenny?

I don't. She is attractive... but I don't have pictures...and also come on?? I was struggling to just survive the last mile of this run and going through a possible life altering event and you want t and a pictures?? :lol:
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    picutres of jenny?

I don't. She is attractive... but I don't have pictures...and also come on?? I was struggling to just survive the last mile of this run and going through a possible life altering event and you want t and a pictures?? :lol:

Like I said before...81 is missing the point...

and yes, I will refrain from posting it, 81... :lol::lol: :P
  • Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527
    DS1119 wrote:
    Running is twisted for me...I hate the anticipation of it...I kind of hate while I'm doing it...but I feel so great after the run...if this makes any sense.

Really cool story. I probably would have given her the same look. I played a college sport and we had to make timed sprint ladders and a timed mile, plus ridiculous pre-season conditioning and all day before hand we would all sit around and bitch, during it we all thought we were going to die, but afterwards- it was such a good feeling and endorphins were kicking! Now, it's been about a little over two years since I've graduated and that anticipation of going to the gym or taking a run is still horrible and I debate quitting, on average, about 2.4 times, but afterwards is amazing. It's like having a hangover and THEN being three sheets to the wind. So, long story short, I get exactly what you're saying.