Zombie Apocalypse: Do You Think You'll Survive?

Comments

• RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    So, what's wrong with the boat idea? I didn't see that movie.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399

It all takes place during the closing credits and is kind of left open. But basically they escape on a boat and it shows them beginning to run low on supplies, including fuel, so they try to land on an island, coasting in without fuel (thinking that maybe the infection hasn't gotten to islands or that nobody will be there) and a swarm of zombies comes running down the dock towards them.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553

It all takes place during the closing credits and is kind of left open. But basically they escape on a boat and it shows them beginning to run low on supplies, including fuel, so they try to land on an island, coasting in without fuel (thinking that maybe the infection hasn't gotten to islands or that nobody will be there) and a swarm of zombies comes running down the dock towards them.

And there's always the possibility that the boat may strike an giant rock which will result in the loss of the entire propeller shaft.

Or maybe that's just my boat... :?

Maybe kayaks are a better idea. More mobile.

Are we absolutely sure the zombies can't swim?
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138

Then I'll choose a sail boat with fishing poles! 8-)

And there's always the possibility that the boat may strike an giant rock which will result in the loss of the entire propeller shaft.

Or maybe that's just my boat... :?

Maybe kayaks are a better idea. More mobile.

Are we absolutely sure the zombies can't swim?

The Zombie Survival Guide says they can't swim, but they might be milling around on the bottom of a lake bed or something (as they don't need to breath) after wandering in, so be careful when fishing.
    We're going to need a screening process to identify the potentially infected.

Everyone strip and inspect each other for bite marks.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    We're going to need a screening process to identify the potentially infected.

Everyone strip and inspect each other for bite marks.

Sexual Harrassment laws do not cease to exist in the zombie apocalypse.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i'm gonna go with a nuclear powered air craft carrier...but that's just me.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

Meh. Too institutional.

What about a cruise ship, heavily armed?

And here's a question: What happens to the dogs? Can they be zombified?

I only ask that because I have some real suspicions about my Sweet Pea (the tricolored hound). I think she might be a zombie.

The Howling Dead.
    81 wrote:

Meh. Too institutional.

What about a cruise ship, heavily armed?

And here's a question: What happens to the dogs? Can they be zombified?

I only ask that because I have some real suspicions about my Sweet Pea (the tricolored hound). I think she might be a zombie.

The Howling Dead.

i thought cruise ship...but was thinking...they are diesel powered. not a good idea for long term mobility
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    why are boats out?

when did zombies learn to swim?

i always thought will smith was a dummy head for not setting up shop on liberty island in i am legend.
    rival. wrote:
    why are boats out?

i always thought will smith was a dummy head for not setting up shop on liberty island in i am legend.

those weren't zombies....more like vampires.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    rival. wrote:
    why are boats out?

they were infected with a disease (like those in 28 days later). but same zombie principle applies. you get biten, you turn into one.
    rival. wrote:
    81 wrote:
    rival. wrote:
    why are boats out?

they were infected with a disease (like those in 28 days later). but same zombie principle applies. you get biten, you turn into one.

but they couldn't come out into the sun....like vampires....and they were quite a bit smarter/faster than a zombie
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    rival. wrote:
    but they couldn't come out into the sun....like vampires....and they were quite a bit smarter/faster than a zombie

yeah, will smith had that to his advantage, lol.

28 days later scared the shit out of me. great flick.

i am trying to find a link to an event in NYC which is a big zombie chase. sounds like a huge game of tag throughout the streets of manhattan for a weekend. get caught, turn into a zombie and chase after the others that have not been caught yet.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    i will bring HoHos...apparently you can make friends by trading HoHos for hugs...ask unlost, she has 'experience'.

Zombies don't eat HoHos...or do they? :?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    rival. wrote:
    81 wrote:
    rival. wrote:

yeah, will smith had that to his advantage, lol.

28 days later scared the shit out of me. great flick.

i am trying to find a link to an event in NYC which is a big zombie chase. sounds like a huge game of tag throughout the streets of manhattan for a weekend. get caught, turn into a zombie and chase after the others that have not been caught yet.

there is an app for that. :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    RKCNDY wrote:
    i will bring HoHos...apparently you can make friends by trading HoHos for hugs...ask unlost, she has 'experience'.

i like multiple h....

ah never mind
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

i like multiple h....

ah never mind

I think you would know better...I mean, on Sunday, unlost ran away with the HoHos in search of you and others... ;)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

i like multiple h....

ah never mind

I think you would know better...I mean, on Sunday, unlost ran away with the HoHos in search of you and others... ;)

last i saw her, she was running away with rye and cav....couple of ding dongs if you ask me. :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

last i saw her, she was running away with rye and cav....couple of ding dongs if you ask me. :P

where is afroannie when you need her? She was passing out:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTVtAkCyPJ8fI2AL1mEwgDOcLw7kbmKD4MygpK_cFnfVSHBRKPc0Q

maybe you should have been passing them out... :lol:

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

where is afroannie when you need her? She was passing out:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTVtAkCyPJ8fI2AL1mEwgDOcLw7kbmKD4MygpK_cFnfVSHBRKPc0Q

maybe you should have been passing them out... :lol:

i can only handle one sweet treat at a time.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    As to dogs..... Will Smith shot his in that movie after she got bit. She got the disease. Don't know if it is the same for true zombies as opposed to those hybrid things in his movie.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
    There have been zombie type dogs in stuff like "Resident Evil", but that's not really a traditional zombie movie. In Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare, there are all kinds of zombie animals. Wolves, Bears, Cougars, Horses, etc.

I remember in one of the Return Of The Living Dead movies (I think the second one) the zombies break into a pet store and start eating puppies.

The first time I saw one of those zombie bears in Undead Nightmare I almost shit myself. As if a godless killing machine needed to be any scarier...

zombie_bear_is_silently_judging_you--article_image.jpg
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    81 wrote:
    i'm heading to a military base...to find the biggest gun possible.
    come down to parris island, we'll raid the armory....
    conman wrote:
    81 wrote:
    i'm heading to a military base...to find the biggest gun possible.
    come down to parris island, we'll raid the armory....

Wow, that would be a great premise for a TV show: 81 and conman, joining forces to battle the undead.

If you need me, I'll be safely behind the defensive line with my box of Ho Hos and the uninfected unlost dogs.

We're going to have to work on the logistics for the international set, too. It would be a damn shame if Morello made it back only to find again that her mobile doesn't work here. I mean, it's one thing to miss a tailgate, but missing the last bus out before the apocalypse is something else entirely.
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    we will need to find alcoholic whipped cream. and lots of it
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    i wonder if doves/pigeons can turn into zombies :think:
    conman wrote:

would they eat people...or just other doves?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    81 wrote:
    conman wrote:

would they eat people...or just other doves?

:think: hmmmm......perplexing........