No Code and Yield SUPER DELUXE BOX SET

Manitou95Manitou95 Posts: 28
edited October 2011 in The Porch
Hey Gang,

I know it's probably a ways off, but I can't wait until PJ releases this box set. No code and Yield are 2 of my all time favorite albums and I can only imagine all the goodies that will be in the box set. Still don't have these albums on Vinyl so that will be a big plus for me. If we are lucky maybe we'll see it next spring like that last one.

Any goodies that you are hoping make this box set? all the Polaroids from No code?
Maybe we'll get a monkeywrench radio full broadcast CD/DVD, or in the studio DVD of recording No Code. Loved the last box set but just wished there would have been some documentary DVD from that era in there.

Thoughts?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Jamminonthe1Jamminonthe1 Posts: 1,243
    I spent too much money buying the originals so it will just piss me off if they do this. OK, I'm kinda kidding. But not really. ;)
  • ParksyParksy Posts: 1,745
    Of all the re-releases, this is the one I'm looking forward to most. Maybe not so much for Yield but No Code is and always will be my fav. album.

What's going to be interesting will be seeing what concert they decide to dig up, clean up, and release. Considering some gems from the 98 tour are already on LO2L, I'm hoping they go into the 96 tour and find something good :)
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Parksy wrote:
    Of all the re-releases, this is the one I'm looking forward to most. Maybe not so much for Yield but No Code is and always will be my fav. album.

What's going to be interesting will be seeing what concert they decide to dig up, clean up, and release. Considering some gems from the 98 tour are already on LO2L, I'm hoping they go into the 96 tour and find something good :)

I'm a huge fan of Randall's Island II... would love to have that cleaned up and released on vinyl. :D:D
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    and it will sell out and be on ebay in 7 minutes
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • derbydavederbydave Posts: 11,254
    Parksy wrote:
    Of all the re-releases, this is the one I'm looking forward to most. Maybe not so much for Yield but

No Code is and always will be my fav. album.

HUGE +1 :D
    NO CODE is AMAZING...
    LOVE YIELD TOO!!!
    Can't wait to FINALLY get these on VINYL!! :ugeek:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• cutzcutz Posts: 11,759
    Will they be doing this? I'd like to know before i spend an arm, and BOTH legs, for these 2> :lol:
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    edited October 2011
    I thought someone said on AET they won't be doing these albums?
    Post edited by morello on
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • the band has said repeately that they are tired of looking back and really excited to just concentrate on the "now", so don't hold you breath on this.

personally, I don't care. If they release a cd like live at the orpheum then I'll buy that, but all the extra shit is nothing.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    would be stupid not to. Don't they understand that people WANT to spend all of their money on this band???
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    the band has said repeately that they are tired of looking back and really excited to just concentrate on the "now", so don't hold you breath on this.

personally, I don't care. If they release a cd like live at the orpheum then I'll buy that, but all the extra shit is nothing.
    This sort of thing isn't entirely in the band's hands, though. Is it? I thought it's mostly Sony that's driving these reissues.
  • would be stupid not to. Don't they understand that people WANT to spend all of their money on this band???

as much as the rest of the board thinks this is all the band cares about now, I personally think they don't give a flying fuck.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    would be stupid not to. Don't they understand that people WANT to spend all of their money on this band???

as much as the rest of the board thinks this is all the band cares about now, I personally think they don't give a flying fuck.

HUH?? they don't want to make money? :lol:

especially with all the nuts on here who will buy dog poop as long as it spells out pj20
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • GoatboyGoatboy Posts: 509
    I thought Tim said that he thought these would eventually get the same treatment. As others have said though, I want the band focusing on the "now" and new music. With all the looking back over the past year and a half I don't see these being done for quite some time. I'm thinking sometime in 2013 or later which is fine by me.

I know there are some who will collect the original pressings of the vinyls but I really hope all the albums get re-issue treatment at some point. It would make $200 no code, binaural, avocado and riot act lp's history.

oh, unless of course they are limited;)
    Why would the band even have to be involved? Not everything has to be deluxe or limited edition - just release all the albums on vinyl again and sell them for $25 each.
  • GoatboyGoatboy Posts: 509
    Why would the band even have to be involved? Not everything has to be deluxe or limited edition - just release all the albums on vinyl again and sell them for $25 each.

agreed. they'd rather us spin the black circle right? well put them the fuck out there!!!!!!
  • the band doesn't like people putting the limited items on ebay and making the true fans fight over the limited amounts of vinyl out there....over 500 bucks for some of these albums is crazy. not worth it. but that's the world we live in...everyone wants to make a buck...and the collector's are pissed off because if more vinyl is released than the value goes down... if they release more vinyl though then more of their fans would be happy and PJ would make money instead of vultures posting items on ebay. that's fine by me. Now with more backspacer white vinyl being out there the going price on ebay is 200-300 bucks on average instead of the fucked up $1800+ for a piece of white plastic! only the 1% of fans can afford it...what about the other 99% of us. Occupy Wall St. !!!

The fixer:
    PJ doesn't have to flood the market with more re-release vinyl, but for 10 club members why don't they release like 500 copies of new re-release vinyl every year or every 6 months....then the people that already have the collectible vinyl will still maintain a good value but more club members and true fans can have a chance at purchasing re-release vinyl at a reasonable price....and get to spin the black, red, white, blue circle

2 cents.
  • Goatboy wrote:

agreed. they'd rather us spin the black circle right? well put them the fuck out there!!!!!!
    +1
    morello wrote:
    I thought someone said on AET they won't be doing these albums?
    Not saying this isn't true because I don't really tune into AET, but why would these two be excluded? Stopping at Vitalogy doesn't make any sense.
  • ParksyParksy Posts: 1,745
    I honestly think if they don't continue the catalogue re-issues through and through... it'll be a HUGE disappointment.

People in the future will wonder the greatest band in the history of the world 8-) made awesome special editions based on time periods of their career and albums but only did 1990-1992 and 1993-1995. Why stop there? Makes no sense.

While the band wants to focus on the future... I'm pretty sure they don't want to neglect periods of their career. I think if they didn't care about the past, they would not have done the re-issues that have already come out.

All the albums are deserving of the special super edition treatment.

IMO
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,043
    I think 'the band have had a huge input into the first two reissues so I'm sure they will next time too.... And I figure they won't have time for it for some time
  • Dirty FrankkDirty Frankk Posts: 4,274
    pdalowsky wrote:
    I think 'the band have had a huge input into the first two reissues so I'm sure they will next time too.... And I figure they won't have time for it for some time

I agree

That's not fun at all, Delux is MUST
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    Not everything has to be deluxe or limited edition - just release all the albums on vinyl again and sell them for $25 each.

+1

And please also include Benny Hall :shifty:
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,931
    Better Dan wrote:

I'm a huge fan of Randall's Island II... would love to have that cleaned up and released on vinyl. :D:D

I would love for an official release of this show, but it will definitely never happen.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Posts: 4,307
    Does any one know the release date for the TEN and VS/Vitalogy box? If they used the same time between these two boxes to the next box, when should it be in stores?
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,780
    I still don't understand why people get excited about the release of an album that has already been released and to which you likely know all the words :lol::lol:
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,097
    Get_Right wrote:
    I still don't understand why people get excited about the release of an album that has already been released and to which you likely know all the words :lol::lol:
    For me it'd be the live release from the era, and the hope they include something awesome like Randall's Island '96 :)
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,780
    benjs wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:
    For me it'd be the live release from the era, and the hope they include something awesome like Randall's Island '96 :)
    Why, it would likely be incomplete. ;)
  • boyo79boyo79 Posts: 6,525

Quite possibly the best post on the forum this week!
    Does any one know the release date for the TEN and VS/Vitalogy box? If they used the same time between these two boxes to the next box, when should it be in stores?

Ten - 24 March 2009

Vs/Vitalogy - 28 March 2011

No Code/Yield - March 2013?
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    if they do i dont think it will be for awhile...i loved no code because it whittled down the audience....ive always been a fan of experimental music & remember when they put who you are as the 1st single, the radio station i was listening to started doing ad campaigns for habit (the b-side)....it was FUNNY...but IF we do get these reissues in the future...i would like to see the 9-14-96 showbox show as the live part ....randalls island would be like 6 records.....the msg 9-11-98 show would be great 2...vibe wise....personally i am looking further down the road for binaural/riot act reissues.....more reissues are probably years away, though..the band has said that they're tired of looking back & want to focus on album #10!!!! heres 2 hoping for a spring release!!!!
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
  • WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Posts: 4,307
    boyo79 wrote:

Quite possibly the best post on the forum this week!

Ten - 24 March 2009

Vs/Vitalogy - 28 March 2011

No Code/Yield - March 2013?

Damn, more than a whole year left :o

Thanks for answering my Q ;)
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• on2legs wrote:
    Better Dan wrote:

I would love for an official release of this show, but it will definitely never happen.

Not sure where you get your information from, but that makes no sense. Tim has confirmed that while "The Vault" project will take years upon years to take shape as far as how often shows are released since they want to take their sweet time mixing them, they do plan to put most everything out there eventually.

Now if you just meant never on vinyl, then yeah, that's a definite no.