Don't

8181 Posts: 58,276
edited October 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
hit a tree stump with a lawn mower blade.

:lol:

it was time for a new blade anyways.... :lol:
81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• lol destructive behaviour, rock and rolllllll!!!!!!!!!
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    81 wrote:

I've done this before and I can second this. :thumbup:
  • Jamminonthe1Jamminonthe1 Posts: 1,243
    my dad used to run over his glass of scotch all the time - forget where he put it down in the grass... :lol:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    my dad used to run over his glass of scotch all the time - forget where he put it down in the grass... :lol:

i try to mow sober....have enough glass in the backyard from the great top soil i put down last spring. :evil:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Haha I did that the first time I cut the grass this summer. I knew there was a small stump somewhere around there but the grass was too high and I was too lazy to figure out where it was. I though I remembered where it was, but I was wrong.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • mcgavinjmcgavinj Posts: 311
    I haven't mowed in a long time......but I spent all summer putting in sprinkler heads and a new lawn.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,812
    If you are thinking of watching this video, Don't! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7W_sMFoyMs
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    81 wrote:

blade schmade, when I did that I needed a new motor
  • Men hit rocks. Just sayin.
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
  • I mow the lawn in a Superman outfit.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Aero83_Aero83_ Posts: 933
    decapitating snakes, tree stumps, and projecting mini-boulders through windows with impossible angles, while flying a mower..
    Thanks bud, I'll try to remember.. ;)
    ...10/31/09, 05/21/10, Peru, Los Angeles
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    I have no grass, I suffer from grass envy :(
  • RaniRani Posts: 434
    Claireack wrote:

Really?

So, Claire, ya wanna come over here and mow my lawn?

I have a huge poplar tree on my front lawn, large stumps and roots included. Then I have a massive maple tree in my back yard.

So now since I have read this post about the blades hitting the tree, I'll be extra careful because I ain't going out to buy new blades.

How much are new blades anyway?
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    I mow the lawn in a Superman outfit.

pictures, please
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    Mow lawns. Or pick up leaves. Or shovel snow. Our townhouse corp has landscapers. :mrgreen:
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,842
    just another reason I am a big fan of condo living
    Get_Right wrote:
    just another reason I am a big fan of condo living

Yep! Us too! Don't have to worry about much on the outside...it's really nice! :mrgreen:
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    Aero83_ wrote:
    decapitating snakes, tree stumps, and projecting mini-boulders through windows with impossible angles, while flying a mower..
    Thanks bud, I'll try to remember.. ;)

(women mow stumps too ya know)

and THIS, eeyow, I mowed a snake the other day.

I was like "look at those two jumping snakes, I can't believe they didn't get cut. .....oh."
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    fuck condo's and there insane fee's and rules
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Rani wrote:
    Claireack wrote:

Really?

So, Claire, ya wanna come over here and mow my lawn?

I have a huge poplar tree on my front lawn, large stumps and roots included. Then I have a massive maple tree in my back yard.

So now since I have read this post about the blades hitting the tree, I'll be extra careful because I ain't going out to buy new blades.

How much are new blades anyway?

Yes I definately would mow your lawn! I might lay down on it for quite some time though, just staring at the sky.
    81 wrote:

It's not for everybody...some people like yard work and/or have time to do it :shifty:
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    81 wrote:

i try to mow sober....have enough glass in the backyard from the great top soil i put down last spring. :evil:
    this makes me grin a bit. this is the stuff dad used to do. we had glass in our yard and bullets and glasses of booze or bottles that had been mowed down. ever hit a live .22 shell with your mower? well dad done that one time. i heard the bang from the other side of the yard, he was in back, i wasin front. i went back there and the mower had sucked up a .22 shell that didn't fire. someone left it on the ground with all the rest of the empty shell casings. dingbats. so dad had a .22 bullet in his shin, blood going everywhere. i think he wore the bullet well.

i once was pushing a mower through some tall ass grass when i plowed over the world's largest moral mushroom, about the size of a 2-liter of pop or larger. like those concrete mushroom statues some ppl have in their yards.

that was a fine grub down after the mowing task.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • RaniRani Posts: 434
    81 wrote:

u read my mind...

by moving to this gorgeous house in Oshawa from a noisy, stuffy townhouse condo at yonge and finch...busy busy stretch of Toronto...I'm saving 410/ month JUST by moving into my own house.

Mowing my own lawn vs 410 to pay someone to do it? (well that, water, and garbage collection?!!wtf!)

I will mow my own lawn and put out my own freakin garbage.

Water should only cost me about 45 a month. Do the math....fuck condo fees!!

So..really how much are new blades?

:?
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,842
    81 wrote:

I make the rules. And my fees are less than it would cost if I had to pay for home service. Sure was glad I didnt have to pay to have the four downed trees removed after the hurricane.
    edited October 2011
    Get_Right wrote:
    81 wrote:

I make the rules. And my fees are less than it would cost if I had to pay for home service. Sure was glad I didnt have to pay to have the four downed trees removed after the hurricane.

:think: We don't have crazy rules here either. Over the last 5 years, we have got new windows, doors, siding, roofs, fences...and our area is really, really quiet. We have a small backyard too. I don't mind the rules, it's keeps our corp looking really good and quiet. I guess it's possible we have been very fortunate with our corp. :shifty:

EDIT: We are in Waterloo Region...no where near downtown Toronto....or any downtown area... :shifty:
    Post edited by ShimmyMommy on
    81 wrote:
    exactly. where will a condo or apartment buildings let you have a burning pit for fires and parties and grilling and loud tunes and 4 wheel drive trucks covered in mud and crazy bullshit?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    I really thought the "Don't" was going to be followed up with "Stop Believing" :? :D
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    one time I found my son's toy army men in the yard. shredded them as I mowed over them. had one sticking in my leg.
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    when i still lived with my parents, my dad gave me a choice.... pay rent or fix shit around the house and do yardwork..... i chose the yardwork, i was always fixing up the house anyway

since i moved away, the grass looks like shit and the house is falling apart :lol:
    conman wrote:
    when i still lived with my parents, my dad gave me a choice.... pay rent or fix shit around the house and do yardwork..... i chose the yardwork, i was always fixing up the house anyway

since i moved away, the grass looks like shit and the house is falling apart :lol:
    that was cool. dad's are somethin else. dad never gave us boys much choice. like your dad, ours made sure we were busy little shits. dad never shoveled snow or stacked much firewood. sure he split firewood until we got old enough to do that...which was according to him, age 3. and if ya think dad was cuttin grass you're crazy.

my dad and conman's dad used to hang out i think :think:

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce