Options

iOS 5

13»

Comments

• Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Loving the new iOS 5 features.

The app Vlingo works as a good alternative to Siri.
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Just tried two more times tonight...my IPhone 4 just won't do it...I threw it across the room and now it won't turn on...something tells me I have to activate my old Blackberry in the morning. :lol:

:lol:

you remind me of a guy i work with....

Don't you have an elevator to go ride? :D
  • Options
    cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    Btw, I am able to read and post this message on safari with the new iOS.
  • Options
    I can't mine to update. Just sits in the synching phase FOREVER!!!! :evil:
  • Options
    Upgraded the iPhone and iPad today. Lost everything on both installs :roll: Good thing I backed up the photos and I don't keep a ton of junk on the phone..

I kept getting a backup transfer error so it wouldn't retrieve my old settings.
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Upgraded the iPhone and iPad today. Lost everything on both installs :roll: Good thing I backed up the photos and I don't keep a ton of junk on the phone..

That's what I'm getting...it says something like "can't backup to this computer". How did you eventually do it?
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

That's what I'm getting...it says something like "can't backup to this computer". How did you eventually do it?

I just set it up as a new phone instead of restoring from backup. You lose pictures and mail settings but you can retrieve your purchased apps. pita!
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    DS1119 wrote:

ctrl alt delete :?:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

ctrl alt toss? :)
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Not sure what that would do...anyhow I'm not speaking with you. You left alot of members out there today with our dicks in the wind.
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:
    I just set it up as a new phone instead of restoring from backup. You lose pictures and mail settings but you can retrieve your purchased apps. pita!

If I set it up as a new phone would my pictures that I already had on my computer from the IPhone be deleted as well?
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

If I set it up as a new phone would my pictures that I already had on my computer from the IPhone be deleted as well?

Not if you backed them up into a folder or something. But if you backed them up through itunes, they will be gone..
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Not if you backed them up into a folder or something. But if you backed them up through itunes, they will be gone..

Shit. I did back them up through Itunes. There are a few hundred. Any suggestions other than me possibly emailing them to myself then they would be in my hotmail?
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

Shit. I did back them up through Itunes. There are a few hundred. Any suggestions other than me possibly emailing them to myself then they would be in my hotmail?

Not sure since you are already into the process of upgrading. Keep trying the restore. I have heard of people getting errors and then having it work. Weird.

For future reference, back up pictures onto your computer, just like you would when you backup camera pictures..
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

Not sure since you are already into the process of upgrading. Keep trying the restore. I have heard of people getting errors and then having it work. Weird.

For future reference, back up pictures onto your computer, just like you would when you backup camera pictures..

One last questions because it sounds like you know what you're talking about. When I go into the pictures folder of my Windows laptop does that mean they actually are saved to the computer? I don't have to go in through ITunes to open them.
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    just got my shiny new 4S in the mail today. First impressions are pretty damn great. This thing really is fast. I wasn't expecting it to be much faster since the 4 is already damn fast, but it really does fly. Even downloading purchased songs through my wifi and using the internet on my computer, it still loads up things super fast.

Siri is pretty amazing too. It isn't perfect but its still damn impressive with what you can say too it and how it responds. You can say some pretty funny shit to it and it will respond with a mind of its own. I told it I was drunk driving and she found me some DUI lawyers close by. :lol: (no I wasn't really drunk driving)
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    I told it I was drunk driving and she found me some DUI lawyers close by. :lol: (no I wasn't really drunk driving)

:lol::lol: Funny...don't do it...but funny! :lol::lol:
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    DS1119 wrote:
    I told it I was drunk driving and she found me some DUI lawyers close by. :lol: (no I wasn't really drunk driving)

:lol::lol: Funny...don't do it...but funny! :lol::lol:

this video is hilarious. Siri is gonna become more of a drunk party thing than an actual helpful assistant. some of its responses are down right ridiculous :lol::lol::lol:

http://gizmodo.com/5850038/iphone-4s-te ... -and-drugs

this one too lmao
    http://gizmodo.com/5849962/watch-two-si ... each-other
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Siri. Find me the nearest prostitute.
  • Options
    When you plug your phone into the computer, a window will pop up asking what you want to do. You can click import pictures to save them. Or you can open folders and you should see your pics/vids. You can then drag and drop the files onto your desktop.

It's similar to inserting an sd card into your computer...

Shit. I did back them up through Itunes. There are a few hundred. Any suggestions other than me possibly emailing them to myself then they would be in my hotmail?[/quote]

For future reference, back up pictures onto your computer, just like you would when you backup camera pictures..[/quote]

One last questions because it sounds like you know what you're talking about. When I go into the pictures folder of my Windows laptop does that mean they actually are saved to the computer? I don't have to go in through ITunes to open them.[/quote]
  • Options
    Siri. Find me the nearest prostitute.

How was the quality? :)
  • Options
    Anybody with iOS5 and the PJ app having problems staying logged in? Ever since I put it on my phone I have to log in every time I open the app. This app is a piece of shit.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    Anybody with iOS5 and the PJ app having problems staying logged in? Ever since I put it on my phone I have to log in every time I open the app. This app is a piece of shit.

Download Atomic browser and set it to browse 'safari desktop'. You don't need the app since it has issues..