If you could start over part deux

faceinthecloudsfaceintheclouds Posts: 1,739
edited October 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Like the last thread but career and life on this one.
If you could reverse time and do it again what would you change?
I sure as shit would not be at work on a stupid weekend shift missing my kids on this awesome day.
I'd do way better in school and be a dr or nurse. Something in the medical field. And I would have never started smoking. And not fucked up my credit. And not ever put up with bs from a gf or spouse.
Just, not enough.
I need more.
Nothing seems to satisfy.
I said, I dont want it.
I just need it.
To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    I would have worked less and played harder. I would have been less responsible and lived more in the present tense. Still working on that one. I want to be completely undependable and irresponsible :D I don't want to be counted on for a damn thing. I wish someone had told me that no one would give a shit about my GPA once I graduated :lol: I still would have chosen this career, but now I kind of want to do it on the side and do something less "serious" FT. Still exploring that. Everything has chains...absolutely nothing's changed
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • pinkbutterflypinkbutterfly Posts: 1,391
    edited November 2011
    Post edited by pinkbutterfly on
    My last message to you ~

You're right. You are a monster! You are sick! Get help!

At least, I am not a fuck-up! A lying fuck-up!
  • I wouldn't have gone for an engineering degree (wtf... I hated computers! lol), I'd go for a veterinarian one.
    I wouldn't have started smoking.
    I would have gone for at least one more interrail (train trip around Europe).
    ~Can't escape from the common rule
    If you hate something, don't you do it too...~
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    I'd travel more
    I'd be far less responsible
    I'd do what I want to do,not what others think I should do
    I'd have children
    I'd have my one love last a lifetime
    I'd laugh more and cry less
    I'd have less struggle with poor mental health
    I'd have a dog
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,316
    I would have worked less and played harder. I would have been less responsible and lived more in the present tense. Still working on that one. I want to be completely undependable and irresponsible :D I don't want to be counted on for a damn thing. I wish someone had told me that no one would give a shit about my GPA once I graduated :lol: I still would have chosen this career, but now I kind of want to do it on the side and do something less "serious" FT. Still exploring that. Everything has chains...absolutely nothing's changed

Wow. You almost nailed my exact response. I would have also taken more risks when younger and realized that you are allowed to get into some trouble when you are young. Its much harder to do when you are older and have others counting on you.
  • I would have worked less and played harder. I would have been less responsible and lived more in the present tense. Still working on that one. I want to be completely undependable and irresponsible :D I don't want to be counted on for a damn thing. I wish someone had told me that no one would give a shit about my GPA once I graduated :lol: I still would have chosen this career, but now I kind of want to do it on the side and do something less "serious" FT. Still exploring that. Everything has chains...absolutely nothing's changed
    Ok. You and I should go back and switch lives. Cause I've done all that stuff and more. :D
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    Some type of college degree -

That alone would change so much in my life - all for the better. So many more opportunities.
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    mikalina wrote:

That alone would change so much in my life - all for the better. So many more opportunities.

what would you like to be?
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    PJ-Cubs wrote:

Wow. You almost nailed my exact response. I would have also taken more risks when younger and realized that you are allowed to get into some trouble when you are young. Its much harder to do when you are older and have others counting on you.

So true. Except all the people counting on me are adults, so they are just gonna have to deal. :mrgreen:
    Ok. You and I should go back and switch lives. Cause I've done all that stuff and more. :D
    :lol: oh man wish it were possible to go back and *switch* You can do all the right things and life can still suck ;):lol:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    Rollings wrote:
    mikalina wrote:

Thats a good question - I"ll have to get back to you. I guess its never to late to go back to school... :)
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    There is not enough room or time to write what I would change...the cliche that "hindsight is 20/20" has never been more apparent to me than the last few years... :shock:
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • mikalina wrote:
    Rollings wrote:
    mikalina wrote:

Thats a good question - I"ll have to get back to you. I guess its never to late to go back to school... :)
    I beg to differ on that. If I went back to school I would loose my house. I could not afford to pay for it if I was in school full time. And really, what kind of job could I get out of school that will pay as much as I get now. I dunno. Seems not possible.
    Plus there's too many hot girls in university, that would cause problems. ;)
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
  • Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    I had a job a few years ago that I absolutely loved. I was very good at it and the owner and everybody else knew it. But I had to quit on the 6th day. I didn't have much choice. It was the first job I had had in a long time and I loved it. I would go back and get that job 4 years earlier.
    I'll be back
  • hostishostis Posts: 441
    I wouldn't change a single choice. ever. (even the ones I knew were worng at the time). I love and appreciate where i am now and any changes in choice would mean I am not right here, right now, being the person I like to be.
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    I find it amazing to think about if things were done differently.. There's a good chance if it were, you wouldn't be sitting here reading my blabberings...

First started when I was thinking 'I wonder if my parents stayed in the blue mountains and never moved to Sydney... I wonder how different I would be'

THen I thought fuck... I wouldn't be.... What would have been the chances of me being me... circumstance change...

That was the first time I thought about it...

I don't know if I would change anything... Cause as I say, there is a chance I wouldn't be here...
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • hostis wrote:
    I wouldn't change a single choice. ever. (even the ones I knew were worng at the time). I love and appreciate where i am now and any changes in choice would mean I am not right here, right now, being the person I like to be.

This must be such a good feeling :)
    ~Can't escape from the common rule
    If you hate something, don't you do it too...~
  • i would give more love to people that i already gave
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • I would NOT have gotten pregnant at 18 or stayed in a relationship that I wasn't truly happy in. I would have gone to culinary school, or been a flight attendant and traveled. And I too, would NOT have started smoking.

But, the grass is not always greener. I remind myself every day not to dwell on the 'what ifs' and make the best of the choices I've made.
    No time to be void or save up on life...you've got to spend it all.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I'm not so into regrets or changing anything...

change something you might get hit by a bus ;)

I like me and my life and all the love that is saved :D
  • hostis wrote:

That is pretty much where I am at... Did I do some dumb things? Of course, but all of the choices I've made along the way have made me who I am, and have gotten me to this point in my happy life.

I just never understood the people who live in the past and spend so much energy, time and stress on regrets. I'd much rather focus on the good things in life everyday...
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    I know that I have had a lot of thoughts over the years about what I would have done different in my education, career, relationships, etc. But I keep in mind that all of my life experiences and decisions have made me who I am today and will continue to affect me well into the future. Also, without THE worst decision of my life, I would not have the three wonderful sons that mean the world to me.

So thinking about what could have been different can be fun, but not much can be done about it now, no point in getting lost in past regrets, just have to try to make the best choices going forward using the wisdom gained from past mistakes.
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    hostis wrote:
    +1.
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    Change anything? As in take a Mulligan? Should-a, could-a, would-a?

Hmmm, even though I may not have liked everything that happened in my life, I appreciate them. Even the negative things. They helped shaped me in to who I am now. If I had not have had those experiences, I don't know who I would have been.

On that note, Dr. Guy Grenier said the worst word in the English language is "SHOULD".
    Why? Because "should" is about judgement, control, and authority over what one thinks is correct.
    "We need to stop should-ing on others, and especially ourselves. Or we will end up having a should-y life." ~ Dr. Guy Grenier. :lol::lol:
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • On that note, Dr. Guy Grenier said the worst word in the English language is "SHOULD".
    Why? Because "should" is about judgement, control, and authority over what one thinks is correct.
    "We need to stop should-ing on others, and especially ourselves. Or we will end up having a should-y life." ~ Dr. Guy Grenier. :lol::lol:

I like that a lot. "Should" is one of those words that bother me too. It's a very guilt burdened word.

Bothers me almost as much as the phrase, "I'm going to..." In everyday life, it works ("I'm going to stop at the store after work", etc.), but you hear people all of the time saying these grand things that will never happen. "I'm going to get a new job", "I'm going to move to X city", "I'm going to change how I act", etc etc etc... Seems to me that most of these people never actually do it, they just say they are "going to". Sorry, that was a bit of a tangent lol.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    edited October 2011
    On that note, Dr. Guy Grenier said the worst word in the English language is "SHOULD".

I like that a lot. "Should" is one of those words that bother me too. It's a very guilt burdened word.

Bothers me almost as much as the phrase, "I'm going to..." In everyday life, it works ("I'm going to stop at the store after work", etc.), but you hear people all of the time saying these grand things that will never happen. "I'm going to get a new job", "I'm going to move to X city", "I'm going to change how I act", etc etc etc... Seems to me that most of these people never actually do it, they just say they are "going to". Sorry, that was a bit of a tangent lol.

No, I feel it's not really a off on a tangent. Then again, that's just me. I see "Going to" as like saying "Try".

I have noticed that whenever someone uses the phrase, "I'm going to/try and do that ____." They rarely do it. This includes myself, for I am not immune 100% of the time, and I am human after all. :lol: I do work at being mindful of what I am saying or doing, as I want things to happen, or not happen.

There is a reason Yoda says, "Do or do not, there is no try." :lol:

"To try" is to successfully fail. "To do" is to successfully achieve.

Sorry for the thread hijack, faceintheclouds. :oops: :lol:
    Post edited by ShimmyMommy on
  • I wouldnt change anything...
    Yeah, like everyone else I have made some blunders in my life...
    But fuck it...Ya live and ya learn....

Im happy right now...
    Kathy is happy...
    Our parents are alive and well....

I guess thats all that matters.....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    The only change I would have made would be to have seen Pearl Jam in 1991, 1992, 1993, and 1994. My first show was in 1995.

also would have seen Nirvana, Johnny Cash, and George Harrison somehow.

Other than that, I lived on the edge of responsible and have fun, with a heavier dose of have fun and enjoy life.

Even now with a wife and two kids that is our motto. Smell the roses now because life is short.
    I have a question to add....

If you could start over...would it make you a better person if you did it all differently? I wonder that all the time. :think:
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    hostis wrote:

This must be such a good feeling :)

exactly.
    i like to think like this.
    however, at times i think....a different choice.....and what a different life i might have.
    in oh so many ways, i see how lucky i am, but in so many others... think if i were a bit more brave....what a different life i might have.
    and so it goes.......
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I would have changed a lot of things, but I only know now that I would have changed them because I learned 'the hard way'.

All I can say now is, "Listen to your gut instincts" and "Don't be afraid to tell people NO!"
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless