Options

Homeland

Comments

• Options
    marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111
    awesome.....fuck the end was so awesome!!! :)

This is a great show show, I just watched all 12 episodes since last Friday, OMG. I was disturbed and irritated at the conclusion, it's a good show when it upsets me like that.

I see that the writers are some of the guys from 24. And Claire Danes is like a more disturbed and unsuccessful, but still dedicated and righteous, Jack Bauer. That's what always attracted me to 24 for the first few seasons. But this show is different, so great.

The music is so good as well. Love Miles Davis and anyone that does.

Why am I so attracted to shows about damaged people? Nobody answer that :D
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    marcos wrote:

Why am I so attracted to shows about damaged people? Nobody answer that :D
    who doesnt?? :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I was slightly disappointed that the bomb wasn't triggered (not very often you get to say that!). The up close, in your face shots were amazing. I find his daughter very annoying though and I guess I wished for him to tell her to keep her nose out of it and shut up, but it did show off his humanitarian side.

I think Carrie is horribly confused - she's in love with someone she thinks is a terrorist. Why is it she's a crumbling mess when she's two foot in front of him, yet if he's in the distance she knows him so well and wouldn't hesitate to have him killed.

I loved how Tom Walker ruffled the ladies hair as he was leaving :lol:

It's very hard to see how they can keep the greatness of the show going in Season 2 - sometimes it is better to quit while yer ahead (I agree with the Dexter comment!), instead of ruining it.
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    I was slightly disappointed that the bomb wasn't triggered (not very often you get to say that!). The up close, in your face shots were amazing. I find his daughter very annoying though and I guess I wished for him to tell her to keep her nose out of it and shut up, but it did show off his humanitarian side.

I think Carrie is horribly confused - she's in love with someone she thinks is a terrorist. Why is it she's a crumbling mess when she's two foot in front of him, yet if he's in the distance she knows him so well and wouldn't hesitate to have him killed.

I loved how Tom Walker ruffled the ladies hair as he was leaving :lol:

It's very hard to see how they can keep the greatness of the show going in Season 2 - sometimes it is better to quit while yer ahead (I agree with the Dexter comment!), instead of ruining it.
    i think they will find the way to continue this just great..
    and yes...that close up was awesome..i dint like that daughter part as well..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,078
    So I just watched the first four episodes on demand and was very impressed, will be going back for the final eight.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    I just watched the final episode. I think the bomb not going off is a way to keep it going with Brody because it makes sense that he uses his access to the highest levels of government to help Abu Nazir.

One thing that was strange was the fact that his wife always called him Brody as opposed to Nick or Nicholas? Anyone else pick up on this?
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I just watched the final episode. I think the bomb not going off is a way to keep it going with Brody because it makes sense that he uses his access to the highest levels of government to help Abu Nazir.

One thing that was strange was the fact that his wife always called him Brody as opposed to Nick or Nicholas? Anyone else pick up on this?

She's very good looking. I'd let her call me whatever she wanted. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:

well yeah, though i'm sure he's too busy thinking about being a terrorist to correct her.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
  • Options
    This first season was really great...I hope they can keep it up for season 2. I wonder who took Brody's memory card? :shock:
    "I am myself...like you, somehow."
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    DS1119 wrote:

well yeah, though i'm sure he's too busy thinking about being a terrorist to correct her.

did you watch 8 episodes in 3 days? that is impressive :mrgreen:

i was confused by the brody thing too
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    golden globe for best drama
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    YardenYarden Posts: 820
    and one for Claire Danes. well deserved.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,256
    Nice win, however I do think Boardwalk or Game of Thrones should have been considered first. Homeland is a good show, but this season of Boardwalk was awesome! Thrones was great too, but I think it's hindered by the fact that the show isn't original, but based off a book.
  • Options
    YardenYarden Posts: 820
    could it also be that Game of Thrones ended monthes ago and Homeland ended more recently?
    I would've picked Homeland too but i wonder if it's because it's newer than Game of Thrones and Boradwalk Empire.. anyways, it's been a great year for tv.
  • Options
    marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111
    Yarden wrote:
    and one for Claire Danes. well deserved.

Yeah, that last scene in the season finale with her really disturbed me as did her performance throughout the entire season. She's along way from that goofy MTV My so called life, which I've heard was good as well, but now of course is at another level. I so love disturbed people :twisted:
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Watched the first 2 episodes tonight and liked it. I kind of find Claire Danes annoying in the show. I'll still watch it.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Newch91 wrote:
    Watched the first 2 episodes tonight and liked it. I kind of find Claire Danes annoying in the show. I'll still watch it.

It gets even better. :thumbup:
  • Options
    any leak when 2nd season starts?
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Probably late summer or early fall.
  • Options
    Probably late summer or early fall.
  • Options
    Season 2 starts September 30th.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    Season 2 starts September 30th.
    cool..thanks
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Newch91 wrote:

i find claire danes annoying in everything she does...
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Just watched episode 6. Carrie fucked up the polygraph test badly. Can't wait to see the rest!
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    Just watched episode 6. Carrie fucked up the polygraph test badly. Can't wait to see the rest!
    :) nice...
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    just finished watching the last episodes this past sunday.... wheres the vest????? did brody manage to move the wrapping paper off the bed before he went to visit the VP? WTF?!!! no carrie dont do it. sad. :(
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    9/30 - Season 2 premier
  • Options
    LloydXmas wrote:
    9/30 - Season 2 premier
    I still haven't finished season 1. I should get to that.
  • Options
    LloydXmas wrote:
    9/30 - Season 2 premier
    awesome..alot has premier that day..i think dexter too..
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    Season 2 trailer. Can't wait for this one....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh_TPjZJCRc