Options

Homeland

Comments

• Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,256
    mca47 wrote:
    Why would she tell him the reason for the polygraph if she's trying to bust him? I understand once he past the polygraph, why she'd ask about him being unfaithful. That was her proving to herself that he knows how to beat it...but why tell him about it in the first place?

Yeah, I was surprised when she told him the reason for the polygraph....that gave him time to prepare for the test!

Yeah, not sure what her deal is now. It makes absolutely no sense for her to tell him that. I say some stupid shit when I'm drunk, but that's crazy!
    Not only did he probably get taught how to beat the poly, but the fact that he KNEW what it was about, and that he was most likely pretty hungover. Being hungover would certainly help as your physiological reactions are going to be slowed. Then her asking about him being unfaithful...which she can't admit to anyone...
    Hmmm...
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Another great episode last night. MAJOR Spoilers below for those that haven't seen it. Don't read on if you don't want some major plot points spoiled for you.

What did everyone think of the twist at the end? So Walker is alive and Brody hasn't been turned from what we can tell. I felt really sorry for Brody in this episode...after all he has been through he finally found someone he thought he could trust and feel free around (Carrie) only to have that turned upside down on him. The scene with him crying on the couch at the end while his wife was awake in the bed was really heartbreaking. He is truly alone. Loved Brody's daughter telling Mike to leave the family alone!

The question still remains on who gave the blade to the terrorist? Could it have been Saul, another agent, or did he simply have it hidden in his possession? I was starting to wonder about Saul when he seemed so eager to meet the american terrorist..is he dirty and wanted to get rid of her or is he just doing his job? They did seem to make a point to show him looking at the FBI agents as well, but there's nothing inherently suspicious about that. My hunch is that Saul is not dirty...but we'll have to wait and see.

Also, going back to the wife..does anyone kindve get the feeling that she's kindve a "B." She may be, in part, upset that her husband was found because it ruined her life with Mike, who she clearly has more feelings for at the moment. I thought that scene a few episodes back where she yelled at him for not being able to properly F her was uncalled for...I mean the guy was a POW for 8 years...you can't expect him to just go home and be normal right away. It's like Brody said..she just doesn't understand.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    Better Dan wrote:
    Another great episode last night. MAJOR Spoilers below for those that haven't seen it. Don't read on if you don't want some major plot points spoiled for you.

What did everyone think of the twist at the end? So Walker is alive and Brody hasn't been turned from what we can tell. I felt really sorry for Brody in this episode...after all he has been through he finally found someone he thought he could trust and feel free around (Carrie) only to have that turned upside down on him. The scene with him crying on the couch at the end while his wife was awake in the bed was really heartbreaking. He is truly alone. Loved Brody's daughter telling Mike to leave the family alone!

The question still remains on who gave the blade to the terrorist? Could it have been Saul, another agent, or did he simply have it hidden in his possession? I was starting to wonder about Saul when he seemed so eager to meet the american terrorist..is he dirty and wanted to get rid of her or is he just doing his job? They did seem to make a point to show him looking at the FBI agents as well, but there's nothing inherently suspicious about that. My hunch is that Saul is not dirty...but we'll have to wait and see.

Also, going back to the wife..does anyone kindve get the feeling that she's kindve a "B." She may be, in part, upset that her husband was found because it ruined her life with Mike, who she clearly has more feelings for at the moment. I thought that scene a few episodes back where she yelled at him for not being able to properly F her was uncalled for...I mean the guy was a POW for 8 years...you can't expect him to just go home and be normal right away. It's like Brody said..she just doesn't understand.

What an awesome episode! This is becoming my favorite show on TV right now.

What a plot twist....I don't think any one could have seen that coming. Kinda glad Brody isn't the terrorist...I'm starting to kinda like the guy. He is in a really bad place right now. I'm sure things aren't over with him and Carrie.

As far as that terrorist getting the razorblade, I think he prob just had it on him. I'm really hoping this doesn't turn into '24' (I think the creators worked on 24 too) where there are double agents all over the place. Saul seems way too passionate about his job to be a mole anyways...at least I hope he is.
  • Options
    I still think Brody has something to do with it.... We shall see.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I still think he's hiding something too. Why spend so many episodes stalking him only for him to turn around and say "actually, no it's not me"? As if we'll all go "ah, alright so!" :D

Fantastic show though, gets better every week. Never know whats around the corner!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Jennytree wrote:
    I still think he's hiding something too. Why spend so many episodes stalking him only for him to turn around and say "actually, no it's not me"? As if we'll all go "ah, alright so!" :D

Fantastic show though, gets better every week. Never know whats around the corner!
    amazing show,,last episode was awesome..woman plays main role is awesome!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340

Every time she cries I still expect Jordan Catalano to be the cause of it though :lol:
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Jennytree wrote:

Every time she cries I still expect Jordan Catalano to be the cause of it though :lol:

:lol:
  • Options
    saw sneak from next episode..has action :D
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    Jennytree wrote:

during the opening credits they show pictures of claire danes when she was younger...there's one pic of her in her teens or so. always makes me think of my so called life :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:

during the opening credits they show pictures of claire danes when she was younger...there's one pic of her in her teens or so. always makes me think of my so called life :lol:

What is with those opening credits?? Pretty weird....almost as bad as boardwalk empire's opening credits.
  • Options
    What is with those opening credits?? Pretty weird....almost as bad as boardwalk empire's opening credits.

Boardwalk's grew on me, but yeah..Homeland's credits are weird :lol: Still pretty cool though..adds to the mood of the show in it's own way. I like the shot of Brody and Carrie in the maze.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options

i hope you're right.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

i hope you're right.
  • Options

i hope you're right.

right? :lol: ....he's such an unlikable character. i just want him to be the terrorist.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Whoah! :shock:
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:

Oh man here we go with the back and forth shit....not surprising since the producers are guys who worked on 24 when people changed from week to week if they were good or bad.
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:

Oh man here we go with the back and forth shit....not surprising since the producers are guys who worked on 24 when people changed from week to week if they were good or bad.

Major Spoilers Below

I actually enjoyed this episode a whole lot. The ending revelation was something some people still suspected after last week, so I don't think it would qualify as a 24 moment. A 24 moment would be Carrie's dad/sister being the mastermind behind the terrorist attack. :lol: There were also still too many unknowns about Brody's time in captivity and how he passed the polygraph test for his word to be taken at face value last week. Even now, we still don't know all the details of what's going on with him and his relationship with the terrorists. Did you catch Brody's cold stare when he was in the limo was his wife? At first, I thought he was thinking about Carrie but after the events of the episode, perhaps he was thinking about his mission.

Lot of other nice touches throughout the episode. I felt Saul's lonliness as he walked into his house alone after his wife left. I liked how the camera lingered on that shot for a little bit. Also felt bad for Carrie and her realization.

Question now, what is Walker's mission? It can't still be to get on the roof of the house can it, since the authorities have already found that location. I wonder if the target is still Marine 1. Bigger question -- What was/is Brody's mission? Was he truly turned or did he just pretend to be in order to survive captivity?

I love this show!!!!
  • Options
    im going to watch Dexter and then this,im not reading your post..
  • Options
    im going to watch Dexter and then this,im not reading your post..

Good! I was thinking and worried about you, which is why I added spoiler warning. I should have said Dimitris - This means you!! after my spoiler warning. :lol:
  • Options
    shit..this getti ng better and better..love it.. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:
    Better Dan wrote:

Major Spoilers Below

I actually enjoyed this episode a whole lot. The ending revelation was something some people still suspected after last week, so I don't think it would qualify as a 24 moment. A 24 moment would be Carrie's dad/sister being the mastermind behind the terrorist attack. :lol: There were also still too many unknowns about Brody's time in captivity and how he passed the polygraph test for his word to be taken at face value last week. Even now, we still don't know all the details of what's going on with him and his relationship with the terrorists. Did you catch Brody's cold stare when he was in the limo was his wife? At first, I thought he was thinking about Carrie but after the events of the episode, perhaps he was thinking about his mission.

Lot of other nice touches throughout the episode. I felt Saul's lonliness as he walked into his house alone after his wife left. I liked how the camera lingered on that shot for a little bit. Also felt bad for Carrie and her realization.

Question now, what is Walker's mission? It can't still be to get on the roof of the house can it, since the authorities have already found that location. I wonder if the target is still Marine 1. Bigger question -- What was/is Brody's mission? Was he truly turned or did he just pretend to be in order to survive captivity?

I love this show!!!!

good read on the episode. i am in agreement with everything you said.

i wonder if tom knows brody is still alive or if they made him believe he was dead too...only 3 left right?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,256
    Awesome episode!!
    One of the best yet!!!
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    Awesome episode!!
    One of the best yet!!!
    +1
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    Awesome episode!!
    One of the best yet!!!

Oh man! I'm behind since I was out of town over the weekend. Hope to watch it tonight..Can't wait!
  • Options
    WOW WOW WOW! I haven't felt this much anxiety and tension while watching a TV show since the early seasons of 24. Another great episode...Next week's looks like its going to be intense.

"Things are going to get wild"
  • Options
    cant find torrent yet :(
  • Options
    holy shit!!awesome!!
  • Options
    holy shit!!awesome!!

+1 :D

Was the promo included in your downloaded? Watch it here in case it wasn't http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6YTW1fkRcM

:shock:
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:
    holy shit!!awesome!!

+1 :D

Was the promo included in your downloaded? Watch it here in case it wasn't http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6YTW1fkRcM

:shock:
    :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: