Department Of Motor Vehicles.....

2»

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    mickeyrat wrote:
    81 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    no thanks. Was just there in August. Food safety course. other than being a little heavier traffic, chicago area drivers are a lot like ohio drivers. me me me.

you are nuts....Chicago drivers blow....but then...i'm from small town ohio...where there is no traffic.
    you didnt get that from my post? yeah ohio drivers suck. When it sprinkles or snows these fuckers act like they forgot how to drive!!

must be a columbus thing....in NW ohio....we can handle snow....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    mickeyrat wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Getting your truck license is not easy and costly...my wife got her license and I know it was tough...unfortunately she did everything right...drove long haul for over a year...and then when she started applying for jobs that were home at night or shorter trips they just kept saying "not enough experience". So driving 10's of thousands of KM's through Northern Ontario, Manitoba, Alberta to Edmonton in the the dead of winter, all through the US in cities like LA, Chicago, New York etc..is not enough experience...how much experience does 1 need? 2 years, 3 years...many owners of companies she spoke to said 1 year, then she applied after driving for schneider for over a year, they then said they want 2 years. She got very discouraged and left the industry...I have encouraged to keep applying for jobs...but she doesn't see it working out.
    most any want ad I've ever seen wanted a minimum of 2 years experience.

Hard to get experience...if no one hires them.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,944
    lukin2006 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Getting your truck license is not easy and costly...my wife got her license and I know it was tough...unfortunately she did everything right...drove long haul for over a year...and then when she started applying for jobs that were home at night or shorter trips they just kept saying "not enough experience". So driving 10's of thousands of KM's through Northern Ontario, Manitoba, Alberta to Edmonton in the the dead of winter, all through the US in cities like LA, Chicago, New York etc..is not enough experience...how much experience does 1 need? 2 years, 3 years...many owners of companies she spoke to said 1 year, then she applied after driving for schneider for over a year, they then said they want 2 years. She got very discouraged and left the industry...I have encouraged to keep applying for jobs...but she doesn't see it working out.

she already had a job offering that very thing. Yeah I'm sure it sucks being gone all the time. I reckon I'll find that out soon enough.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    mickeyrat wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

she already had a job offering that very thing. Yeah I'm sure it sucks being gone all the time. I reckon I'll find that out soon enough.

It's not easy...but she did have lot of companies tell her 1, plus an article in the local newspaper about trucking where they said the same thing...now after she did a year plus that when the economy down turned so maybe the rules changed because more people were looking for work and companies have more people to choose from...I dunno.

I wish you the best of luck and sincerely hope all works out for you.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    Most that I have been to have been horrible. People who clearly hate their job and take it out on the "customer"...even though they aren't really a customer.

Anyways, the one her in Scottsdale is actually pretty decent. It does get really busy, but they also have like 30 windows open so it never takes too long...and the people are usually pretty nice.