wow. RIP.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Damn! He changed our world with his genius. RIP
  • VinylGirlVinylGirl Posts: 551
    What a huge loss. RIP
  • mdgsolomdgsolo Posts: 796
    Truly sad day. So many losses lately of so many great people..
  • joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    to be honest i didnt think he was going to go that fast ....hell he just stepped down as CEO not to long ago ...
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168
    Wow. Was expecting a crack about Tim Cook's performance in this thread :(
  • such a genius... He really changed the world. He will be missed. :cry:
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    :(
  • pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    Suziemay wrote:
    Wow. Was expecting a crack about Tim Cook's performance in this thread :(

hence the thread title change...my bad
    aqo2t.jpg
  • holy shit!
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Staceb10Staceb10 Posts: 675
    RIP
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112
    edited October 2011
    Major loss for technology and the world. He made computing easy & fun; so user friendly which things should be.
    Post edited by marcos on
    "Jobs' climb to the top was complete in summer 2011, when Apple listed more cash reserves than the U.S. Treasury and even briefly surpassed Exxon Mobil as the world's most valuable company."
    aqo2t.jpg
  • 'Tis a shame.
    I knew it all along, see?
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    :cry::cry:

This is really sad. But what a legacy he has left the world.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • bicyclejoebicyclejoe Posts: 1,203
    Life won't be as fun without him.

To infinity and beyond!
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • animusanimus Posts: 530
    using a mac as I type this and eating an apple. RIP.
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,532
    I don't use apple products, but that sucks that he died. Even though I use an Android phone, I'm well aware that it was Apple that really pushed (accelerated) the development of smartphones.

While my PC is windows, I'm fully aware that it was "innovated" from an apple OS in the 80's.

The dude pushed technology, and even though you might not use it, that competition enhanced products from other companies.

He brought Apple almost back from the dead with his forsight about the future being portable devices.

RIP steve.
    Zod wrote:
    I don't use apple products, but that sucks that he died. Even though I use an Android phone, I'm well aware that it was Apple that really pushed (accelerated) the development of smartphones.

While my PC is windows, I'm fully aware that it was "innovated" from an apple OS in the 80's.

The dude pushed technology, and even though you might not use it, that competition enhanced products from other companies.

He brought Apple almost back from the dead with his forsight about the future being portable devices.

RIP steve.

great perspective...well said
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Really sad day!
  • PearlLucyPearlLucy Posts: 492
    edited October 2011
    I too don't own any of these "Istuff" but I admire him. It was really shocking to hear he had passed. It sucks he died so young. I feel he could have done so much more if he had more time! But who am I to say that...

Also, I think it is a great example of what should really matters in our lives: our health and our legacy ...NO MONEY in this world can buy you HEALTH or help you build a reputation ( and when I say reputation I mean as a good friend, mother/father, son/daughter, citizen, etc...)

RIP Steve :(
    Post edited by PearlLucy on
  • I'm extremely saddened by this. I'm watching the coverage on CNN right now and one of the people just said "He is right up there with Thomas Edison." It's very odd to think about it like that, but it really is true.

RIP Steve.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • eyejackereyejacker Posts: 1,282
    :cry:
    I own 5 Macs, an iPod an iPhone etc... Never owned a PC...
    Truly a sad sad day....

He changed the creative industry singlehandedly.....
  • JasonEJasonE Posts: 531
    It's a sad, sad day.
    "If you're not confused, you're not paying attention."

"Rise above principal and do what's right."
  • Zod wrote:

RIP steve.
    That's a great epitaph, and all true. (I do love my iPod though).
    My Pearl Jam shows: 1 in 1995, 2 in 1998, 20 in 2003, 13 in 2006, 3 in 2007, 8 in 2008, 5 in 2009, 4 in 2010, 5 in 2012. EV: 8 in 2011, 1 in 2012. Brad: 1 in 1998, 1 in 2002.
  • SJ isad.
    Peace to all your friends and family.
    May your visions live on through the lives you inspired.

Gonna break out the Apple IIc tonight and play some Chop-lifter.
  • FrankY59FrankY59 Posts: 1,049
    MacBook.
    iPad.
    iPhone.

I use all these devices every single day of my life for work and pleasure. This guy was revolutionary. You will not be forgotten when the inevitable next best thing comes out.

Thank you.