I love the smell of...

Comments

• Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Panties

Clean or worn...

your answer gauges your creepiness. :lol:

Worn of course. Jk, always looking for an excuse to say something creepy.
    I'll be back
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    afroannnie wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

is that the same study that also correlates the fact that birth control pills alter a woman's sense of smell, so sometimes her mate smells different, and then she no longer finds that smell attractive? (I swear I read an article about that)

Hmmm...I don't think I read that one...but there's tons of studies out there...I read about it in grad school..I think they were trying to correlate that basically you're attracted to "mates" with MHC genes not similar to your own...thus reducing the risk of genetic defects...damn..i can't remember the outcome of the study :x

If you are on birth control pills, your body thinks you are pregnant (hormonally) and thus, you prefer other men than for example during ovulation phases. During the latter, women prefer men that are genetically different from them and try to "collect" as much good genetic material as possible. This is what makes them horny when they are ovulating. If they are on the pill, they want someone who can take care of them and their offspring, so they rather look for someone who is genetically similar to them, "family". Ovulation is repressed and libido might die down. The smelling sense changes when you are pregnant, that is why some women have strange food desires. Sooo ...

I think there was also a study that said that ovulating women prefer men with manly, edgy faces and women on the pill liked more round and not-so-male face shapes. I think I read that.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Cavstarr313.. goddamn that boy smells good!! oh wait, thats me..

You hugged me at PJ20, and my heart fluttered from your aroma............
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    Leeze wrote:

If you are on birth control pills, your body thinks you are pregnant (hormonally) and thus, you prefer other men than for example during ovulation phases. During the latter, women prefer men that are genetically different from them and try to "collect" as much good genetic material as possible. This is what makes them horny when they are ovulating. If they are on the pill, they want someone who can take care of them and their offspring, so they rather look for someone who is genetically similar to them, "family". Ovulation is repressed and libido might die down. The smelling sense changes when you are pregnant, that is why some women have strange food desires. Sooo ...

I think there was also a study that said that ovulating women prefer men with manly, edgy faces and women on the pill liked more round and not-so-male face shapes. I think I read that.

Well, I just read that again and it doesn't really sound very scientific, but summed up, I think it's something like that. Didn't they have people smell on sweaty t-shirt samples in order to find out what everyone pefers in which phase?
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    Leeze wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

is that the same study that also correlates the fact that birth control pills alter a woman's sense of smell, so sometimes her mate smells different, and then she no longer finds that smell attractive? (I swear I read an article about that)

Hmmm...I don't think I read that one...but there's tons of studies out there...I read about it in grad school..I think they were trying to correlate that basically you're attracted to "mates" with MHC genes not similar to your own...thus reducing the risk of genetic defects...damn..i can't remember the outcome of the study :x

And I think there was something in that study about mustaches too ;):D
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Leeze wrote:
    Leeze wrote:

Well, I just read that again and it doesn't really sound very scientific, but summed up, I think it's something like that. Didn't they have people smell on sweaty t-shirt samples in order to find out what everyone pefers in which phase?

I think something like that...when I was single I liked giving hugs to see if a guy smelled good or not. :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    Leeze wrote:
    Leeze wrote:

I think that was one of the studies..if you want too be geeky...I usually use Google "Scholar" search to find legitimate journal articles :geek:
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,777
    cat urine on my clothes :lol:

seriosuly: candles burning, some flowers, & marshmallows roasting on an open fire
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    dcfaithful wrote:

:lol::lol: Funny, I felt the same way..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • oona leftoona left Posts: 1,677
    My cat.

Certain times, she smells like fresh baked brownies. It's wonderful.

Also:
    The smoke from a cigarette on crisp day.
    Burning leaves.
    Coffee, of course.
    Milk and honey scent.
    Cinnamon raisin bread being baked (not toasted, baked), especially on a chilly morning.
    dcfaithful wrote:

You're a smooth devil, my friend.

I should admit that when you weren't looking I snipped some of your hair and have it on my keychain. You're with me everywhere.

Holy shit, I felt creepy typing that. :?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    dcfaithful wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

I should admit that when you weren't looking I snipped some of your hair and have it on my keychain. You're with me everywhere.

Holy shit, I felt longing typing that. :?

You guys looked really cute together.
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    dcfaithful wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

I smell man love

not that there's anything wrong with that! :mrgreen:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

I smell man love

not that there's anything wrong with that! :mrgreen:

:lol::lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • guitar59guitar59 Posts: 1,221
    Sheets that have dried on the line outside
    Roasting Turkey
    Pot roast simmering in the crockpot
    Lavender
  • really good weed :D
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    really good weed :D
    :mrgreen:
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,777
    oona left wrote:
    My cat.

Certain times, she smells like fresh baked brownies. It's wonderful.

:lol: i think i know the smell you mean, but sounds funny
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    DCfaithfull... great smelling man
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    Gun oil.
  • If we want to get into arguing the fantasticness of men's or women's fragrances, I'll go ahead and give Coolwater for women the hands down #1 women's perfume ever. I'd make out with Rosie O'Donnell if she was greased up in that shit. :shock:
    We were but stones your light made us stars
    i just took a shower..... i smell marvelous!
    conman wrote:
    What brand of soap do you use?? I will be the judge!! :lol:
    conman wrote:
    It's Irish Spring, I can smell him from here.
    voidofman wrote:
    conman wrote:
    It's Irish Spring, I can smell him from here.
    :lol:

old spice high endurance - fresh scent
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    Our baby boy. Sweet little stinker. :)
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
    ConMan smells like the volleyball scene in Top Gun to me.. for some weird reason..
    ConMan smells like the volleyball scene in Top Gun to me.. for some weird reason..

:lol:
    i don't know if i should laugh or be offended, i haven't seen that movie in ages

you makin funna me Cavstarr??

:P
    conman wrote:
    i don't know if i should laugh or be offended, i haven't seen that movie in ages

you makin funna me Cavstarr??

:P
    Hell no man!! just cause you are in the service.. You know I got nuthing but love!!!