I love the smell of...

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    afroannnie wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    bacon wrapped pigeons roasting over charcoal in a grill that had a plastic rain poncho melted on it, in the rain, on the grass, under a blue canopy, next to a red Tacoma, with the fresh aroma of alcohol infused whipped cream from a can wafting by. and beer.

Perfect! :D

ahhh...the memories... ;)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Gardenias :D
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    I am a believer that one of the most amazing smells in the world is that of onions and garlic sauteing in a pan of oil.

It's fucking delicious smelling.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    A good smelling man. Especially if he's wearing aqua di gio. Pure heaven.

Fresh rain

A fresh bottle of wine just uncorked
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:
    new tires. :?

eh...I like the smell of a garage...like a mechanic's garage.

Me too.

Others for me are the smell of a campfire, and rain.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    chadwick wrote:
    sauteeing mushrooms, onions, and garlic in a little butter
    holy moly :shock:

Chad knows best.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    dcfaithful wrote:
    I am a believer that one of the most amazing smells in the world is that of onions and garlic sauteing in a pan of oil.

It's fucking delicious smelling.

this is true..this is the start of making the "eddie vedder stew"
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    dcfaithful wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    sauteeing mushrooms, onions, and garlic in a little butter
    holy moly :shock:

Chad knows best.
    Definitely good smells. Now I'm hungry. Thanks chadwick. :lol:
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    maple syrup and coffee
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    corned beef and cabbage cooking on the stove
    shea stadium
    sawdust
    campfire
    brownies fresh out of the oven
    Anyone ever noticed that people have their own smell? I don't think it's a ground breaking observation, so you probably have realized it, but it's interesting to me.

I mean this in the most non-weird, creepy way, but the smell of my girlfriend is wonderful. Everytime I hug her and smell her skin it's fantastic. Reminds me of the very first day we met each other.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    conman wrote:
    sawdust
    campfire
    brownies fresh out of the oven

All amazing aromas.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    peanut butter. Tastes and smells great.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Anyone ever noticed that people have their own smell? I don't think it's a ground breaking observation, so you probably have realized it, but it's interesting to me.

I mean this in the most non-weird, creepy way, but the smell of my girlfriend is wonderful. Everytime I hug her and smell her skin it's fantastic. Reminds me of the very first day we met each other.

Believe it or not, there's actually alot of research done/going on about this...

There's studies looking into connections between what makes people attracted to each other and how it relates to a group of genes called the Major Histocompatibility Complex (MHC). :geek:
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    dcfaithful wrote:

That is really cute. I agree. I love the way my husband smells first thing in the morning when hes all warm and sleepy (waiting for it..... keep the rude comments to yourselves people ;) )

Also love the smell of coffee
    Freshly bathed babies
    Spring rain
    My garden
    all you need is love, love is all you need
    edited October 2011
    afroannnie wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

Believe it or not, there's actually alot of research done/going on about this...

There's studies looking into connections between what makes people attracted to each other and how it relates to a group of genes called the Major Histocompatibility Complex (MHC). :geek:

That's very interesting.

Does that give me an excuse to smell some random woman to test compatibility?? :lol:

I say that after a nice comment about my girlfriend. I'm an asshole.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    edited October 2011
    Chocolate cake

strawberries

the scent of apple/cinnamon candles

Rapture perfume by Victoria Secret

fresh flowers....

a christmas tree with the pine cones still on it....

clean lavender scented bed sheets
    Post edited by mikalina_old on
    ********************************************************************************************* image
    tinkerbell wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

That is really cute. I agree. I love the way my husband smells first thing in the morning when hes all warm and sleepy (waiting for it..... keep the rude comments to yourselves people ;) )

Forgetting about the morning breath though, right? ;)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    afroannnie wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

is that the same study that also correlates the fact that birth control pills alter a woman's sense of smell, so sometimes her mate smells different, and then she no longer finds that smell attractive? (I swear I read an article about that)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    dcfaithful wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

That's very interesting.

Does that give me an excuse to smell some random woman to test compatibility?? :lol:

:lol::lol: You might be able to find a study that lets you do that!
  • Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    Panties
    I'll be back
    Panties

Clean or worn...

your answer gauges your creepiness. :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,800
    egg farts. gross I know, but theres something so .... organic about them. :mrgreen:

if you believe that shit , I got some "waterfront" property in Fla for sale!! ;)
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    afroannnie wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

That's very interesting.

:lol::lol: You might be able to find a study that lets you do that!

On a side note, I've been a participant in a study... it's kind of cool. Plus, I got paid damn good.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    RKCNDY wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

is that the same study that also correlates the fact that birth control pills alter a woman's sense of smell, so sometimes her mate smells different, and then she no longer finds that smell attractive? (I swear I read an article about that)

Hmmm...I don't think I read that one...but there's tons of studies out there...I read about it in grad school..I think they were trying to correlate that basically you're attracted to "mates" with MHC genes not similar to your own...thus reducing the risk of genetic defects...damn..i can't remember the outcome of the study :x
    dcfaithful wrote:
    [

On a side note, I've been a participant in a study... it's kind of cool. Plus, I got paid damn good.

We get paid at work for donating "samples"..We get paid pretty well..and we're on a roll right now. I'm planning on putting on the $$ into my PJ tour fund :lol::lol:
    afroannnie wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    [

We get paid at work for donating "samples"..We get paid pretty well..and we're on a roll right now. I'm planning on putting on the $$ into my PJ tour fund :lol::lol:

Samples of what??? :? :?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    [

Samples of what??? :? :?

:lol: Recently, nasal swabs, urine samples...and one other spot... :shock:
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Cavstarr313.. goddamn that boy smells good!! oh wait, thats me..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    RKCNDY wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

It definitely changes while pregnant - didn't like the smell of Mr Tink so much then :sick:
    all you need is love, love is all you need