edited October 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    yep.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    I don't think they had any choice, there was no evidence, and the original conviction was based on character assassination.

Sounds familiar doesn't it?? (WM3)
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,432
    don't know if she is guilty or not but that girl has got them 'crazy eyes'
  • certainly if she is innocent its great she's free. that said, i see no correlation between this case and the wm3, or mumia or peltier or any other such case. knox lived at the flat with her roommate, its plausible she was there, she suggested another man committed the crime which turned out to be a lie on her part, and she supposedly was doing cartwheels at the police station hours after seeing her friends dead body. indeed from what i can gleen, no dna of hers was found at the scene, but certainly, the wm3, mumia and peltier, never had or acted the way she did. Can you imagine damien doing cartwheels or peltier suggesting another person killed the 2 fbi guys and it was found out he lied? none of them would have the support they have now, period.

i find her behavior bizaare and strange. was the dna at the scene hers? was her boyfriends dna at the scene? the ivory coast resident lying when he said he saw the boyfriend and knox at the scene? did he commit it alone? is he guilty?

again, i applaud and beg for the release of all innocent people from prison, however to equate this with the wm3, mumia or peltier is egregious and frankly ludicrous.
    certainly if she is innocent its great she's free. that said, i see no correlation between this case and the wm3, or mumia or peltier or any other such case. knox lived at the flat with her roommate, its plausible she was there, she suggested another man committed the crime which turned out to be a lie on her part, and she supposedly was doing cartwheels at the police station hours after seeing her friends dead body. indeed from what i can gleen, no dna of hers was found at the scene, but certainly, the wm3, mumia and peltier, never had or acted the way she did. Can you imagine damien doing cartwheels or peltier suggesting another person killed the 2 fbi guys and it was found out he lied? none of them would have the support they have now, period.

i find her behavior bizaare and strange. was the dna at the scene hers? was her boyfriends dna at the scene? the ivory coast resident lying when he said he saw the boyfriend and knox at the scene? did he commit it alone? is he guilty?

again, i applaud and beg for the release of all innocent people from prison, however to equate this with the wm3, mumia or peltier is egregious and frankly ludicrous.

with all due respect Mumia is guilty as sin and even reportedly confessed/bragged about killing Officer Daniel Faulkner in the hospital.
  • pjhawks wrote:
    certainly if she is innocent its great she's free. that said, i see no correlation between this case and the wm3, or mumia or peltier or any other such case. knox lived at the flat with her roommate, its plausible she was there, she suggested another man committed the crime which turned out to be a lie on her part, and she supposedly was doing cartwheels at the police station hours after seeing her friends dead body. indeed from what i can gleen, no dna of hers was found at the scene, but certainly, the wm3, mumia and peltier, never had or acted the way she did. Can you imagine damien doing cartwheels or peltier suggesting another person killed the 2 fbi guys and it was found out he lied? none of them would have the support they have now, period.

with all due respect Mumia is guilty as sin and even reportedly confessed in the hospital.

gotta disagree. had mumia not been a radical black panther he wouldnt be in prison. i dont think thats some coincidence. it never is. the philly pd is notoriously racist trash. he had fbi files dating back to the 70's, to suggest he was a target and a marked man isnt conspiracy, its plain hard truth.

One has to wonder why exactly the Philly PD and the prosecuters viewed Mumia with such hatred, even before the trial and the killing of Faulkner. Extending that further, he continues to be a major issue. we wouldnt be talkign about him if it was otherwise. the courts have to know this is a major issue. The coalition and support for Mumia extends beyond the typical hippie activist base and includes a host of people from the Dalai Lama to the late John Paul III, to Tutu, to even Colin Firth.
  • dont know if you were kidding around but certainly one cant tell the innocence or guilt of someone based on their eyes or their look or something like that. thats silly. its certainly what put the wm3 in prison. unless you are george carlin and can tell the guilt of someone just by looking at them, i'd keep that to yourself.
  • Only reason we still talk about Mumia is misguided outsiders like yourself keep bringing him up. He'd have been fried a long time ago if the proper verdict simply worked itself out. Why am I not surprised at all that you are a supporter of that guy? :roll:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • pjhawks wrote:
    don't know if she is guilty or not but that girl has got them 'crazy eyes'

That is a ridiculous comment, you have to admit.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I watched a news story on the case, they said that when Amanda came home one morning, she noticed that the door was ajar and things didn't 'look right' so she goes and takes a shower..THEN calls the police to investigate.

who DOES that?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    pjhawks wrote:

with all due respect Mumia is guilty as sin and even reportedly confessed in the hospital.

gotta disagree. had mumia not been a radical black panther he wouldnt be in prison. i dont think thats some coincidence. it never is. the philly pd is notoriously racist trash. he had fbi files dating back to the 70's, to suggest he was a target and a marked man isnt conspiracy, its plain hard truth.

One has to wonder why exactly the Philly PD and the prosecuters viewed Mumia with such hatred, even before the trial and the killing of Faulkner. Extending that further, he continues to be a major issue. we wouldnt be talkign about him if it was otherwise. the courts have to know this is a major issue. The coalition and support for Mumia extends beyond the typical hippie activist base and includes a host of people from the Dalai Lama to the late John Paul III, to Tutu, to even Colin Firth.

i've read the trial transcripts, i've read books on the subject. regardless of whether Mumia was previously being targeted or watched by the FBI is irrelevant. all the evidence points to him. even his brother who was a witness has never publicly come forward to support his innocence.

http://www.danielfaulkner.com/

http://www.danielfaulkner.com/docs/Summ ... eFacts.pdf

as for my 'crazy eyes' comment regarding amanda knox yes i was joking and not putting any credence into her guilt or innocence because of how i perceive her looks.
  • This case and WM3 have nothing to do with Mumia. There was ample evidence for the conviction in the Mumia case. People really need to stop making that guy their "symbol of freedom" or whatever.

• RKCNDY wrote:
    I watched a news story on the case, they said that when Amanda came home one morning, she noticed that the door was ajar and things didn't 'look right' so she goes and takes a shower..THEN calls the police to investigate.

who DOES that?

exactly. exactly what i was suggesting. if she's innocent, by all means, this is a great day. however, the main point of introducing wm3 and mumia and peltier into the argument, was to suggest none of them conducted themselves in the manner that knox did. again, can you imagine, the 3 boys were just killed, miskelly "confesses" and they round damien and jason up and damien is doing cartwheels around the police station? can you imagine how that would have looked and been perceived. its just not something people do. the fact no one in the wm3 case did that is not a coincidence. or as i said, imagine had jason come out and said, that his dad had committed the crime or something, wildly outrageous and stupid, and his dad had been jailed and arrested and all that stuff, all the while jason knowing he was lying and that his dad was innocent.

knox's behavior is flat out odd. seeing something tragic like the dead body of a friend would cause anyone to flip out. however i would wager, you lined up 100 people and put them in knox's shoes, not one of them would have taken a shower nor been cartwheeling around the police station hours after a friends brutal murder
    This case and WM3 have nothing to do with Mumia. There was ample evidence for the conviction in the Mumia case. People really need to stop making that guy their "symbol of freedom" or whatever.

Johnny you and i agree on this one. i think it's really only people outside of the philly area who truly have any thoughts that Mumia is not guilty. all the evidence points to the guy and no one else. sad that people ignore the evidence and use him as an example. it's really an insult to those who are wrongly convicted that this guy is lumped in with them.
  • i also think the dna is a problem. each side seems to deny and cancel out the meaning of it. one side said its the boyfriend and knox's dna at the scene, while the defence said it was rye bread remnants. the prosecuters say dna was all over the room, the defence said it was all over the room because the scene was contaminated by police. that one photo of handling evidence with a dirty glove, could be just that, contamination, or it could also be the remnants of the evidence the officer is holding, formed that second.

what about that guede guy? was he lying? he was placed at the scene, and said the boyfriend and knox were there, then denied it. then said he saw someone who could be the boyfriend and knox's silloutte outside.

was it a break in? if it was how did they get in? the police suggested the bedroom window was staged, as the room was a mess, yet glass shards lay on a pile of clothes, suggesting it was a coverup attempt by the killer.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,796
    I think Jessica Biel will be great as here in the movie that is undoubtedly going to be made :roll:
  • pjhawks wrote:
    This case and WM3 have nothing to do with Mumia. There was ample evidence for the conviction in the Mumia case. People really need to stop making that guy their "symbol of freedom" or whatever.

Johnny you and i agree on this one. i think it's really only people outside of the philly area who truly have any thoughts that Mumia is not guilty. all the evidence points to the guy and no one else. sad that people ignore the evidence and use him as an example. it's really an insult to those who are wrongly convicted that this guy is lumped in with them.

again, two things. the racist history of brutality and murder on the part of the philly pd, ie, MOVE.

and two, why exactly was mumia being monitored even as a teen? its long been known the fear of the Panthers running up on white folks and murdering them was a false image, and was not reality. yes they preached militancy, but the idea that they were out there murdering pigs and all white people they could find is inaccurate. Why exactly would the FBI be monitoring a teenage Mumia? And historically, what was the stated desire and MO of the FBI and the CIA during the 1960's and 1970's, reguarding black militant groups and even nonviolent folks like MLK? A group of thugs that would slander and harass MLK to the extent they did (expose affairs, suggest their goal was to "neutralize the threat", and to try and get MLK to commit suicide) is certainly not a group i'd support or stick up for.

you folks in philly, why not talk about what your racist pigs did to the MOVE organization, to women and children? to a pregnant woman for godssake? How in philly a bomb was actually dropped on a house full of women and children? how about your mayors comments about blacks? Rizzo? How about Rendell?

i'd be wary of alligning myself with racist people like rendell, rizzo, and the entire philly pd.

what threat could a 13 year old mumia pose? and to what extent did they view him as an enemy of the state?
  • certainly if she is innocent its great she's free. that said, i see no correlation between this case and the wm3, or mumia or peltier or any other such case. knox lived at the flat with her roommate, its plausible she was there, she suggested another man committed the crime which turned out to be a lie on her part, and she supposedly was doing cartwheels at the police station hours after seeing her friends dead body. indeed from what i can gleen, no dna of hers was found at the scene, but certainly, the wm3, mumia and peltier, never had or acted the way she did. Can you imagine damien doing cartwheels or peltier suggesting another person killed the 2 fbi guys and it was found out he lied? none of them would have the support they have now, period.

I don't know what article or news reports you read but I heard it was somersaults and piruettes.
    There wasn't enough room in the police station to do cartwheels.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,558
    pjhawks wrote:

this guy...clearly has no clue what he's talking about.
    www.myspace.com
  • Just, wow. Nobody ever said Philly police never did anything bad, or that Rizzo was an angel. Actually, if you had a clue, you'd know the MOVE bomb was ordered by Wilson Goode, a black mayor. Just keep talking about things you don't understand.

All anyone is saying is... Mumia is guilty. You haven't made any point to come close to proving otherwise.

• ive always found it mildly amusing that anytime anyone disagrees with someone else, they dont know what they are talking about. because i feel mumia is innocent i dont know what im talking about is the thing thats argued. which is absurd. its such a cop out and straw man idea. i have no problem discussing the case(s), but i do think its rather childish to suggest that because someone disagrees with you, that they dont know what they are talking about, or that because im not from philly i dont know what im talking about. so, all you philly folks, you never argue and debate issues that happen outside the state? certainly this case, a seattle girl, and a perugian murder, are nowhere near philly, so im not sure what your argument is about really.

i also think its laughable the argument is that mumia has to PROVE his innocence. Anyone who's studied the case at all, and read beyond the FOP and Faulkner camps, knows the case has differing opinions. I dont think you get the support of Amnesty, Tutu, the dalai lama and the pope without something being a little questionable.

The Move bombing is key, because it shows the mindset of the philly police. Whether its a black mayor or rizzo or whoever, the city of philly, its infrastructure, its police and politicians thought it ok, to bomb and kill women and children, in an american town no less. Trample pregnant women etc... Are you really trying to suggest to me, the type of people who would ok and execute such a horrendous thing, would not also frame and want to kill and railroad an innocent black man, who conveniently for them was a radical.

What about Mumia warrants him being followed and harassed and marked by the FBI from age 13 on? How is that justifiable?

mumia was and is, in their eyes a threat. the gov't, viewed the panthers as a terrorist organization, which is laughable if you have any knowledge at all about the Panthers.

There is no justification at all for the outright slaughter of MOVE by phillies govt and their is no justification for Mumia's imprisonment.

The incident itself is murky. He sees his own brother being savagely beaten by Philly's finest pigs. I believe the guys innocent, but what would you do in that situation. A family member is being savaged by a cop, who has a gun,

i also find it interesting you arent arguing about peltier. so the wm3 were framed. you have countless individuals in the last 10 to 15 years proven to have been railroaded and have been exonerated via DNA, you have a justice system that you'd have to be a complete idiot to not believe its racist and classist, you have someone like peltier who fbi agents admitted was framed and innocent, you have a gov't, federal government that treats people like malcolm x and mlk as terrorists to be in their words "neutralized",

i'd shudder to be siding with the FOP, with the philly govt, or with the feds on this one.
  • Just, wow. Nobody ever said Philly police never did anything bad, or that Rizzo was an angel. Actually, if you had a clue, you'd know the MOVE bomb was ordered by Wilson Goode, a black mayor. Just keep talking about things you don't understand.

All anyone is saying is... Mumia is guilty. You haven't made any point to come close to proving otherwise.

so your suggesting that 5 years before the move bombing happened, a clear thinking, fair, non racist and non classist, philly gov't, thoughtfully and fairly tried mumia, carefully weighing the evidence, race and the black panthers never figuring into it at all.

then somehow, 5 years later, the gov't is overrun by racist people, (i dont care if its a black mayor, it was more than him who signed off on the order to bomb Move), who 5 years before, were clearheaded, tolerant, antiracists, but suddenly in 1985, they become

im not buying it. the mindset of the philly gov't and pigs was the same all throughout.

the type of people who bomb women and children in an american city, and deem that acceptable and right, would be the same type of people, who would frame and unjustly convict a black man who also "happened" to be a noted radical member of the Panthers.

are you honestly arguing otherwise? you really sticking up for a bunch of racist pigs and currupt gov't officials? re you really that guy? Seriously?
  • furthermore, when is it okay, and acceptable to EVER have the FBI monitor a 13 year old black kid from philly who has no violent or criminal history?
  • Bottom line: Mumia is a killer. It was proven in a court of law. At this point, yes, he has to prove his innocence. Unfortunately for him the evidence is overwhelming.

I know Philly's govt, and many residents of all colors, are racist. I did grow up here you know. That doesn't mean it's ok to kill. MOVE has nothing to do with this. It's a totally separate issue. It clearly was not handled well.

Sorry I don't know who Peltier is. And I have no idea if Knox is guilty or not. Except it seems the evidence is shaky. The evidence on Mumia is far from shaky.

musicismylife78 - if you want to present actual factual evidence of Mumia's innocence please feel free to do so. the fact that the city of philadelphia has had racists cops, etc. and mumia was part of a radical group that was being watched is not evidence that a murder was not committed by him. you can go back and forth for weeks with rhetoric all you want. the ed asner's of the world have already done that. Rhetoric doesn't eliminate the FACTS of the case.
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    How long before vivid offer her a porn deal or she ends up in playboy or something?
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • How long before vivid offer her a porn deal or she ends up in playboy or something?
    i'd watch that.
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,558
    who still calls cops "pigs?" musicismylife--what are you 15? :lol:

those "pigs" risk their life for people like you. they're not all corrupt.

and when you go on a rant about Move and insinuate it took place because the police and mayor etc are a bunch of racists yet fail to realize that the mayor is an african american, you kind of lose all of your credibility. plus it had nothing to do with mumia being guilty or not.

anywho--i'm all for biel playing knox in the movie :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • BronyBrony Posts: 631
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    I think Jessica Biel will be great as here in the movie that is undoubtedly going to be made :roll:

tv movie was already made......i think it starred the girl from Remember the Titans
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Brony wrote:
    CROJAM95 wrote:

tv movie was already made......i think it starred the girl from Remember the Titans

Is that the same girl from Heroes?? It was the Hayden Penettiere or whatever her name is.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"