Options

NOT FLIPPING! BUT......White Vinyl BS trade?

edited October 2011 in Lost Dogs
NOT FLIPPING! I have a good vinyl collection and really wanted the white LP of BS, HOWEVER, I also want to get the Ames Alpine Print PJ20 that I missed Saturday. Did all my shopping Sunday. Party'd to hard Saturday.

Any extra Ames Alpine prints out there that are looking for the white BS LP? Just ask'n :roll:

GO BADGERS TODAY! Beat Nebraska!!!!!!! Live from Madison, WI. Gunna be a great game!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    people here do not understand the definition of flipping so you will get crucified for this.......I think its a great trade.....good luck in your search
  • Options
    CP218430CP218430 Posts: 1,891
    Those Badgers better win. We can't have Nebraska coming in and winning The Big Ten in their first year.
    98: St. Louis. 2000: Alpine. 2003: Chicago. 2006: Chicago Night 2, Milwaukee Night 1. 2007: Chicago (Lolla). 2009: Chicago 1 & 2. 2011: Alpine 1 & 2. 2013: Chicago & LA Night 1. 2016: Chicago 1 & 2. 2018: Chicago 1 & 2. 

"Let the Ocean dissolve away my past."
  • Options
    SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    NOT FLIPPING! I have a good vinyl collection and really wanted the white LP of BS, HOWEVER, I also want to get the Ames Alpine Print PJ20 that I missed Saturday. Did all my shopping Sunday. Party'd to hard Saturday.

Any extra Ames Alpine prints out there that are looking for the white BS LP? Just ask'n :roll:

GO BADGERS TODAY! Beat Nebraska!!!!!!! Live from Madison, WI. Gunna be a great game!

Badgers -10 though is scary :?
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    Sawyer wrote:
    people here do not understand the definition of flipping so you will get crucified for this.......I think its a great trade.....good luck in your search

Please educate us on the definition of flipping...
  • Options
    starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,908
    buying to trade, although not profitable, is still acquiring something for $x and receiving something for >$X in return... is it not?
    Ithaca, NY-11/6/91 SPAC, NY-8/4/92 Rochester, NY-4/7/94 Toronto-9/21/96 Buffalo, NY-10/1/96 Barrie, ONT-8/20/98 Pittsburgh, PA- 8/25/98 Jones Beach, NY-8/23/00 Jones Beach, NY-8/24/00 Jones Beach, NY-8/25/00 SPAC, NY-8/27/00 Buffalo, NY-5/2/03 MSG-7/8/03 MSG -7/9/03 Hamilton, ONT-9/13/05 Albany, NY-5/12/06 Cleveland, OH-5/20/06 Camden, NJ-5/27/06 East Ruth, NJ-6/3/06 Chicago, IL-8/5/07 Bonnaroo-6/14/08 MSG-6/24/08 MSG-7/25/08 Mansfield, MA-7/30/08 Chicago, IL-8/23/09 Philly, PA-10/30/09 Philly, PA-10/31/09 Buffalo, NY 5/10/10 MSG 1&2 5/20-21/10
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,647
    buying to trade, although not profitable, is still acquiring something for $x and receiving something for >$X in return... is it not?

bingo. simple, to the point, I couldn't have stated it better with a long rant. :thumbup:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    shep wrote:

bingo. simple, to the point, I couldn't have stated it better with a long rant. :thumbup:

but the >$x used to also be = $x. and the recently purchased $x = >$x the minute it sells out.

its a cycle. and the only way to get around it by your theory is to treat everything as face value - the original purchased value. so the benny vinyl should always be $35. if you dont agree with this, then define it. what's your grace period that it becomes acceptable to trade/sell. when does $x become >$x? are the pj20 alpine posters still $30? how about the emek edmonton? or how about the backpack? or the PJ bridge poster signed by Ed, should that still be $60? when in your book will it become acceptable to trade/move these items for over face value?

you will never know intent - why someone purchased something. circumstances change, so even if the intent was there, it may not be a week later. so put a timetable on it when you feel like its acceptable to move an item (selling or trading) without scrutiny from the lynch mob here.
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    shep wrote:

At least in this case the costs are almost identical. PJ20 poster is $30... BS vinyl is $32.50 shipped.. both are worth more since the actual sale, but are almost even.

For some reason this seems a lot more kosher to me than buying a PJ20 poster and trying to trade for $150 worth of stuff or a backpack and trying to trade for even more, but at the end of the day its really hard to get a clean/cut definition of flipping that everyone agrees with. :)
  • Options
    FrankBauer wrote:
    shep wrote:

but the >$x used to also be = $x. and the recently purchased $x = >$x the minute it sells out.

its a cycle. and the only way to get around it by your theory is to treat everything as face value - the original purchased value. so the benny vinyl should always be $35. if you dont agree with this, then define it. what's your grace period that it becomes acceptable to trade/sell. when does $x become >$x? are the pj20 alpine posters still $30? how about the emek edmonton? or how about the backpack? or the PJ bridge poster signed by Ed, should that still be $60? when in your book will it become acceptable to trade/move these items for over face value?

you will never know intent - why someone purchased something. circumstances change, so even if the intent was there, it may not be a week later. so put a timetable on it when you feel like its acceptable to move an item (selling or trading) without scrutiny from the lynch mob here.

Agreed.

The issue in debate here is a moral grey area. Since you can never really know what a person's original intent was when they purchased something (usually), this debate can rage on over this with no real answer.

As for the value of items... well again, that's another raging debate. I really wish they would stay at the value we originally purchased them at... then I might actually get to use my PJ20 backpack. I bought it to use, but in looking at what people are making them worth, I feel bad to take it out and use it in fear that it may get beat up... Yet, no part of me wants to sell it... So it's probably going to sit in the closet unused for a long while until I come to terms that it's really only a bag.... I mean this is just the nature of "limited edition" collectables...

No one is right or wrong here and both points of view are valid. I am only stating where I stand on the issue, and I understand the opposite viewpoint as well.

My issue with buying for trade bait is that:

(1) it makes it much more difficult for people who want said item for personal use to actually obtain it without possibly having to part with other things they also treasure
    (2) it artificially increases the market value of the goods immediately based on what it is traded for.
    drsluggo wrote:
    shep wrote:

At least in this case the costs are almost identical. PJ20 poster is $30... BS vinyl is $32.50 shipped.. both are worth more since the actual sale, but are almost even.

For some reason this seems a lot more kosher to me than buying a PJ20 poster and trying to trade for $150 worth of stuff or a backpack and trying to trade for even more, but at the end of the day its really hard to get a clean/cut definition of flipping that everyone agrees with. :)

I also agree with you. the trade being proposed here is definitely one I would consider to be fair based on the newness of the items and their original value... however, this is just my opinion. Someone else may not be in agreement with this... As it goes, "Opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one". Unfortunately there is no "trading review panel" to look at every trade, evaluate the circumstances, and determine if it is fair..... although it definitely is a funny concept... I want Dimi to sit on that panel. :lol:

And whose to say that maybe, just maybe, if the guy that bought 6 posters at PJ20 (1 for himself and 5 for "trade bait") had bought only 1, this person may have got their poster at PJ20, and then wouldn't have bought the BS white vinyl to use as a bartering chip, and the person who trades with him could have had it? Saving everyone about $10/each worth of shipping and putting the USPS further into bankruptcy... 8-)
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,908
    but also... if you don't want the item... don't buy it. leave it for others who are interested in it.
    Ithaca, NY-11/6/91 SPAC, NY-8/4/92 Rochester, NY-4/7/94 Toronto-9/21/96 Buffalo, NY-10/1/96 Barrie, ONT-8/20/98 Pittsburgh, PA- 8/25/98 Jones Beach, NY-8/23/00 Jones Beach, NY-8/24/00 Jones Beach, NY-8/25/00 SPAC, NY-8/27/00 Buffalo, NY-5/2/03 MSG-7/8/03 MSG -7/9/03 Hamilton, ONT-9/13/05 Albany, NY-5/12/06 Cleveland, OH-5/20/06 Camden, NJ-5/27/06 East Ruth, NJ-6/3/06 Chicago, IL-8/5/07 Bonnaroo-6/14/08 MSG-6/24/08 MSG-7/25/08 Mansfield, MA-7/30/08 Chicago, IL-8/23/09 Philly, PA-10/30/09 Philly, PA-10/31/09 Buffalo, NY 5/10/10 MSG 1&2 5/20-21/10
  • Options
    but also... if you don't want the item... don't buy it. leave it for others who are interested in it.

+1
  • Options
    shep wrote:

I also agree with you. the trade being proposed here is definitely one I would consider to be fair based on the newness of the items and their original value... however, this is just my opinion. Someone else may not be in agreement with this... As it goes, "Opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one". Unfortunately there is no "trading review panel" to look at every trade, evaluate the circumstances, and determine if it is fair..... although it definitely is a funny concept... I want Dimi to sit on that panel. :lol:
    Man I want a trading review panel now... corruption would reign high among panel-members and chaos would be rampant (and fun!). :)

You're right though... its a vicious cycle when people start trying to hoard products to trade. At PJ20 I could have bought 50 posters had I wanted to both days since I went in earlier than most, and I bought one each day (and had to rebuy on the 2nd because the first got wet on accident when I went to roll it up and was ruined down the middle)... but I could have and traded like crazy to get a ton of cool stuff. I just didn't feel right doing it when so many were running around looking for them.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,149
    drsluggo wrote:
    shep wrote:

Man I want a trading review panel now... corruption would reign high among panel-members and chaos would be rampant (and fun!). :)

You're right though... its a vicious cycle when people start trying to hoard products to trade. At PJ20 I could have bought 50 posters had I wanted to both days since I went in earlier than most, and I bought one each day (and had to rebuy on the 2nd because the first got wet on accident when I went to roll it up and was ruined down the middle)... but I could have and traded like crazy to get a ton of cool stuff. I just didn't feel right doing it when so many were running around looking for them.
    agree with both..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Subject: NOT FLIPPING! BUT......White Vinyl BS trade?
    PJ-Cubs wrote:

+1

"want" changes as easily as the intent around here.

you've never offered up a print you purchased for trade down the line? or you've never purchased or somehow accumulated two of one thing? i'm not even sure i know what exactly happened, but didnt you buy a print during the presale and not sell it to hoff? or agreed to sell it only to change your mind later?

think you'll see its not so easy to define want around here. you may want something one day, next day comes along and you realize you dont. consumerism at its finest.

and pj-cubs, you said you are ok with people buying something, seeing it and then deciding they dont want it. so, how many actually know what they want without seeing it in person? or they do want it, but they want something more. so they will put it up for trade/sale to obtain something they want more?
    PJ-Cubs wrote:
    I have no issue with people buying items, receiving them from 10C, deciding that they don't like or want the item and then trading it.
  • Options
    FrankBauer wrote:
    Subject: NOT FLIPPING! BUT......White Vinyl BS trade?
    PJ-Cubs wrote:

+1

"want" changes as easily as the intent around here.

you've never offered up a print you purchased for trade down the line? or you've never purchased or somehow accumulated two of one thing? i'm not even sure i know what exactly happened, but didnt you buy a print during the presale and not sell it to hoff? or agreed to sell it only to change your mind later?

think you'll see its not so easy to define want around here. you may want something one day, next day comes along and you realize you dont. consumerism at its finest.

and pj-cubs, you said you are ok with people buying something, seeing it and then deciding they dont want it. so, how many actually know what they want without seeing it in person? or they do want it, but they want something more. so they will put it up for trade/sale to obtain something they want more?
    PJ-Cubs wrote:
    I have no issue with people buying items, receiving them from 10C, deciding that they don't like or want the item and then trading it.

I have no issue with people buying something and then selling or trading it down the road if they decide they don't like it or if circumstances change (they need cash, etc). Its when people buy something and IMMEDIATELY offer to trade or sell it that bother me. There were backpacks and White Backspacers up for trade less than a day after 10C had sold them The items hadn't even shipped yet.
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    edited October 2011
    I have No Problem with the Trading!Makes people happy.
    It's the Backpacks on Ebay for 300 with 4 days left that is the problem!
    I think these "Buisnessmen" should be Bannished from 10C. :twisted:
    Would'nt be hard to find out who is responsible.
    They must be REAL FANS right...joke... go get a real Job!
    I had a pack on my screen let it go cause I have a bag.PAY IT FORWARD people. :) KARMA
    They knew they were not going to keep it.Still in plastic
    And yes I do have a W/BS.
    Post edited by RobbyD462 on
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    Been a long time since I have been bashed around here, so I am going to throw in my two cents and then let you all drag me through the coals...

Although I am pretty much out of the collecting game these days for reasons known by most.....

I see it a little bit differently..AS A COLLECTOR...when I was playing the game.....I still dont see a problem with any of what I have read, and while I see both sides of the argument, I still think I side here:

Backpack goes on sale in the middle of the night/day and I miss out on it....sucks for me....I make a couple of inquiries to friends that I think may have got an extra...NO LUCK....I then happen to be on line when the white backspacer goes on sale...I absentmindedly snatch one(more than likely 2) up for the sole purpose of trading it for the backpack....I guess in most peoples eyes, I am now the devil/flipper..But I have achieved my goal, and have filled a hole in my collection....I dont care if it is 2 days or 2 years down the road...If I have something that I WANT....and someone else is willing to trade me for something they WANT, regardless of the time frame or value, and both parties are ok with it....I guess I have no problem with that, and I do not consider it flipping...

To me, it is no different than the people who missed out on it posting a thread that says something like...HAVE LOST DOGS VINYL WILL TRADE FOR BACKPACK....I dont see many people being pissed at those people who are looking for something?? I only see the anger come out when the person who got the backpack, makes a post for the exact opposite...HAVE AN EXTRA BACKPACK...LOOKING FOR LOST DOG VINYL....This person would be dragged behind a truck around here and we all know it...

We are a hypocritical group at best....It just depends on when and where we are at the time as to how severe the beating will be.....While I have the UTMOST respect for the views of folks like dimi, pj-cubs, shep, drsluggo, frank bauer and many many others, and consider them all friends, I would not hesitate to do what I had to do to obtain something I needed for my collection, regardless of what people thought, because as I said, at the end of the day, if a person has something I want...and I have something they want....I dont see an issue...Do I feel bad for the folks who missed out? Certainly do...but I have missed out on my share of things over the years....But if it is something I want, I will figure out a way to get it....

Sorry, just how I feel about it....:-)
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    To me, it is no different than the people who missed out on it posting a thread that says something like...HAVE LOST DOGS VINYL WILL TRADE FOR BACKPACK....I dont see many people being pissed at those people who are looking for something?? I only see the anger come out when the person who got the backpack, makes a post for the exact opposite...HAVE AN EXTRA BACKPACK...LOOKING FOR LOST DOG VINYL....This person would be dragged behind a truck around here and we all know it...
    This is definitely true -- its a weird thing because most people only paid $30ish for the Lost Dogs vinyl if they bought it at release, ye to trade for a $65 backpack is fine (actually some thought it was crazy to offer LD vinyl for the backpack). Same with someone offering a Benaroya vinyl for something thats $500-$1000... if they paid $40 (I think it was $40) and are now asking for $800 worth of stuff it is OK on the boards. I guess the idea is that if you take some time you get away from the 'flipper window' :lol:
    We are a hypocritical group at best....It just depends on when and where we are at the time as to how severe the beating will be.....While I have the UTMOST respect for the views of folks like dimi, pj-cubs, shep, drsluggo, frank bauer and many many others, and consider them all friends, I would not hesitate to do what I had to do to obtain something I needed for my collection, regardless of what people thought, because as I said, at the end of the day, if a person has something I want...and I have something they want....I dont see an issue...Do I feel bad for the folks who missed out? Certainly do...but I have missed out on my share of things over the years....But if it is something I want, I will figure out a way to get it...
    This is true too... no arguments here. Everyone likes to talk a big game, but if they see something they want no one is getting in their way. I loved watching the merch lines at PJ as they were setting them up. Everyone was smiling and talking to each other and all that. The second the booths 'opened' the lines turned into a complete battlefield with everyone trying to criss-cross past the people they were laughing with minutes earlier. I'm not saying I'm above it either - there's no set rules and if you don't do it someone else will, right?

I will say this... my ONE complaint with people trying to trade things SO soon is when something sells out super fast and a lot of people are on the boards upset they missed out. The last thing they need to see are multiple threads about wanting to trade it for something else... its almost like salt on the wound. That actually has less to do with the 'flipper window' and more to do with just being a little more sensitive to those who missed out. The B/S vinyl I think almost everyone got one that wanted one (except the multiple order fiasco), so that didn't see so bad, but the backpack stuff just felt weird with the high # of trades for it immediately after the sellout.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,830
    pjtradeking, you make really great points and i totally agree with you (hope all is well!). I would do the same thing if there was an item I really wanted.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    my friend Scott...flipping isnt i do a trade for have at my collection an item..understand what you say..
    for sure someone needs the time is collector to get the item he wants ..in any way..
    is that ok i want the ethical way between the fans?
    someone looking to trade the white vinyl before 10c ship it for a poster of 96 worth 500???
    he can do it..
    but for sure i dont like his way,i will not do trades with him,i dont think him as a fan but as a flipper..
    thats the way i feel about it..we have so shit in the world..we can fuckin choose to do the good in this community for once....we can do different..we can..and i can proove it to you... ,with things YOU DID for the community...
    maybe its just me..see things this way..but at least at the end of the day
    i can still fuckin look myself at the mirror..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    my friend Scott...flipping isnt i do a trade for have at my collection an item..understand what you say..
    for sure someone needs the time is collector to get the item he wants ..in any way..
    someone looking to trade the white vinyl before 10c ship it for a poster of 96 worth 500???
    he can do it..
    but for sure i dont like his way,i will not do trades with him,i dont think him as a fan but as a flipper..
    thats the way i feel about it..we have so shit in the world..we can fuckin choose to do the good in this community for once....we can do different..we can..and i can proove it to you... ,with things YOU DID for the community...

I agree that there are a lot of great things that people do for each other on these boards. Lets hope that, not matter how limited the item is, that we never start helping each other out around here. There has been a lot of negative vibes around here (from myself included) in the last few weeks with all of the limited edition PJ merch (PJ20 posters, backpacks, White Backspacers).
  • Options
    he can do it..

Dimi....what is unethical about two people making and agreed upon trade where both parties are getting what they want out of it??. arent we doing good in the community if two parties get something that each of them want? I am not talking about going to ebay and making $ on the item, I am talking about a straight up trade....regardless of perceived value, the two people involved are both getting what they want, right? There will ALWAYS be someone who missed out on something for whatever reason...Money...timing....amount available, etc......that is just the way life is...I guess I just dont see it as unethical to trade something whether new or old....

There are many things that go on here that would constitute good in this community..It happens everyday, and you and many others are a big part of that(hell, I have even done my share of good things, believe it or not)...I just dont see this as wrong...Again, it is about perception...What may be acceptable to me and many others, may not be to you and many others....But as I stated...If the two people involved are ok with it, why shouldnt everyone else be? Because they got left out? Because they didnt happen to be on line when the item was released? Because the site locked up when they hit the submit button? I mean, where is the line drawn and by whom? We are the judge, the jury and the executioners here, but sometimes, we are our own worst enemy in some cases....

I RESPECT you and most everyone here, but at the end of the day, I guess we agree to disagree here(and that is ok, it is what makes the world go round)...I can still look at myself in the mirror at the end of the day too...:-)

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    :)
    he can do it..

Dimi....what is unethical about two people making and agreed upon trade where both parties are getting what they want out of it??. arent we doing good in the community if two parties get something that each of them want? I am not talking about going to ebay and making $ on the item, I am talking about a straight up trade....regardless of perceived value, the two people involved are both getting what they want, right? There will ALWAYS be someone who missed out on something for whatever reason...Money...timing....amount available, etc......that is just the way life is...I guess I just dont see it as unethical to trade something whether new or old....

There are many things that go on here that would constitute good in this community..It happens everyday, and you and many others are a big part of that(hell, I have even done my share of good things, believe it or not)...I just dont see this as wrong...Again, it is about perception...What may be acceptable to me and many others, may not be to you and many others....But as I stated...If the two people involved are ok with it, why shouldnt everyone else be? Because they got left out? Because they didnt happen to be on line when the item was released? Because the site locked up when they hit the submit button? I mean, where is the line drawn and by whom? We are the judge, the jury and the executioners here, but sometimes, we are our own worst enemy in some cases....

I RESPECT you and most everyone here, but at the end of the day, I guess we agree to disagree here(and that is ok, it is what makes the world go round)...I can still look at myself in the mirror at the end of the day too...:-)
    buddy,,i m talking for the one open a thread and ask a poster of 500$ at the market and gives the white backspacer he just bought from 10c....if 2 parties wanna do the trade,is their business,not mine..we agree at this.. :)
  • Options
    :)
    he can do it..

buddy,,i m talking for the one open a thread and ask a poster of 500$ at the market and gives the white backspacer he just bought from 10c....if 2 parties wanna do the trade,is their business,not mine..we agree at this.. :)

But.....What if..and I am not trying to be an asshole here, just playing devils advocate....someone posted having a white backspacer just bought from the 10c for trade, not asking for anything in particluar in return, or maybe they are looking for a backpack...., and someone OFFERED up a 96 Dublin for it? Knowing full well what the perceived value of said poster is, even though they paid $10 for it back in the day?? Would this be acceptable?

• Options

But.....What if..and I am not trying to be an asshole here, just playing devils advocate....someone posted having a white backspacer just bought from the 10c for trade, not asking for anything in particluar in return, or maybe they are looking for a backpack...., and someone OFFERED up a 96 Dublin for it? Knowing full well what the perceived value of said poster is, even though they paid $10 for it back in the day?? Would this be acceptable?
    if there will be a crazy ..i mean crazy like nuts..to give that poster for this vinyl.....
    i give up...and ill pray for him to get well soon.. :lol:
  • Options

if there will be a crazy ..i mean crazy like nuts..to give that poster for this vinyl.....

;):lol:

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,691
    Very very well put Scott. Bravo.

Very much onside with you here.
    Been a long time since I have been bashed around here, so I am going to throw in my two cents and then let you all drag me through the coals...

Although I am pretty much out of the collecting game these days for reasons known by most.....

I see it a little bit differently..AS A COLLECTOR...when I was playing the game.....I still dont see a problem with any of what I have read, and while I see both sides of the argument, I still think I side here:

Backpack goes on sale in the middle of the night/day and I miss out on it....sucks for me....I make a couple of inquiries to friends that I think may have got an extra...NO LUCK....I then happen to be on line when the white backspacer goes on sale...I absentmindedly snatch one(more than likely 2) up for the sole purpose of trading it for the backpack....I guess in most peoples eyes, I am now the devil/flipper..But I have achieved my goal, and have filled a hole in my collection....I dont care if it is 2 days or 2 years down the road...If I have something that I WANT....and someone else is willing to trade me for something they WANT, regardless of the time frame or value, and both parties are ok with it....I guess I have no problem with that, and I do not consider it flipping...

We are a hypocritical group at best....It just depends on when and where we are at the time as to how severe the beating will be.....While I have the UTMOST respect for the views of folks like dimi, pj-cubs, shep, drsluggo, frank bauer and many many others, and consider them all friends, I would not hesitate to do what I had to do to obtain something I needed for my collection, regardless of what people thought, because as I said, at the end of the day, if a person has something I want...and I have something they want....I dont see an issue...Do I feel bad for the folks who missed out? Certainly do...but I have missed out on my share of things over the years....But if it is something I want, I will figure out a way to get it....

Sorry, just how I feel about it....:-)
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,691
    Another solid point FrankBauer
    FrankBauer wrote:
    shep wrote:

• Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,047
    copying and pasting my comments from another thread as it fits here. thanks

everyone here on both sides have valid points but from seeing in another thread where people should be reported for selling something that is their's to do with? That's a little rough isn't it? Who are we to report someone for selling something that is their's? I mean if I want to sell mine, raffle it off to charity, or serve my kids breakfast on it, its up to me and no one else. I bought it. If I want to run my car off a cliff, i can because its mine, I bought it.

This is different in my opinion than the backpack. For the white vinyl, it never said "Not for resale" etc. I believe anyway. Anyway, that's my 2 cents and I will sit back and enjoy watching the great points from both sides carry on!
  • Options

Dimi, please introduce me to this person... cause I have a BS white vinyl. :twisted:

Like I said, this debate can rage on with no real answer... I like scott and would trade with him if I needed to ( ;) ), but my opinion is definitely the opposite... I'm on the side where I'm thinking of trying to continue to build my collection without having to part with other items in my collection..... I guess my thing is that I don't intentionally buy doubles of anything so that I have trade items... and I don't intentionally buy things that I don't intend to keep.... but seeing the way the world works around here lately... I guess I should be...