• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Read the first 30 pages or so today....

Not a bad book so far
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    Read the first 30 pages or so today....

Not a bad book so far

I have this one waiting for me to read. Pearlman is a great writer. His books about the 86 Mets and the 90s Cowboys are classics.
    picked the book up from the library....just need to read it now.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    about a 1/3 of the way thru.

nothing all the ground breaking, but it is interesting to hear some of the old stories.

i did find it odd that Walter choose to live in Arlington Heights his rookie year when the Bears HQ were in Lake Forest and the games downtown. It's a bitch to get from this area to the Bears training center.

And from the not many will care, but i foudn it interesting....the New Orleans saints held training camp in Bowling Green Ohio one year.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    about a 1/3 of the way thru.

nothing all the ground breaking, but it is interesting to hear some of the old stories.

i did find it odd that Walter choose to live in Arlington Heights his rookie year when the Bears HQ were in Lake Forest and the games downtown. It's a bitch to get from this area to the Bears training center.

And from the not many will care, but i foudn it interesting....the New Orleans saints held training camp in Bowling Green Ohio one year.

It will get better...Pearlman's books are great. This one is next on my list.

That is a weird choice to live in AH when they practice in Lake Forest....but obviously Walter was a bit of a strange dude.
    you wanna know the real reason Speedy didn't want to read the book...

they day Walter set the all time rushing mark, the cubs lost game 5

:P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg