Options

Eddie Vedder - All The Way CD

2»

Comments

• Options
    I was running some errands and thought I'd look for the CD. I stopped at 6 Walgreens and nothing - including a couple not far from Wrigley. They all had a Cubs display (except the one on the South Side. Ha!), but no CD. Stopped at the Best Buy on Roosevelt and nothing.

My last stop, the Best Buy on Elston/Armitage had about 40 of them at $3.99 each. If I had the cash and time, I would have bought a dozen and sent them out to those outside Chicago who want them. There you have it. Good luck and don't take advantage of your fellow fan.

BTW, the info on the packaging states it was recorded at both Chicago shows. So perhaps it's a mix of both performances.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585

I don't see the 10 Club never offering this CD for cost here, but who knows

I agree with you, we might even get a 10C environmentally friendly digipack version.... who knows?
    I'm not overpaying one cent for this CD. :)
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    I agree with you, we might even get a 10C environmentally friendly digipack version.... who knows?
    I'm not overpaying one cent for this CD. :)
    maybe an added bonus with the X-Mas single? :)
    "I can't hear you, you're trailing off and did I catch a niner in there? Were you calling from a walkie-talkie?"

"No, it was cordless."
  • Options
    pjwhofan wrote:
    I was running some errands and thought I'd look for the CD. I stopped at 6 Walgreens and nothing - including a couple not far from Wrigley. They all had a Cubs display (except the one on the South Side. Ha!), but no CD. Stopped at the Best Buy on Roosevelt and nothing.

My last stop, the Best Buy on Elston/Armitage had about 40 of them at $3.99 each. If I had the cash and time, I would have bought a dozen and sent them out to those outside Chicago who want them. There you have it. Good luck and don't take advantage of your fellow fan.

BTW, the info on the packaging states it was recorded at both Chicago shows. So perhaps it's a mix of both performances.

Good luck!
    So, these are only sold in Chicago, I'm assuming? And.... Go Bears! :D
    "I can't hear you, you're trailing off and did I catch a niner in there? Were you calling from a walkie-talkie?"

"No, it was cordless."
  • Options
    Do you complain about fans who sell Pearl Jam posters for 3 - 5 times their original price?

1.) I do not have an endless supply of these CDs.
    2.) I am not selling the CD for $20.00. This was my OFFER price to you.
    3.) I've been offered $20 - $30 on average for this CD by Pearl Jam collectors.
    4.) CD was 4.99, with tax is $5.60.
    5.) Gas to and from the store is about $2.00.
    6.) Gas to the Post Office is about $2.00.
    7.) Price of packaging materials is about $1.00.
    8.) Cost to ship in the USA - $2.50
    9.) PayPal fees are about $2.00 to receive a payment.
    10.) Going out of my way to get this CD to people in other parts of the world - about $4.90.
    11.) I prefer to donate money to people who are homeless or poor.
    12.) I am not Walgreens.

My cousin lives in Chi-town and I had him grab me 3 of these. I gave 2 of them to a couple of Chicago Cubs fans I know and they fuckin flipped over the song. As for Mr. Greed Boy, how does it feel to be a slime ball? I'll sell them to the highest bidder. Whatever! (lol)
  • Options
    LiteTheMatchLiteTheMatch Posts: 1,179
    pdalowsky is from the UK, I believe, and they spell favor with the "u" in there, as well as favorite, color, just to name a few.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:SpNeo/Spelling_Guide#-our.2C_-or

Yes, I know, but "seperete" is actually spelled "separate". I think it's spelled that way in England too. Maybe I'm wrong.
    A child's rhyme stuck in my head...
    It said "Life is nothing but a dream."
    I've spent so many years in question
    To find I'd known this all along.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Do you complain about fans who sell Pearl Jam posters for 3 - 5 times their original price?

10.) Going out of my way to get this CD to people in other parts of the world - about $4.90.
    12.) I am not Walgreens.

that has to be the most ridiculous post i've seen here....and believe me i've seen some doozies...congrats! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I apologize to everybody who is upset.

I have one CD left. I will sell it for the retail price of $4.99 plus tax, which comes to a total of $5.49. I will sell to the first person to PM me. But you must send me a self-addressed stamped envelope & payment (money order, check, or cash).

I'm going to take a trip to the store later to see if there are more. If there are more, I will try to get at least 3. So the next 3 people to PM me will also have this opportunity, provided that I am able to find the CDs.

Have a nice day!

Peace
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    that has to be the most ridiculous post i've seen here....and believe me i've seen some doozies...congrats! :rolleyes:

Lol Thanks!
  • Options
    I wonder if we set a precedent for poster sales as well.

Nobody dare charge more than $35 plus shipping for any poster from now on!
  • Options
    I only had a couple, & I think the people who want the CD the most should get them.
    so theres a direct correlation between the people with the most money and the people most interested? :rolleyes:

and i agree with you that the same standard should apply to posters... but its much more apparent with something like this that costs $4
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    sgossard3 wrote:
    so theres a direct correlation between the people with the most money and the people most interested? :rolleyes:

and i agree with you that the same standard should apply to posters... but its much more apparent with something like this that costs $4

Not necessarily a direct correlation, but definitely a major influence!

Are you selling the CDs for $4.00?

I had to pay $5.50 for mine, but I'd much rather pay $4.00.

Peace
  • Options
    UmbertotambaUmbertotamba Posts: 1,382

12.) I am not Walgreens.

I choose not to pay 3 to 5 times for a new poster poster because that is astronmical mark up and I think those people are jackasses when they do it.

ok so 4cd's x $4 for gas is $16 for a trip you made to the store when you were already picking one up, ok maybe something for the trip to the post office but if it is taking $16 worth of gas to get there, price your cd's higher and get a more gas efficent car.

I guess I was wrong when I read the original post, it seemed like you were looking to help people not in that area, not profit excessively off them. If the "Pearl Jam Collectors" were offering $20-$30 then I would say they are idiots at this point.

I have no problem with paying a little more for something that someone picks up, Hell I was offering to prepay for a shirt from the last tour, to cover shipping as well and to pay for a few beers for whoever would pick it up.

Glad you changed your tune on that last one, but a little to late IMO
    Springfield MA 94, Hartford CT 96
  • Options
    Not necessarily a direct correlation, but definitely a major influence!

Are you selling the CDs for $4.00?

I had to pay $5.50 for mine, but I'd much rather pay $4.00.

Peace
    naw im not selling it at all... but i DID just find someone selling it for $6.50 with shipping... thanks anyway! :D
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    I will pay 5 or 6 bucks if someone could get me ones as well. Please PM me if you can help out.
  • Options
    NoelMichaelNoelMichael Posts: 1,630
    I will sell to the first person to PM me.

So the next 3 people to PM me will also have this opportunity

I PM'd you on Thursday and got no response whatsoever. It would've been nice if you took care of the first people to PM you as opposed to the next people days later
    9-28-96 Randall’s Island NY; 9-01-00 Camden NJ; 7-05-03 Camden NJ; 10-01-04 Reading PA; 10-03-05 Philly PA; 5-27-06 Camden NJ; 5-28-06 Camden NJ; 6-19-08 Camden NJ; 6-20-08 Camden NJ; 6-24-08 NYC NY; 8-7-08 EV Newark, NJ; 6-11-09 EV Philly PA; 6-12-09 EV Philly PA; 10-27-09 Philly PA; 10-28-09 Philly PA; 10-30-09 Philly PA; 10-31-09 Philly PA; 5-15-10 Hartford CT; 5-18-10 Newark NJ; 5-21-10 NYC NY; 6-21-11 EV NYC NY; 6-22-11 EV NYC NY; 6-25-11 EV Philly PA; 7-1-11 EV StL MS; 9-3-11 E Troy WI; 9-4-11 E Troy WI
  • Options
    I PM'd you on Thursday and got no response whatsoever. It would've been nice if you took care of the first people to PM you as opposed to the next people days later

I agree.

I PM'd him yesterday asking if he was going to sell it to me after I offered him $15 which was about the total cost of "the CD, packaging and shipping, Paypal fees, and gas money" and he never got back to me either. I just told him nevermind because I was no longer interested at that point.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,723
    Lol, please don't call me stupid if you don't even know how to spell.

I shouldn't respond to your ignorance, but I will anyway.

I was only able to get a couple of these CDs. So far I made two trips.

You don't know how far I drove to get these CDs, so mind your business.

If you're willing to pay the PayPal fees, cost of postage and shipping materials, please respond to me and I will sell the CDs for $4.99 plus tax. Unless you'd like to cover the tax as well.

God bless!

you are hilarious, just another idiot out to make a few bucks off this band....

nevermind....

I guess you got the reaction you were looking for...

But your ignorance is blinding....Did they not teach you 'English at school', or did you simply not bother going??
  • Options
    gfrasergfraser Posts: 686
    woops
    This post is © by gfraser
  • Options
    Turn that frown upside down!