Crown & 7... and drinking in general

2»

Comments

• dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Here's a college story that always gets some laughs (not my proudest moment as it involves drinking and driving which I've long since wised up about) but here goes:
    After a heavy night of boozing and bar hopping I get home around 2:30am to my one bedroom apt and am naturally starving. I order a pizza from a lil walk-up joint that's like 2 blocks from my house on the main drag through Gainesville (Univ Blvd). I drive up to the pizza joint, park my car at a meter, leave the ignition running to grab my pie. Well I ended up walking home, eating my pizza and waking up the next morning wondering where the fuck my car was. I retrace my steps and realize that I had driven to get my pizza and walked home. There it was, engine still running from 8 hours earlier, windows down and the stereo cranking...I hopped in and drove home like nothing happened

:lol::lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,842
    Dewars on the rocks.

I love gin, but I am not responsible for my actions after a few martinis or tonics.

That shit gets me banged up!
    Get_Right wrote:
    Dewars on the rocks.

I love gin, but I am not responsible for my actions after a few martinis or tonics.

That shit gets me banged up!

That's me and tequila (a lot of people also I guess).

Mexico was an interesting blur... :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I love how dc changed his post this morning after he got a clear head... :lol:

I decline to share drinking stories...I'll just say I will never go back to the Hard Rock in SanFran or the Denny's on Highway 99.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Here's a college story that always gets some laughs (not my proudest moment as it involves drinking and driving which I've long since wised up about) but here goes:
    After a heavy night of boozing and bar hopping I get home around 2:30am to my one bedroom apt and am naturally starving. I order a pizza from a lil walk-up joint that's like 2 blocks from my house on the main drag through Gainesville (Univ Blvd). I drive up to the pizza joint, park my car at a meter, leave the ignition running to grab my pie. Well I ended up walking home, eating my pizza and waking up the next morning wondering where the fuck my car was. I retrace my steps and realize that I had driven to get my pizza and walked home. There it was, engine still running from 8 hours earlier, windows down and the stereo cranking...I hopped in and drove home like nothing happened

That's freakin hilarious. It's amazing it wasn't stolen. Those gators must be some honest people!
    62698 E Troy, 81800 Indy, 42303 Champagne, 42503 Cleveland, 10204 Toledo, 10304 Grand Rapids, 91105 Kitchener, 51606 Chicago, 51706 Chicago, 62606 St. Paul, 8507 Chicago, 82109 Toronto, 82309 Chicago, 82409 Chicago, 5910 Cleveland, 9311 E Troy, 9411 E Troy, 91111 Toronto, 92112 Pensacola, 71913 Chicago, 101113 Pittsburgh, 101213 Buffalo UPCOMING: Cincy, Lincoln, Detroit, Moline, St Paul, Milwaukee
  • I'm pretty picky with my liquor nowadays...I stick to either beer (anything not fruit flavored) or Tennessee Whiskey, which pretty much limits me to Jack Daniels or George Dickel
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Here's a college story that always gets some laughs (not my proudest moment as it involves drinking and driving which I've long since wised up about) but here goes:

Now I see why you chose the board name you did. :lol:
  • dcfaithful wrote:
    and now I'm off to school. What a delicious cocktail.

:wave:

hmmmmm gotta try that

I'm always looking for different combos
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    dcfaithful wrote:
    and now I'm off to school. What a delicious cocktail.

:wave:

hmmmmm gotta try that

I'm always looking for different combos

It's really good. It allows you to still taste the whiskey but it's blended with the lemon lime and is just perfect. Not too much 7 though!
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL