Crown & 7... and drinking in general

dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
edited September 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
and now I'm off to school. What a delicious cocktail.

:wave:
7/2/06 - Denver, CO
6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    I like it with ginger ale. You try the crown black? It's smooth as he'll
  • I like it with ginger ale. You try the crown black? It's smooth as he'll
    I've taken a liking to Gin and Ginger ale. I don't know why I never thought about mixing these two until this summer. :problem:
    NERDS!
  • Whiskey and water. love it!
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    Stoli on the rocks, my pre PJ show drink= no pee breaks.
  • eddiec wrote:
    +1 to the hard liquor/no piss break strategy.. I employed this tactic for the PJ20 movie.. good call..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    eddiec wrote:
    +1 to the hard liquor/no piss break strategy.. I employed this tactic for the PJ20 movie.. good call..

I might have to adapt this strategy. Wise move!
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    I like it with ginger ale. You try the crown black? It's smooth as he'll

Haven't tried the Crown Black yet. I'll mark it up for my next purchase at the hooch store.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Bourbon straight or on the rocks....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • My regular drink is Seagrams VO on the rocks...it's really smooth, a cheaper version of Crown in my opinion. When I splurge, I go for Maker's
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    dcfaithful wrote:
    eddiec wrote:

I might have to adapt this strategy. Wise move!

Flask of Jameson is how I roll. Not a single pee break through Alpine Valley, PJ20 and Canada. That little nugget of whiskey filled stainless steel works wonders.
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    i LOVE 7&7's

gets me nice and fucked up! :P
    norm wrote:
    i LOVE 7&7's

I'll be sure to remember that for bridge school. I think I would like to see a "nice and fucked up" norm. I think the rest of the board would like it too so I'll be sure to bring my camera.

• RYEzupSF wrote:
    norm wrote:
    i LOVE 7&7's

I'll be sure to remember that for bridge school. I think I would like to see a "nice and fucked up" norm. I think the rest of the board would like it too so I'll be sure to bring my camera.
    I will have mine!!! I cannot fucking wait!!!
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    Jameson.
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    norm wrote:
    i LOVE 7&7's

I will have mine!!! I cannot fucking wait!!!

Too bad Steve Winwood isn't on the lineup. Or Jimmy Buffet. That will really get Norm going. 8-)

• PJ88PJ88 Posts: 1,074
    eddiec wrote:

Stoli on the rocks is wonderful. Glad to see others enjoy this too!
    My regular drink is Seagrams VO on the rocks...it's really smooth, a cheaper version of Crown in my opinion. When I splurge, I go for Maker's

Man, I love me some Maker's Mark. I got offered a free bottle of Crown, and honestly, who turns that down?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • 81 wrote:
    Hell yes
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    back when i was out of control most of the time, i enjoyed 7 & 7s.
    never really got into crown royal due to it's price.
    had it a few times...whatever

used to just slam 7 & 7s
    a 5th at a time usually
    then go lookin for trouble or a hole to crash in

i'll never forget my time on the gambling boat
    it was after dad had died and it was on like donkey kong
    made about 600 bucks drunk as shit then slept in my car
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    crown and ginger..got a wedding tomorrow..so it will be crown and ginger all night...make it a double barkeep!!!
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
    81 wrote:
    Hell yes

we missed you at the alpine tailgate.

had some evan williams single barrel (barrel 420 to be exact) :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Hell yes

we missed you at the alpine tailgate.

had some evan williams single barrel (barrel 420 to be exact) :P
    :(
    GoiMTvP.gif
    chadwick wrote:
    back when i was out of control most of the time, i enjoyed 7 & 7s.
    never really got into crown royal due to it's price.
    had it a few times...whatever

Agreed on the 7 & 7, and Crown's pricetag. In all reality, I shouldn't really be mixing this Crown. I have been shooting it, but mixing just taste perfect. Thankfully it was a give-away bottle.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    Changed the thread title in hopes of keeping this going. We can make this fun. Share some wild drinking stories or something. 8-)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    I love me some Captain & Coke...in Vegas it's nothing but 7 & 7's. And when I'm really feeling nutty I go with Knob Creek. Jameson used to have my heart but I just can't handle it anymore, I think I'm getting too old :cry:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Share some wild drinking stories or something. 8-)

I think I can write a book about all my crazy drinking nights (99% of them occurred in Wisconsin and I'm officially convinced that they can out-drink anyone on the planet!)
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    hmm..

i think my worst night was over christmas vacation in college.

me and a room mate went to a friends apt (couple of gals)

drank a shit ton of yukon jack and something else and smoked up a little.

somehow we all ended up in the tub...

than we drank some more

than we were all just hammered...i was sitting on the couch and the one girl was in the kitchen...i told her to bring a bag....like now....she said just a second...i said now.... :lol:

i passed out shortly after.

woke up the next morning with black shit on my hand. took 5 minutes for the ol noggin to process what it was and where it came from

haven't had yukon jack since. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Changed the thread title in hopes of keeping this going. We can make this fun. Share some wild drinking stories or something. 8-)

the night at the casio with my slot machine, $1,200.00 in pocket, belly fulla booze, and the tiny homosexual waiter that i loved. (not that kinda love, more like appreaciated)

found this machine i liked. played it before. sat there in the dark in my corner. playin 2 or 3 bucks at a time. a frail little man approaches me, he the waiter. i tell him my rules. he tells me his.

i say to the little gentleman, "Sir, i need a 7 & 7." he returns with a tiny cup. i slam it and say to him,
    "Sir, bring me two or more at a time, you will be tipped very nicely for being so badass."

he tells me, "it's against the law for me to serve you more than one drink at a time, Sir."
    wtf... :evil:

so i tell him, "bring me 7&7s back to back as often as you can, when you see i am empty please be so kind and refill me, you will be paid/tipped well"

that fucker was on it like the princess he is. i aint kiddin ya ibet he made a small fortune off of me.

he was great and so small/thin he was like paper. very girly acting and made me smile/laugh. we laughed with each other actually. he was the best waiter i have ever saw. dude got me smoked.

i never changed machines, was down about 1 grand @ some point. then the machine went crazy. it quit working and shut off. i was so drunk i thought it was broken. turns out i won a decent pile of jingle. i made about 6 or 7 hundred bucks. then slept in my car until sober.

the end.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • So many drinking stories. This is one of my favorites...

I think I was a junior in college and we were visiting some friends at the University of Iowa. We decided to do a "case race" w/ 8 of us. Pretty simple...2 man teams, whoever finishes their case of beer first, wins. Went out to the bars all night...needless to say, the night is pretty damn blurry. I wake up in a bunch of bushes at 6 am w/ scratches all over my arms/face. Apparently I disappeared from the bar and didn't make it back to my friends apartment. My friends all assumed I just went home w/ a girl and weren't too concerned. It was quite a walk of shame at 6 am w/ scratches all over my body. Man do I miss college.
  • Here's a college story that always gets some laughs (not my proudest moment as it involves drinking and driving which I've long since wised up about) but here goes:
    After a heavy night of boozing and bar hopping I get home around 2:30am to my one bedroom apt and am naturally starving. I order a pizza from a lil walk-up joint that's like 2 blocks from my house on the main drag through Gainesville (Univ Blvd). I drive up to the pizza joint, park my car at a meter, leave the ignition running to grab my pie. Well I ended up walking home, eating my pizza and waking up the next morning wondering where the fuck my car was. I retrace my steps and realize that I had driven to get my pizza and walked home. There it was, engine still running from 8 hours earlier, windows down and the stereo cranking...I hopped in and drove home like nothing happened
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • I like it with ginger ale. You try the crown black? It's smooth as he'll
    I've taken a liking to Gin and Ginger ale. I don't know why I never thought about mixing these two until this summer. :problem:

:thumbup:
    I used to hate gin but I freakin love it now. With tonic or ginger ale.
    62698 E Troy, 81800 Indy, 42303 Champagne, 42503 Cleveland, 10204 Toledo, 10304 Grand Rapids, 91105 Kitchener, 51606 Chicago, 51706 Chicago, 62606 St. Paul, 8507 Chicago, 82109 Toronto, 82309 Chicago, 82409 Chicago, 5910 Cleveland, 9311 E Troy, 9411 E Troy, 91111 Toronto, 92112 Pensacola, 71913 Chicago, 101113 Pittsburgh, 101213 Buffalo UPCOMING: Cincy, Lincoln, Detroit, Moline, St Paul, Milwaukee