Unsexy things to spend your money on

124»

Comments

• of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    Claireack wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    check this...

spent my last dime on gas to get mom to her hospital appointments many miles away. parking ramp costs money. they do give out reduced rates to those unable to pay the full amount.

so i roll up to the lady in the parking ticket booth exiting location, hand her the ticket with parking coupon we acquired from one of the five clinics mom visited today. i tell her i can't even pay the reduced rate, zero funds, spent all my money on gas and our picnic lunch.

she asks for my driver's license goes behind my car, reads my plates, fills out a form and hands me my license back with the form i amto mail in.

this place is charging me a service charge of $2.50 for a grand total of $12.50

:evil:
    kick a fucker when they're down ya cocksuckers

i aint frickin thrilled let me tell ya what

That's shit!

WOW!! Total shit is right! Can't you validate your parking pass at the hospital or drs you went to and then they waive the fees? That's how it's done here. As long as you have a validated ticket you pay nothing. Otherwise it's $15 for a day. :o
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    JaneNY wrote:

Mr. Window estimate never made it yesterday :evil: but came here at the crack of dawn to measure, so all good. He did all the repairs to our home after the tree fell on it last June, he was the only one to consistently show up, give a good estimate, stuck to his price and did good work. It's sad the dance one must do to get good work. Here's to hoping to a good estimate so we can afford to replace all the windows in the house except in the living room...bigger plans in there down the road.

Windows for us too, to the tune of $2100, but it hasn't gone nearly as smoothly as yours. We're in the midst of a big Lowes mess. They seem to be just interested in getting the contract, but not so interested in the service, and we're pretty disgusted right now...

ahhhhhh...how i WISH for a $2100 window bill.
    more like $3500, installed, for the dreamer household...and that's not even all the windows in our house! :?
    we had 5 replaced last summer after the tree fell on our house...and we are now planning on also putting new windows in our LR, which will be 6 more. yikes. this bill is for 13 windows, 6 of which are basement....however the 7 upstairs are big, and also getting all the outdoor window trim with aluminum capping....and the basement windows are all rotted (original to our 1922 house!) so getting all the wood replaced. sigh.

i can only wonder and fear how much the LR windows will be...b/c we want bigger windows....so more work!
    already priced window treatments too, want half window shutters as we have in the rest of our house.....will add another $400. :shock: tho, if we can swing the LR windows/shutters.....having a whole new look, and more light, in there....kinda sexy. ;)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• supadupasupadupa Posts: 377
    Everything I spend my money on is unsexy. Today's most unsexy purchase was a bag of kitty litter that was so huge and heavy I honestly thought I wouldn't have the strength to carry it from my car to my apartment.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    supadupa wrote:
    Everything I spend my money on is unsexy. Today's most unsexy purchase was a bag of kitty litter that was so huge and heavy I honestly thought I wouldn't have the strength to carry it from my car to my apartment.
    keep bag in car. refill at the curb. carry smaller amount back into apartment. make huge mess in car with cat litter.

the end.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    supadupa wrote:

ouch.
    cmon, you never buy a bottle of wine? sexy.
    pearl jam tickets? very sexy!
    new nail polish color? sexy.
    new bra? etc, etc.

sadly, often in life...especially lately, lots and lots of very unsexy purchases..... :?
    tho the occasional sexy purchase - like the vs/vitalogy boxed set :mrgreen: do make up for the unsexy ones. most of the time. ;)

we spent roughly $179 at the grocery store the other day, and nary a sexy item in sight.
    *sigh*
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Stupid BOA checking account fees :twisted:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Vodka for the woman. :roll:

The Devil's Drink.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    RKCNDY wrote:

dump em...and get a credit union.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    hungry man frozen dinners
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

dump em...and get a credit union.

I was going to... I have to wait for 10c to charge my card before I dump them.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • JH10467JH10467 Posts: 35
    Does the new Shatner album count as sexy or unsexy? Either way it will be mine...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKo4FMzt_hM
  • supadupasupadupa Posts: 377
    supadupa wrote:

ouch.
    cmon, you never buy a bottle of wine? sexy.
    pearl jam tickets? very sexy!
    new nail polish color? sexy.
    new bra? etc, etc.

sadly, often in life...especially lately, lots and lots of very unsexy purchases..... :?
    tho the occasional sexy purchase - like the vs/vitalogy boxed set :mrgreen: do make up for the unsexy ones. most of the time. ;)

we spent roughly $179 at the grocery store the other day, and nary a sexy item in sight.
    *sigh*

Well, I am going out tonight to spend money getting drunk and singing karaoke. That might be sexy for some people, but I can assure you that there is nothing sexy about me drunk and singing.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    gluten free food :x
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    norm wrote:
    gluten free food :x
    :shock: not good.

Me...2 weekends ago a new washer - $450; today a new transmission for truck : over $1,500......AHHHHHH!!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,941
    holiday sweaters from th e80's.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    holiday sweaters from th e80's.

i don't know about that

http://fuckyeahuglysweaters.tumblr.com/
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,316
    Wall spackle. Not many things are as unsexy as wall spackle.
    PJ-Cubs wrote:
    Wall spackle. Not many things are as unsexy as wall spackle.

depends on how you use it :shock:
  • nyquil and dayquil.
    :x :? :(

happy to report, the unsexy purchase that prompted this thread, done and a big success!
    in fact, going for yet another, related unsexy purchase, and going for the bigger windows in the LR now after all...so will finally have all new windows in our almost 90 year old house. :shock: :o:mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...