Unsexy things to spend your money on

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,941
    no longer on the agenda, but i recently bought a lawn mower. and new tires.

instead of PJ20.

instead of.
    did you hear me? instead of.
    I would have gotten 10th row lottery seats stones side had I went.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Oh and selling shit on craigslist sucks too. People email, call, never show up to purchase. :evil: :x :evil:
    That's why I'd rather sell on ebay. You never deal with anyone face to face.
    I can't believe some of the crap I've unloaded on ebay.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    mfc2006 wrote:
    we just dropped a good amount of money on 4 new tires for my car + 2 for my wife's car. ugh.

Tires! The worst!!
    Right now on the list are brake rotors for my car. I've put off buying them because I don't want to spend a weekend day putting the fuckers on.

Yeah, that'll take a little bit of your time on a weekend, but if you start early you should be able to salvage some of your weekend day.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Most of our purchases are unsexy...

Right now on the list are brake rotors for my car. I've put off buying them because I don't want to spend a weekend day putting the fuckers on.

just rotors? or pads as well? either way, i can knock at a set of pads and rotors in a couple of hours, because i am slow.

just rotors...45 minutes.

bring it on over with a case of good beer and i'll do em...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    mickeyrat wrote:

instead of PJ20.

instead of.

:wave:

and bacon wrapped pigeon...don't forget that.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    81 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

instead of PJ20.

instead of.

:wave:

and bacon wrapped pigeon...don't forget that.

Pffft that.

Fuck pancakes. Oh, wait, there weren't any pancakes, fuck or otherwise.

&^%$# Speedy!

Here's another unsexy thing I bought recently: A bag of little blue thingies that I throw down the toilet of my camping trailer to make sure the black tank doesn't get too stinky.

Although, of course, my excrement smells like flowers.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)

Don't tell me, you "fluff" too? :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:

"Fluff?"

I think I'm about to learn something new.

:?

Please advise.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    dcfaithful wrote:

"Fluff?"

Please advise.

I've often heard the joke women don't fart, they "fluff"

It's always made me laugh because it sounds stupid. :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

"Fluff?"

Please advise.

I've often heard the joke women don't fart, they "fluff"

It's always made me laugh because it sounds stupid. :lol:

Okay, that's not as bad as I thought it might be!

And, for the record, I occasionally send aromatic vapors wafting through the air. They smell like chocolate chip cookies, or lemons, or the breath of a puppy.

And, for the record, I occasionally send aromatic vapors wafting through the air. They smell like chocolate chip cookies, or lemons, or the breath of a puppy.

If only farts smelled like chocolate chip cookies. Do you think that happens in Candyland? :?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Food hygiene pass. Or rather, the test for it. (Fingers crossed I'll pass.) :?
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    well, since you asked, I just spent a fortune for my dad's funeral service & burial plots for him and my mom.

Not sexy, but I am happy I could provide him with a proper and dignified send-off.

Beat that!

Have to say, no "beating" that, and I wouldn't want to. So sorry for your loss Joe. :(
    I am happy that you could manage that for your dad and mom, I am sure they both know what an awesome son you are.

Mr. Window estimate never made it yesterday :evil: but came here at the crack of dawn to measure, so all good. He did all the repairs to our home after the tree fell on it last June, he was the only one to consistently show up, give a good estimate, stuck to his price and did good work. It's sad the dance one must do to get good work. Here's to hoping to a good estimate so we can afford to replace all the windows in the house except in the living room...bigger plans in there down the road.

Who princess, we like craigslist only because no eBay fees, but sure, sell thru eBay too. In fact, just sold our treadmill thru eBay yesterday :) girl is coming today to pick up. For large items...such as the treadmill, a leather sofa, etc, like to sell thru craiglist if possible, but also list on eBay too. Trying to cLear out some basement space and also make a couple of bucks.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    I went into an underwear section today. I looked at all the pretty lacey undies, then settled on a very practical pair of beige knickers with an incredibly strong elastic panel to hold my belly in.

Definately un-sexy :(
    Claireack wrote:
    I went into an underwear section today. I looked at all the pretty lacey undies, then settled on a very practical pair of beige knickers with an incredibly strong elastic panel to hold my belly in.

take em back and get something good.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    dcfaithful wrote:

If only farts smelled like chocolate chip cookies. Do you think that happens in Candyland? :?

mmmmm steak farts mmmmm

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • $6500 for a new roof for the house and garage.
  • I need a new windshield. Of course, had I fixed it while it was just a chip..... :roll:
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438

Mr. Window estimate never made it yesterday :evil: but came here at the crack of dawn to measure, so all good. He did all the repairs to our home after the tree fell on it last June, he was the only one to consistently show up, give a good estimate, stuck to his price and did good work. It's sad the dance one must do to get good work. Here's to hoping to a good estimate so we can afford to replace all the windows in the house except in the living room...bigger plans in there down the road.

Windows for us too, to the tune of $2100, but it hasn't gone nearly as smoothly as yours. We're in the midst of a big Lowes mess. They seem to be just interested in getting the contract, but not so interested in the service, and we're pretty disgusted right now...
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    So boring and dumb - I put my key in the lock of our front door and the whole lock fell out. We had to call the locksmith right away and I think it was $300.

New tires three weeks ago. And now the CD player in my car stopped working. Shit.
    81 wrote:
    Claireack wrote:

Can't sadly I need them :(
    Claireack wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Claireack wrote:

Can't sadly I need them :(

take the granny panties back...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    don't make me come over there.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,941

And, for the record, I occasionally send aromatic vapors wafting through the air. They smell like rotten eggs, or moldy lemons, or the breath of a puppy that just ate something from the litter box.
    I could see you weren't able to finish this thought. Thought you could use the help. I saw where you were going with it. No thanks are needed. Cheers!!! :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • JaneNY wrote:

Windows for us too, to the tune of $2100, but it hasn't gone nearly as smoothly as yours. We're in the midst of a big Lowes mess. They seem to be just interested in getting the contract, but not so interested in the service, and we're pretty disgusted right now...

Well only just started, so well see how smoothly it all goes.
    And man, I will be thrilled if the cost would be $2100.....we shall see.

Patrick, new rood for $6500? Nice!
    Ours was almost $11000 last summer.
    Gotta love long island.... :? :|:mrgreen:
    And actually, I do love it, but don't love how bloddy expensive it is to live here.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    check this...

spent my last dime on gas to get mom to her hospital appointments many miles away. parking ramp costs money. they do give out reduced rates to those unable to pay the full amount.

so i roll up to the lady in the parking ticket booth exiting location, hand her the ticket with parking coupon we acquired from one of the five clinics mom visited today. i tell her i can't even pay the reduced rate, zero funds, spent all my money on gas and our picnic lunch.

she asks for my driver's license goes behind my car, reads my plates, fills out a form and hands me my license back with the form i amto mail in.

this place is charging me a service charge of $2.50 for a grand total of $12.50

:evil:
    kick a fucker when they're down ya cocksuckers

i aint frickin thrilled let me tell ya what
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    check this...

spent my last dime on gas to get mom to her hospital appointments many miles away. parking ramp costs money. they do give out reduced rates to those unable to pay the full amount.

so i roll up to the lady in the parking ticket booth exiting location, hand her the ticket with parking coupon we acquired from one of the five clinics mom visited today. i tell her i can't even pay the reduced rate, zero funds, spent all my money on gas and our picnic lunch.

she asks for my driver's license goes behind my car, reads my plates, fills out a form and hands me my license back with the form i amto mail in.

this place is charging me a service charge of $2.50 for a grand total of $12.50

:evil:
    kick a fucker when they're down ya cocksuckers

i aint frickin thrilled let me tell ya what

That's shit!
    81 wrote:
    don't make me come over there.

Would it scare you if I said I was wearing them now!