Michael Vick complaining

Comments

• RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    I know that, but you think Dream Team started with everyone in Dallas taking it up? It started in 77/78, then Cowboys win Super Bowl and solidify the connection. And if I know you, you would gladly take on the Dream Team name if it meant a Super Bowl.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,563
    RW81233 wrote:
    I know that, but you think Dream Team started with everyone in Dallas taking it up? It started in 77/78, then Cowboys win Super Bowl and solidify the connection. And if I know you, you would gladly take on the Dream Team name if it meant a Super Bowl.

you don't know me too well then. :mrgreen:

the dream team thing is stupid. honestly, nobody around here even thinks about it.

only the jordan/barkley/bird etc etc etc team was a dream team.
    www.myspace.com
    I am not denying it, and I know that you all think it's stupid, but come on if a genie said he'd grant you a super bowl if you had to call your team the Dream Team forever you wouldn't take it? You're already rooting for Vick...why not go the extra mile.
    RW81233 wrote:
    I am not denying it, and I know that you all think it's stupid, but come on if a genie said he'd grant you a super bowl if you had to call your team the Dream Team forever you wouldn't take it? You're already rooting for Vick...why not go the extra mile.

i don't believe in genies.
    www.myspace.com
    This explains EVERYTHING...I remember back in 1988 when Steve Pelleur was quarterbacking Tom Landry's last game and I was getting shit from all my friends who loved the G-Men (shockingly not Bills or Jets) a genie showed up. He said that even though Walsh to Irvin would be my choice I'd have to root for fuckfaces named Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith (a gator?), and Jay Novacek, but in return I'd get 3 Super Bowls in 4 years. Also I had to move when they finally won a Super Bowl so that I couldn't stick it to my old friends, and all my new one's would think I was a bandwagon. I said yes. If/when that genie does show up at your house, say yes.
    RW81233 wrote:
    This explains EVERYTHING...I remember back in 1988 when Steve Pelleur was quarterbacking Tom Landry's last game and I was getting shit from all my friends who loved the G-Men (shockingly not Bills or Jets) a genie showed up. He said that even though Walsh to Irvin would be my choice I'd have to root for fuckfaces named Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith (a gator?), and Jay Novacek, but in return I'd get 3 Super Bowls in 4 years. Also I had to move when they finally won a Super Bowl so that I couldn't stick it to my old friends, and all my new one's would think I was a bandwagon. I said yes. If/when that genie does show up at your house, say yes.

the human torch was denied a bank loan.
    www.myspace.com
    hahahaha
  • i don't feel sorry for him at all....

the guy signed a $100 million contract or something. shut up, play the game, and earn your money.

he is damn lucky he is even allowed to be in the nfl. they could have banned him.

he should thank god every morning that he wakes up that he is not playing in some crappy low level arena football league making a $10,000 stipend.

the last thing this man should be doing is complaining about anything.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,675
    I dont mind him spouting off.

But if this fuckhead is implying that he is being 'persecuted' by the NFL, he needs to be shot.

The NFL has gone above and beyond to put this sociopath in a positive light and the NFL media does a lot of work to put him over in public opinion.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    DS1119 wrote:
    Just saw a press conference where Michael Vick was complaining that he doesn't get the fifteen yard flags thrown for him when he gets hit like every other quarterback. Doesn't he know that the referees are very big dog lovers??
    They give him so much TV time, he was the losing quarterback yesterday, all I saw was him
    and I am not a fan ... long before any dogs were mistreated.

He is and will always remain ... all about himself and that gets really old.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Flagg wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    This is a backhanded way of saying "my O-line fucking sucks"

This right here. He said he is always on the ground when he throws. He needs to tell his shitty OL to block better.

and stop holding the ball for 10 minutes every time you drop back to pass.

it's so typical...blame someone else for your own shortcomings rather than owning up to them.

As an eagles fan I can't fucking stand the guy
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    i don't feel sorry for him at all....

the guy signed a $100 million contract or something. shut up, play the game, and earn your money.

he is damn lucky he is even allowed to be in the nfl. they could have banned him.

he should thank god every morning that he wakes up that he is not playing in some crappy low level arena football league making a $10,000 stipend.

the last thing this man should be doing is complaining about anything.

This.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    andy reid said the same stuff last year...albeit much more subtly.

not a big deal.
    www.myspace.com
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    edited September 2011
    he's a scumbag with or without money. most guys who are wealthy scumbags have ignorant useless women chasing them around. anyone know if vick has g/fs and or a wife, or is he homosexual? is vick a bisexual all lathered up in the showers with other sweaty nfl'ers?

if i were a gay nfl player i would not be attracked to a man who participates in dog fighting activities. i am positive vick lost a few hard men due to his own barbaric bullshit.

the dude can smoke one though i bet.
    Post edited by chadwick on
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,432
    chadwick wrote:
    he's a scumbag with or without money. most folks who are wealthy scumbags have ignorant useless women chasing them around. anyone know if vick has g/fs and or a wife, or is he homosexual? is vick a bisexual all lathered up in the showers with other sweaty nfl'ers?

if i were a gay nfl player i would not be attracked to a man who participates in dog fighting activities. i am positive vick lost a few hard men due to his own barbaric bullshit.

the dude can smoke one though i bet.

uhmmm ok :o
    wtf was that? he's engaged to a girl that he loves btw.
    RW81233 wrote:
    wtf was that? he's engaged to a girl that he loves btw.

edit: i think we were referring to something different. never mind
    no i was referring to the homophobic/erotic post two times ago about michael vick and cocksmoking or something. i know about gary neal's past...don't think it's cool. however, he was never convicted so maybe he's evil (likely) or maybe he was wrongly accused (not as likely) or maybe the truth is somewhere in between. i'm not levying judgement on him as a person (he comes to the Towson Center where I work every so often and my students have positive experiences with him), but am certainly wary of rooting for him. i was more just pointing out the 6 athletes we've had that have hit the bigtime and making a joke about our 3-0 subdivision team.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    Sure, Vick gets hit hard and often, but that's part of the game.
    The Eagles have a sub-par O-line, and you have a QB who doesn't like to throw in whatever pocket given to him. I think Vick is a talented football player, but he has no right to complain. I watch most Eagles games (a buddy of mine is a fan) and rarely do I see a hit that isn't called and think "They should have thrown a flag".

Vick puts himself in the position to get hit hard and from all sides. Once outside of that pocket, guys (D-line, LBs, and the secondary) are moving at a much faster rate trying to get to him. He will naturally get hit harder than a pocket passer who gets dragged down by a busted protection scheme.

There is only one other guy who gets hit as often as Vick....I know there aren't too many Cutler fans on here, but look at that guy.... he gets hit on every damn play (due to a shitty line, shitty WRs, and a shitty offensive coordinator calling plays). He had 52 regular season sacks last year, had a concussion, had his MCL torn, he got kicked in the throat last week....he still doesn't say a bad word about anyone and doesn't complain about anything. He may not have a good presence with the media or he may look "pouty", but after he gets hit, he gets up, dusts himself off and walks back to the line.

Vick needs to keep his mouth shut up and play the game.
  • mca47 wrote:
    Sure, Vick gets hit hard and often, but that's part of the game.
    The Eagles have a sub-par O-line, and you have a QB who doesn't like to throw in whatever pocket given to him. I think Vick is a talented football player, but he has no right to complain. I watch most Eagles games (a buddy of mine is a fan) and rarely do I see a hit that isn't called and think "They should have thrown a flag".

Vick puts himself in the position to get hit hard and from all sides. Once outside of that pocket, guys (D-line, LBs, and the secondary) are moving at a much faster rate trying to get to him. He will naturally get hit harder than a pocket passer who gets dragged down by a busted protection scheme.

There is only one other guy who gets hit as often as Vick....I know there aren't too many Cutler fans on here, but look at that guy.... he gets hit on every damn play (due to a shitty line, shitty WRs, and a shitty offensive coordinator calling plays). He had 52 regular season sacks last year, had a concussion, had his MCL torn, he got kicked in the throat last week....he still doesn't say a bad word about anyone and doesn't complain about anything. He may not have a good presence with the media or he may look "pouty", but after he gets hit, he gets up, dusts himself off and walks back to the line.

Vick needs to keep his mouth shut up and play the game.

I wonder how much complaining the dogs did after they were put to sleep after they lost :shock:
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,675
    'putting to sleep' is a pretty soft description of what was done to those poor dogs.
    RW81233 wrote:
    no i was referring to the homophobic/erotic post two times ago about michael vick and cocksmoking or something. i know about gary neal's past...don't think it's cool. however, he was never convicted so maybe he's evil (likely) or maybe he was wrongly accused (not as likely) or maybe the truth is somewhere in between. i'm not levying judgement on him as a person (he comes to the Towson Center where I work every so often and my students have positive experiences with him), but am certainly wary of rooting for him. i was more just pointing out the 6 athletes we've had that have hit the bigtime and making a joke about our 3-0 subdivision team.

i see that. that's why i edited my post. i was very confused by that post as well. in fact i still have no idea what that post is about.

as for gary neal i hope what happened was a one time mistake as a college student, but at best he took advantage of a severely drunk college girl (in and out of consciousness and as she puked into a sink) or is a rapist. it would seem that he is doing pretty well now and hope that continues if so.

but i do think it's cool to talk about the towson guys in the pros. it's definitely neat to have guys from the small schools do well. and towson is a nice little campus. i was down there a few years ago and was impressed with it.
    pjhawks wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

i see that. that's why i edited my post. i was very confused by that post as well. in fact i still have no idea what that post is about.

as for gary neal i hope what happened was a one time mistake as a college student, but at best he took advantage of a severely drunk college girl (in and out of consciousness and as she puked into a sink) or is a rapist. it would seem that he is doing pretty well now and hope that continues if so.

but i do think it's cool to talk about the towson guys in the pros. it's definitely neat to have guys from the small schools do well. and towson is a nice little campus. i was down there a few years ago and was impressed with it.
    i'm sure we've all done shady things in our lives (hopefully not to that degree nor am I talking about taking advantage of women)...Towson's not so little anymore, in 2 years it will actually have more undergrads that UMD-CP. Of course we get about 2/3rds the salary of comparable profs, but that's what happens I guess.
    RW81233 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

i'm sure we've all done shady things in our lives (hopefully not to that degree nor am I talking about taking advantage of women)...Towson's not so little anymore, in 2 years it will actually have more undergrads that UMD-CP. Of course we get about 2/3rds the salary of comparable profs, but that's what happens I guess.

what do you teach/do there? my niece graduated last year. she loved it.
    RW81233 wrote:
    btw, that isn't a homophobic statement.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    i'm in the sport management department, but i do the sociology/cultural studies side of things. i have a 4/2 courseload for teaching so this semester I teach two 400 level Cultural Economy of Sport classes to mostly seniors in the sport management program, and two 300 level Sport and Society advanced writing classes. In the spring I only teach the two Cultural Economy courses. The rest of my time is spent reading, researching, writing, and posting on a stupid messageboard...I really love my life.

chadwick i said homophobic/erotic...couldn't quite get the tone of it from the post.
    it's called getting sports fans wound up. asking if vick is a homosexual or bisexual all lathered up in the shower with other sweaty nfl'ers isn't homophobic. it's a question.

vick, being the scumbag that he is, has shit tons of money no matter if he likes women or men or all of 'em. i believe he likes both sexes.

moral of the story...sports fans need hassled a bit from time to time. it keeps them on their toes and sharp. i truly enjoy agitating sports fans from time to time :mrgreen:

yes, i am a hole ;)

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,730
    chadwick wrote:
    it's called getting sports fans wound up. asking if vick is a homosexual or bisexual all lathered up in the shower with other sweaty nfl'ers isn't homophobic. it's a question.

vick, being the scumbag that he is, has shit tons of money no matter if he likes women or men or all of 'em. i believe he likes both sexes.

moral of the story...sports fans need hassled a bit from time to time. it keeps them on their toes and sharp. i truly enjoy agitating sports fans from time to time :mrgreen:

yes, i am a hole ;)

I as a sports fan fully support your insight and involvment in the sports threads. Especially when it comes to Vicks sexuality.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

yes, i am a hole ;)

I as a sports fan fully support your insight and involvment in the sports threads. Especially when it comes to Vicks sexuality.

let's go new york. :mrgreen:

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,730
    chadwick wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

yes, i am a hole ;)

let's go new york. :mrgreen:

:thumbup: :thumbup: