Michael Vick complaining

DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
edited September 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Just saw a press conference where Michael Vick was complaining that he doesn't get the fifteen yard flags thrown for him when he gets hit like every other quarterback. Doesn't he know that the referees are very big dog lovers??
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• serious ebonics...
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • He does this EVERY year, except for when he was in prison of course. I remember the first time (back in his Atlanta days) it was actually a big story that they talked about and debated all day on ESPN, but now it just means that it's football season.

I think the general consensus is that being a running QB, he's going to get hit more than a throwing QB. He made his name slipping out of tackles, and doing it himself, defenders can't take any chances with him. If he were a pocket QB getting hit the way he does, then there would be more flags, but he's essentially a running back who lines up under center.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Boo fucking hoo.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Michael-Vick-Chased-By-Dog.jpg
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,412
    Michael-Vick-Chased-By-Dog.jpg

:clap::clap::lol::lol:

that's awesome! haha
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Michael-Vick-Chased-By-Dog.jpg

hehe :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Miami called, they want their dream team back
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,150
    I loved watching him whine and I love that the "Dream Team" have more losses than wins. Go Giants!
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • SVRDhand13 wrote:
    I loved watching him whine and I love that the "Dream Team" have more losses than wins. Go Giants!

It's like Michael Wilbon always says whenever the name Dream Team gets thrown around for whatever reason or whatever sport. There was only 1 Dream Team, and that was the 1992 Olympic Men's Basketball Team.

I never really understood what was so great about this Eagles roster that even started people calling them The Dream Team. Yeah, they signed some good free agents, but it is far from being a dream team. I don't have a problem with the Eagles, but I don't understand this hype at all. I would be willing to bet that ESPN coined the term on a slow news day so they would have something talk about.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

It's like Michael Wilbon always says whenever the name Dream Team gets thrown around for whatever reason or whatever sport. There was only 1 Dream Team, and that was the 1992 Olympic Men's Basketball Team.

I never really understood what was so great about this Eagles roster that even started people calling them The Dream Team. Yeah, they signed some good free agents, but it is far from being a dream team. I don't have a problem with the Eagles, but I don't understand this hype at all. I would be willing to bet that ESPN coined the term on a slow news day so they would have something talk about.
    One of the eagles free agents called them the dream team
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:

That's even worse. One of the guys signed says they're the "Dream Team", and the media actually buys into it.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    81 wrote:
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

I think it was Vince Young, their backup/sometime soon starter. And guys, he wasn't complaining he pointed that out himself. :lol:

I don't hate Vick the way alot of people do, but does it seem like his vocab is alot less refined than it was a year ago when he was trying to improve his public standing?
  • SVRDhand13 wrote:

the town of philly won 1 ws and have become almost as cocky as the town of boston

hence the hype
  • Feel free to look for my prediction of a mediocre season in the Eagles thread.

And it was injured backup QB Vince Young who said dream team, another idiot. "Dream Team" with Casey Matthews at MLB. :roll:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,150
    DewieCox wrote:
    I don't hate Vick the way alot of people do, but does it seem like his vocab is alot less refined than it was a year ago when he was trying to improve his public standing?

He is starting to live the thug life again.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,950
    This is a backhanded way of saying "my O-line fucking sucks"
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,563
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

one guy.

one guy called them the dream team. the back up quarterback. then the media and everyone outside of philadelphia ran with it. :roll:
    www.myspace.com
  • SVRDhand13 wrote:

one guy.

one guy called them the dream team. the back up quarterback. then the media and everyone outside of philadelphia ran with it. :roll:

I haven't really heard anybody inside Phila say that, besides the backup QB. Guess we'll be hearing about it from all these clowns the rest of the year.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,432
    look i hate michael vick as much as anyone, but take off the hatred for the guy and look at it rationally and the man does have a point. fact is on the play he got hurt it is a penalty against every other qb in the nfl. and it goes back to last year. the guy is scum but he has a point.
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

one guy.

Don't you think we know this? Aren't you guys the same people who know that the media named Dallas "America's Team" but use it to demean the Cowboys and their fans? Now you want us to feel bad because it happened to you?

Philly fans are funny...
    pjhawks wrote:
    look i hate michael vick as much as anyone, but take off the hatred for the guy and look at it rationally and the man does have a point. fact is on the play he got hurt it is a penalty against every other qb in the nfl. and it goes back to last year. the guy is scum but he has a point.
    you think if tawwmy got hit like that nothing would have happened? maybe it's because tawwmy and peyton are jedi's or something and when they waive their hand and point they are also saying "you saw a personal foul or pass interference" and the ref just reacts. maybe vick has to get some mitichloreans or something.

• one guy.

I was actually talking more shit about the media running with it than anybody within Philly. Whoever said it, the media, especially ESPN, has run with it. I pretty much despise what ESPN has become in recent years, I won't watch it except for PTI and ATH. They're essentially going down the same path that cable news has with the 24 hour news cycle, it's gotten ridiculous. They will hype a team, then when they lose complain about how overhyped they were. Whatever game is happening THAT day, no matter how insignificant, is the "Greatest Rivalry In All Of Sports". I think ESPN officially hit the shitter when they started camping out on Brett Favre's front lawn and waiting for any sign whether he would play or retire, like people waiting on the announcement of a new Pope.
    RW81233 wrote:

one guy.

Don't you think we know this? Aren't you guys the same people who know that the media named Dallas "America's Team" but use it to demean the Cowboys and their fans? Now you want us to feel bad because it happened to you?

Philly fans are funny...

no i think "america's team" was what one of the cowboys' season highlight reels was named back in the 70's. so i guess nfl films gave it to them....and then the cowboys went on to embrace it for the next five decades.

lil different here. lil bit.
    www.myspace.com

one guy.

I was actually talking more shit about the media running with it than anybody within Philly. Whoever said it, the media, especially ESPN, has run with it. I pretty much despise what ESPN has become in recent years, I won't watch it except for PTI and ATH. They're essentially going down the same path that cable news has with the 24 hour news cycle, it's gotten ridiculous. They will hype a team, then when they lose complain about how overhyped they were. Whatever game is happening THAT day, no matter how insignificant, is the "Greatest Rivalry In All Of Sports". I think ESPN officially hit the shitter when they started camping out on Brett Favre's front lawn and waiting for any sign whether he would play or retire, like people waiting on the announcement of a new Pope.
    ESPN is a logical extension of late capitalist news media...to some by hating what cable news television or espn has become is to hate America. I don't agree with the latter, but when the success of a news outlet is equated with how many advertising dollars they can bring in then this where you're going to end up.
  • Cowboys fans LOVE calling themselves America's Team. Give me a fucking break. If it was just one instance it would've died decades ago.

ESPN has been garbage for a long time. Yesterday Temple had a huge win at Maryland. Highlights: one Temple TD and a 5 minute critique of Maryland's uniforms in their 38-7 loss.

Juggler if you guys with the Super Bowl you don't think NFL Films will make a "Dream Team" DVD that many (not all) fans will embrace - even if it is tongue-in-cheek? Then if you were to sustain success for a series of seasons under the Dream Team moniker Philly fans would not identify with it? You have to be kidding me if you don't think so.
    Cowboys fans LOVE calling themselves America's Team. Give me a fucking break. If it was just one instance it would've died decades ago.

ESPN has been garbage for a long time. Yesterday Temple had a huge win at Maryland. Highlights: one Temple TD and a 5 minute critique of Maryland's uniforms in their 38-7 loss.
    I don't love calling the Cowboys America's Team, that's not why I like them, or why I think other people should like them (I actually don't think anyone should like them), nor have I ever used that term to describe why I like the Cowboys. Either way I can't wait for America's Team to face the Dream Team in October. :lol:
  • I live in Dallas, and the fans around here, the local media, and Jerry Jones, love "America's Team". Not only do they love it, but they honestly believe it. The names "America's Team" and "Cowboys" are pretty much interchangeable.

The hilarious thing is that the fans around here are so shifty that the fans outside of Dallas are probably much more loyal than the home town fans are.
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    mickeyrat wrote:
    This is a backhanded way of saying "my O-line fucking sucks"

This right here. He said he is always on the ground when he throws. He needs to tell his shitty OL to block better.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    RW81233 wrote:
    Juggler if you guys with the Super Bowl you don't think NFL Films will make a "Dream Team" DVD that many (not all) fans will embrace - even if it is tongue-in-cheek? Then if you were to sustain success for a series of seasons under the Dream Team moniker Philly fans would not identify with it? You have to be kidding me if you don't think so.

not really. i don't know anyone who refers to the eagles as the dream team. only time i hear it is when i watch espn and hop on this message pit actually.
    www.myspace.com