Options

Check this out now.....

SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
edited September 2011 in The Porch
.....I called out this asshole jodeci78 on expressobeans and ebay for selling 9 emeks. here's his response:

Sawyer wrote:Oh..I've figured it out. People like you join the tenclub to sell a backpack for $500 or go to the merch booths outside the venue and load up on posters to flip......you're sleazy bro. And judging by your ebay photos you have quite the husband and wife business going.....unless you wear nail polish....hope those go better there than here.

What I'm doing isn't sleazy, its the RIGHT thing to do. I'm providing an opportunity to someone who wasn't at the show to obtain something special that they otherwise won't have an opportunity to obtain. This opportunity comes at a price. If you want to wait until Pearl Jam sells it on their own website, its your choice to do so.

Sleazy having a merch booth outside so you can squeeze every last dollar from every city.
Sleazy is going city to city, tweaking a popular sports team logo to make money off them.
Sleazy is charging $35 for a t-shirt that costs $5.
Sleazy is selling a stupid backpack with a $3 patch sewn on.
Sleazy is selling a poster for $30 that costs $3 to make.
Sleazy is selling a $5 poster tube to protect a $30 poster.
Sleazy is an $7 beer.

Were you at the show?
Did you not call any of your friends at the show?
DId I personally cheat you out of a poster?
If you're a part of the Pearl Jam community, and spreading around this 'good karma' then why didn't one of the 15,000 people at the show not 'hook you up' with a poster?

Explain to me why I should sell you a poster at a price thats fair to you.

The poster sales are going pretty good. in 24 hours, I've sold 2 posters here, and 2 on ebay. At the price I'm selling them, I've already re-couped my costs, and made a small profit. Now knowing how hard these posters will be to obtain, I might even increase the price to about $225 plus shipping.

As for my ebay, you should come visit back in a couple weeks. I'll be adding new items, including some autographs of U2, Madonna, and maybe some of my Neil Young autographs. But if the Ron English poster is a knockout, check back soon, i'll have those posters in even greater quantities. Thank Pearl Jam for allowing me to buy merch in the afternoon. It saves me a lot of time.

Cheers!

I honestly had no idea what the ten club was... but i'm joining now, just so i can buy tickets & other merch for re-sale. Yes I'm doing this out of spite.

jodeci78
Art Expert

* Private message

Previous PMNext PM
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    meh....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,201
    now ..check this out..
    viewtopic.php?f=20&t=170749&start=15
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    all I can say after reading that is WoW
    Springfield MA 94, Hartford CT 96
  • Options
    what type of response were you expecting from him when you called him out that way?
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    The profits are going to obama '12...... :lol:
    uncle matty
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    I have no problem with people flipping merchandise.
    Its a free country and you cant blame people for trying to make a buck these days.

Dont hate the playa, hate the game.
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Fuck that guy.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    we do know those backpacks were still below MSRP even with the $3 patch on them, right? ;)
  • Options
    SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    its clearly a problem...hate to say it but merch booths outside the venue=bad idea
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    edited September 2011
    I think flippers suck. And this includes people who buy limited quantity items that they don't want just as "trade bait".
    I have wasted too much energy over the past few weeks complaining about them.

At the end of the day, its just stuff and you can't take it with you with you die. To me, the most important thing is the music and the memories from the shows.
  • Options
    Fuckin idiot . No class. People like that don't get it .
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,226
    I know 10c cares about us getting screwed on the secondary market

But

They also want to sell out of all the merch. Period. Maybe if these buttholes aren't buying 5 or 10 of each item..... That doesn't happen

It sux, but I don't get people trying to buy $100 + sport shirts on eBay. A poster/vinyl is a lil different IMO. That shirt will either have to sit in your closet forever to be preserved(which is a waste) or you'll wear it out by using it

Have someone make one for you. Who cares if it's not original. To me there's no value there

Same with the backpack...... I wouldn't pay more than sticker price. Good suggestions by some to sew the patch on a similar bag. That's smarter than shelling out $500

Don't buy from these asses, it's panic now. Wait a while
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,940
    I want to be more upset about this than I am. I hate these guys, I really do, but as long as 10C pumps out limited edition merchandise they will continue to thrive. The best advice is what has been stated above -- DO NOT BUY FROM THEM.

Also, the merchandise booths outside of the venue makes it so much easier for all of us to stash our goods and relax during the shows. I don't want to them go away because they are being exploited in this way.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    When I read the guy's response, I said to myself, "If there is a God... then Boston2Puke will be seated behind this doosh at the show. Right when the guy is marvelling at his collection of 10 exposed posters- wearing his loser shoes and popped collar- Boston will do what he does best!"

Try selling those posters.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    PJ-Cubs wrote:
    At the end of the day, its just stuff and you can't take it with you with you die. To me, the most important thing is the music and the memories from the shows.

I think people need to remember this. Collecting seems to have gone crazy the last year.
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Don't buy from these asses, it's panic now. Wait a while

I wonder when people will learn to wait a while and let the prices & interest drop. Does one need the poster/merch today for 200 bucks? Does it hurt to wait a while?

But bottom line is, if people stop buying from the flippers then eventually the flippers will go away. Quite simple but no-one seems to understand it.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Pry ToPry To Posts: 285
    edited September 2011
    The guy may be an ass, but he gave an honest answer. PJ has become a merchandising machine. They're about one step behind Kiss as far as I can tell. Pearl Jam beer? Give me a break! I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a PJ condom or tampon at this point. I managed to score one of the backpacks. (I honestly needed a backpack and it was a good price.) But there's no way I'm going to do anything with it other than leave it in the box and sell it at some point down the road. I could buy ten backpacks for what that one's worth. They could easily take preorders to kill the secondary market, but they chose not to do that. PJ has become a corporate merchandising machine at this point. Pearl Jam, Inc. You can't blame the flippers (and I most definitely am NOT one) for taking a slice of the pie. PJ sets it up this way. They could change it, but they don't. That's not to offend them or anyone else, that's just the truth. They can do what they want, and what they've decided to do is to squeeze every last drop of money from their fanbase. It doesn't mean they're not a great band; they are. But they are basically a merchandise machine at this point, peddling T-shirts and posters and shoes and beer and books and DVDs and keychains and basically anything you can stick their brand on via music. It's great music, and they offer a good bang for their buck, but they've clearly caught the green disease and I don't see any going back at this point. I think most of us would do the same thing, given the opportunity. It's sad, but at least they still deliver the goods in concert.
    Post edited by Pry To on
    Los Angeles - Sep 11, 1992
    Memphis - Aug 15, 2000
    Chicago - May 16, 2006
    Chicago - Aug 23-24, 2009
    Columbus - May 6, 2010
    Noblesville - May 7, 2010
    Manchester - June 20-21, 2012
    Amsterdam - June 26-27, 2012
    Berlin - July 4-5, 2012
  • Options
    Exactly boyo

We set the market $$

If they try to sell for $300 and no one buys, guess what....... It's value tumbles
  • Options
    Hey Passim

Gotta make $$ when people get your music for free. Granted they make a nice living touring, piracy takes some of your income away

I don't blame them. No one needs everything, you have a choice as hard as it may be sometimes
  • Options
    I don't blame them, either. But I don't blame the guys doing the exact same thing on eBay either. It sucks, but PJ could end this madness instantly. A Beny box set just sold for over $1000 on eBay. They could re-release this on vinyl in a heartbeat, but they choose not to. I bought one of those stupid backpacks and I'm honestly pissed that I've got to leave it in the box and buy one I can actually use. Lame, but their choice.
    Memphis - Aug 15, 2000
    Chicago - May 16, 2006
    Columbus - May 6, 2010
    Berlin - July 4-5, 2012
  • Options
    Oh I know about the Benny, it sux for me not being into vinyl when it was released. What was it sold for $30..... A regret no doubt for me. But I'm not gonna pay the $500, $600, or $1000 for it

I'll live

Maybe they will reissue it, all in good time. If they don't then I guess I have my cd
  • Options
    Yep. PJ could put all of the eBayers out of business overnight, but they don't for some reason. All part of they "mythology" or whatever. Anyway, the music is great, the shows are awesome, and I love these guys. But it does make me a little sad to see how huge the merch side of what they do has become.
    Memphis - Aug 15, 2000
    Chicago - May 16, 2006
    Columbus - May 6, 2010
    Berlin - July 4-5, 2012
  • Options
    I guess one way to piss the flipper off is to report the auction to the CRA, I belive canada law now dictates that people that sell on ebay and such to make money must pay income tax like everyone else that works.
  • Options
    Are all these flippers reporting hobby income on their tax returns?
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,465
    Eh, not really a big deal.

If the fan club was really concerned they would make sure posters were limited to one per person. I don't see why we should care if they don't care.

I would direct all that energy to something positive like feeding the hungry.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    The posters should be limited to 2 per person. Any more than that, and they KNOW they are flipping them. Some guy bought 100 posters at PJ20. wtf is someone doing with 100 posters if not flipping them?
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,956
    on2legs wrote:
    Eh, not really a big deal.

If the fan club was really concerned they would make sure posters were limited to one per person. I don't see why we should care if they don't care.

I would direct all that energy to something positive like feeding the hungry.

I agree with you.

If the 10club wanted to take care of the poster business madness @ the shows they would of had strict rules guidelines @ the merchandise tables for those selling their product. 1 poster (or max of 2) per customer is alright, right? Wish they brought back the '08 experience. Buy one poster, get a wristband & pick up the poster wearing the wristband @ the end of the show. For somebody to go straight up to the merchandise table and ask for 10 prints is insane!! I'm surprised nobody around tripped the guy and bent his prints by mistake. Did he ask for 10 prints with 10 tubes or just took all 10 by hand and ran back to the parking lot? Though you never know if he had 10 friends who bought 1 poster each & gave it all to him, which he paid for. Nobody know's!!!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,956
    Staceb10 wrote:
    The posters should be limited to 2 per person. Any more than that, and they KNOW they are flipping them. Some guy bought 100 posters at PJ20. wtf is someone doing with 100 posters if not flipping them?

Say that again? A guy bought 100 posters @ Alpine Valley? :shock:
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    Staceb10 wrote:

Say that again? A guy bought 100 posters @ Alpine Valley? :shock:

That's crazy

PJ posters are replacing that white stuff from Colombia for profitability ;)
  • Options
    smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,559
    It feels dirty to me that someone would buy so much stuff just to sell. However Pearl Jam is a merchandising machine at this point and I'm buying up gobs of the stuff. The posters have gotten crazy. Hard to blame Pearl jam for giving artists a chance to produce work and get notice. Also $35 for a poster at a show is a great price. It just sucks they get bought up for the flipping.

Also, if someone bought 1000 posters, why the hell can't I find one for around $100?? Surely if you bought 1000 and sell them at 300% profit, you got one for me at that price!
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • Options
    We are becoming merch whores. The posters are awesome and the T-shirts are pretty cool, but a backpack.....Really? Why do people feel they need all of this shit? I agree with Passim, it will be funny to see Pearl Jam Condoms when they come out.
    6/16/2008 Columbia, SC, 10/30/09-10/31/09 Philly, EV Solo 6/26/11 Detroit, 9/3/11-9/4/11 Alpine Valley, 9/30/2012 Missoula,MT 7/16/13 London, ON *****FIRST ROW****, 7/19/13 Chicago, IL, 10/30/13 Charlotte, NC. 4/21/2008 Columbia, SC, 5/2/2016 MSG2