Dreams

2»

Comments

• StillHere wrote:
    By me? I didn't have time to post earlier and I didn't know how to tag this thread otherwise. Sorry. :?

I think I do lucid dream. I have had varying experiences over my life. Currently, I have ones where my little son and I play or go for walks, I can "feel" when he holds my hand. It's kind of funny, as it feels so real. Then when I hear a sound or something, it feels like I am "jolted" back, and I wake up. My son usually wakes too, but falls back asleep rather quickly. I usually remember those dreams too. I sometimes can read things in my dreams. Maybe I am just overtired, and am not really sleeping as deeply as I should be.

oh.... :lol: i thought i was not getting something here

very cool that you both are awakened at the same time when you are dreaming...wonder if he's having the same dream? interesting

Now that i think of it, probably, because he does tell me about games we played...or places we went to...one night I dreamed us playing with our old dog, Buddy, who died years before he was born. The next day, at breakfast, my son was repeatedly calling the dog, "Buddy, where are you?" :shock:

Oh, just for the record, my son will be 2 at Christmas time, and buddy died 8 years ago. :think:
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    Dreams fascinate me too. I remember most of mine but the one I think about the most was just after my husband's step-brother died. I always thought he was a really nice person but never really got to have a proper conversation with him.
    So in this dream, we are sitting together cross-legged in what seemed like a gym shower room. No we weren't naked or anything stupid. Just sitting there and he starts off by telling me that he has brought me here to have a proper deep and meaningful talk because we never got to when he was alive. Anyway, cut a long story short, the dream felt like it went on for hours and hours. We talked about everything.
    When I woke up, I felt like I knew him so much better. It was VERY strange. :?
    Totally believe that there is more to dreams than meets the eye. ;)
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    I didn't read the whole tread, so maybe I missed it... and I apologize for going a little bit off topic, but this thread made me want to ask:

Does anyone else have very vivid, and overly odd dreams when they're sick, say with the flu or something of the like?

Whenever I'm sick, I have some of the most bizarre, yet memorable dreams.

When I was really young and was ill, I had a dream about my parents getting divorced. It was so "real" that it frightened me.

Couple years later, my parents marriage dissolved and they divorced. That always trips me out. I could be looking into it too much. Probably coincidence.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    StillHere wrote:
    By me? I didn't have time to post earlier and I didn't know how to tag this thread otherwise. Sorry. :?

I think I do lucid dream. I have had varying experiences over my life. Currently, I have ones where my little son and I play or go for walks, I can "feel" when he holds my hand. It's kind of funny, as it feels so real. Then when I hear a sound or something, it feels like I am "jolted" back, and I wake up. My son usually wakes too, but falls back asleep rather quickly. I usually remember those dreams too. I sometimes can read things in my dreams. Maybe I am just overtired, and am not really sleeping as deeply as I should be.

oh.... :lol: i thought i was not getting something here

very cool that you both are awakened at the same time when you are dreaming...wonder if he's having the same dream? interesting

Now that i think of it, probably, because he does tell me about games we played...or places we went to...one night I dreamed us playing with our old dog, Buddy, who died years before he was born. The next day, at breakfast, my son was repeatedly calling the dog, "Buddy, where are you?" :shock:

Oh, just for the record, my son will be 2 at Christmas time, and buddy died 8 years ago. :think:

excellent..i have a daughter like that...you may be in for some very interesting times :)
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
    dcfaithful wrote:
    I didn't read the whole tread, so maybe I missed it... and I apologize for going a little bit off topic, but this thread made me want to ask:

Does anyone else have very vivid, and overly odd dreams when they're sick, say with the flu or something of the like?

When I was really young and was ill, I had a dream about my parents getting divorced. It was so "real" that it frightened me.

Couple years later, my parents marriage dissolved and they divorced. That always trips me out. I could be looking into it too much. Probably coincidence.
    Yes, I have some pretty trippy dreams when I'm sick too but that's pretty sad. :(

Hey, just wondering if anyone has ever heard of 2 people having similar dreams on the same night?
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Loulou wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

Yes, I have some pretty trippy dreams when I'm sick too but that's pretty sad. :(

Hey, just wondering if anyone has ever heard of 2 people having similar dreams on the same night?

awwww, lorna...fever dreams? crazy crazy shyte right?

yes! i have heard of that...but right this moment i can't recall who it was that told me, or the details...it'll come to me..... stay tuned :D
    peace,
    jo

"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
    StillHere wrote:
    Loulou wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

awwww, lorna...fever dreams? crazy crazy shyte right?

yes! i have heard of that...but right this moment i can't recall who it was that told me, or the details...it'll come to me..... stay tuned :D
    Cool, I'm intrigued! :D

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    StillHere wrote:
    EmBleve wrote:
    StillHere wrote:
    .and that we choose our destinies before we arrive in this body, on this plane...and that although sometimes we may feel as if we are straying from those paths we are actually only sidelining for a bit and will continue on the basic path we have chosen to experience for this lifetime.
    I totally agree with this. I've heard them referred to as 'option lines', and we choose which one to address in this life, or which one we want to challenge us in an effort to further understand it for the next life (or for the other side, or for one's spirit). whew..not enough time to get into this at the moment. :)
    And someone mentioned astral projection; I tried this once (after many months of practice), and had a very unique and vivid experience in a dream as a direct result of it. It was powerful.

do tell :)
    I was focusing on a single, specific person before I went to sleep (who is deceased), but I was open to anything or anybody who came through. It wasn't the person (in the dream) on whom I had focused, but another person whom I had never met, but it was so vivid and real, it was like it was happening. Long conversation, remember every detail. It was so overwhelming. First and only time I have had such an experience, but it wasn't 'just' a dream, of this I am sure.
    EmBleve wrote:
    I was focusing on a single, specific person before I went to sleep (who is deceased), but I was open to anything or anybody who came through. It wasn't the person (in the dream) on whom I had focused, but another person whom I had never met, but it was so vivid and real, it was like it was happening. Long conversation, remember every detail. It was so overwhelming. First and only time I have had such an experience, but it wasn't 'just' a dream, of this I am sure.

awesome

several years ago my daughter (the one with all the "gifts") told me that she'd had a "conversation" with my dear friend Jose who had moved to NY a few months prior. She told me that he had been in an accident, and proceeded to give me details of where he was now .... and very odd things indeed.

Of course I protested, since she only has these conversations with people who have passed. And I told her that she must be mistaken...etc. etc. etc.

Only to find out about a week later that she had been absolutely spot on. He had been in some sort of a car chase or altercation with police and had been killed a few days earlier.

For her these are not dreams but more like waking dreams...and she knows things that seem at the very least impossible. There are SSSSoooooooo many of these stories I could tell, but those are for a different thread.

Anyway...sounds like your dream was something along those lines? Only asleep. You might want to cultivate that using your dreams, which it sounds as if you are. Eventually, if you are open to it, you may not need to be asleep..only meditating. Or have you gone there already?
    peace,
    jo

• StillHere wrote:
    excellent..i have a daughter like that...you may be in for some very interesting times :)

Yes, he's been talking about people long gone from this life...it's kind of fun... 8-)
    StillHere wrote:

Yes, he's been talking about people long gone from this life...it's kind of fun... 8-)

it is...but just be on the lookout for things that are not so fun
    and also, as he gets older, it can become overwhelming for him
    especially if he's the only one
    so always keep an open and approachable communication with him (i'm sure you do)
    it gets harder of course as they get older
    but these things are not easy for them...at least judging from my own family's experiences

can be cool...but just ....i'm sure you know :)
    peace,
    jo

• StillHere wrote:
    StillHere wrote:

it is...but just be on the lookout for things that are not so fun
    and also, as he gets older, it can become overwhelming for him
    especially if he's the only one
    so always keep an open and approachable communication with him (i'm sure you do)
    it gets harder of course as they get older
    but these things are not easy for them...at least judging from my own family's experiences

can be cool...but just ....i'm sure you know :)

yes, we are go along with his conversations....so far so good...but I will keep my eye on it...thank you :mrgreen:
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    StillHere wrote:
    EmBleve wrote:

awesome

several years ago my daughter (the one with all the "gifts") told me that she'd had a "conversation" with my dear friend Jose who had moved to NY a few months prior. She told me that he had been in an accident, and proceeded to give me details of where he was now .... and very odd things indeed.

Of course I protested, since she only has these conversations with people who have passed. And I told her that she must be mistaken...etc. etc. etc.

Only to find out about a week later that she had been absolutely spot on. He had been in some sort of a car chase or altercation with police and had been killed a few days earlier.

For her these are not dreams but more like waking dreams...and she knows things that seem at the very least impossible. There are SSSSoooooooo many of these stories I could tell, but those are for a different thread.

Anyway...sounds like your dream was something along those lines? Only asleep. You might want to cultivate that using your dreams, which it sounds as if you are. Eventually, if you are open to it, you may not need to be asleep..only meditating. Or have you gone there already?
    That's so cool with your daughter. Amazing. And I haven't gone there with just meditation--yet. ;) I need to build up some strength, and I'm kind of apprehensive to try that, actually, since one doesn't know what comes in.
    EmBleve wrote:
    StillHere wrote:
    EmBleve wrote:

awesome

That's so cool with your daughter. Amazing. And I haven't gone there with just meditation--yet. ;) I need to build up some strength, and I'm kind of apprehensive to try that, actually, since one doesn't know what comes in.

very true...you never know what will come through..however, it's certainly allows more control on your end than something like an ouija board. the stuff i could tell you...but just don't use that type of thing, it only leads to bad in the end
    peace,
    jo

• I once dreamt about the end of the world ~ People were running around frantically, screaming, crying, on their knees praying, while I was shopping for shoes. Suddenly, there was an air raid-like siren, and a loud voice from above ~ it was God, who uttered the words "April Fool's!" Apparently, it was a test to see how everyone would react and there I was being materialistic. Mind you, I had this dream a long time ago.
    My last message to you ~

You're right. You are a monster! You are sick! Get help!

At least, I am not a fuck-up! A lying fuck-up!