Dreams

he still standshe still stands Posts: 2,835
edited October 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Does anyone else have lucid dreams? I've been reading up on this and inducing the lucid dream state and it is AMAZING!

Today I was taking a nap and was incredibly lucid for probably an hour. An alien showed me a new language (his, I'm assuming) and it read "two paths of virtue equal the one true love." Not kidding. It's amazing to me how these profound truths come out of my dream state... but to be honest... I'm not so sure it is "me." I'm actually leaning towards the possibility that it is a "3rd party" of some sort. Most writers and good artists talk about the muse who gives them the idea or creative message and they are just an instrument for the muse to work through. I'm not saying I'm on that level, but I understand what they mean now.

Now, where's my Pearl Jam tickets, alien dude?

I've had similar experiences of new languages and weird entities teaching me their language under the influence of HEAVY mind-altering drugs.... like LSD and DMT. I think there is something to it... and I know it sounds incredibly weird. But don't be worried I am very skeptical about all this and don't have apophenia or anything. :D
Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    i totally understand

dreams are fascinating

i have not had any foreign tongues taught to me in my sleep

but i have seen places that i've never been to find that it was spot on when i do go there
    or "knowing" something that hasn't even happened yet (this sometimes happens while i'm awake but more often in a dream)

i also have experiences of not being able to tell for sure whether certain memories are of a dream or an actual event because the dreams are so vivid and real. i actually sometimes have to ask someone if we really did that or not....i guess they might wonder about this a bit

i'm sure there are many people like you who, rather than saying they dreamed this alien, would look at it as an abduction or something like that...

a muse....yes

i would love to hear more
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • StillHere wrote:
    i'm sure there are many people like you who, rather than saying they dreamed this alien, would look at it as an abduction or something like that...

a muse....yes

Yeah I know... maybe I was, but it certainly wasn't here in this dimension or anything. Terence McKenna and others talk about this quite a lot.... how throughout history people have been visited by "beings," aliens, angels, entities, ghosts, etc. It's all just a label for something unexplainable.

I've never had your experience of not remembering if something happened in the waking life or the dream life. For me it's always been very clear which is which.

A good "trick" that I've learned to practice while I'm awake is to turn on and off the light switch when I enter a room, so that it becomes habit. Then, we I am dreaming I tend to do the same thing, and that allows me to know that I'm dreaming because the light in the room cannot change when you're dreaming! Also, look at digital clocks when you're dreaming and you'll realize that you're not awake because it will look like some weird alien language.

I have had terrifying experiences while lucid dreaming. I've read up on astral projection and I've tried to leave my body several times and float around the room. For some reason, this makes me nauseous just thinking about it. When I've started to leave my body I always get absolutely terrified and wake up and it makes my heart skip a beat.

Also, I've experiences where I couldn't leave the dream. I kept "waking myself up" in the lucid dream state and after several moments I would realize that I wasn't awake. The worst part is that it'd seemingly go on for HOURS. Actually, no, the worst part is that in these inescable dreams I'm always accompanied by a horrible goblin creature of some sort. It is sooo weird... whenever I encounter this creature in a dream I'm always like "oh no, here we go again" and the little fucker gives me a sly smile.

The other night, I dreamed that my father was digging a hole and I was like "whats up dad what're ya digging for? and he was like "oh nothing son, just digging your grave." At which point I felt shitty so I was like "don't worry about that dad, let me do the digging. It is, after all, MY grave." lol
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    Yeah love lucid dreaming! I tend to go flying, as I love the feeling of it... :D
    we can also enter into the 'reality' in our dream state.

But the biggest kick is this, we are all in a dream world right now...the 'reality' is here too, we are just so lost that we can't see the wood from the trees.
    edited September 2011
    StillHere wrote:

a muse....yes

Yeah I know... maybe I was, but it certainly wasn't here in this dimension or anything. Terence McKenna and others talk about this quite a lot.... how throughout history people have been visited by "beings," aliens, angels, entities, ghosts, etc. It's all just a label for something unexplainable.

I've never had your experience of not remembering if something happened in the waking life or the dream life. For me it's always been very clear which is which.

A good "trick" that I've learned to practice while I'm awake is to turn on and off the light switch when I enter a room, so that it becomes habit. Then, we I am dreaming I tend to do the same thing, and that allows me to know that I'm dreaming because the light in the room cannot change when you're dreaming! Also, look at digital clocks when you're dreaming and you'll realize that you're not awake because it will look like some weird alien language.

I have had terrifying experiences while lucid dreaming. I've read up on astral projection and I've tried to leave my body several times and float around the room. For some reason, this makes me nauseous just thinking about it. When I've started to leave my body I always get absolutely terrified and wake up and it makes my heart skip a beat.

Also, I've experiences where I couldn't leave the dream. I kept "waking myself up" in the lucid dream state and after several moments I would realize that I wasn't awake. The worst part is that it'd seemingly go on for HOURS. Actually, no, the worst part is that in these inescable dreams I'm always accompanied by a horrible goblin creature of some sort. It is sooo weird... whenever I encounter this creature in a dream I'm always like "oh no, here we go again" and the little fucker gives me a sly smile.

The other night, I dreamed that my father was digging a hole and I was like "whats up dad what're ya digging for? and he was like "oh nothing son, just digging your grave." At which point I felt shitty so I was like "don't worry about that dad, let me do the digging. It is, after all, MY grave." lol

re: ^^that^^ my daughter is able to wake up from a dream, remember it...tell herself that she wants to continue that same dream when she goes back to bed at night...and then continue it

i've tried but don't have the ability to do that

i do however have recurring dreams and each time i either remember more or there is more detail to remember....i think the latter

sorry that you have nightmares with aliens and goblins that haunt you

do you keep a dream diary?
    Post edited by StillHere on
    peace,
    jo

"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • I have very vivid dreams sometimes. Sometimes my dreams are crazy worlds and sometimes when I wake up it is hard to decide what was a dream and what was reality.
    Idris wrote:

But the biggest kick is this, we are all in a dream world right now...the 'reality' is here too, we are just so lost that we can't see the wood from the trees.

It bends my mind when I think about things like that...that life is nothing but a dream...but is it my dream or your dream or totally someone/something else's dream? i guess we won't know until one of us wakes up.

i also believe that there is so much more than what meets the eye...or brain

and if we could only find a way to tap into that...we'd be amazed and blown away by what "reality" truly is

do you believe that we travel through space and time and lives with the same group of souls .... in various incarnations....throughout our lives? whether they be parents, siblings, children, pets, enemies or friends....and that we may change those roles in order to gain the experiences we need to grow?

ever wonder why you meet someone you've never met before and you instantly don't like them...or...better...you feel as if you've known them all of your life? ever think about why that would be?
    peace,
    jo

I have very vivid dreams sometimes. Sometimes my dreams are crazy worlds and sometimes when I wake up it is hard to decide what was a dream and what was reality.

oh exactly!~
    peace,
    jo

edited September 2011

sooooo....do you believe in another plane of existence? in spirits? ghosts? or do you believe that we dream all that? what about waking experiences?

i have had one experience kind of like an astral projection but not in the classic sense...where we were traveling in the southeast and needed to stop to use the ladies room but were on a long stretch of nowhere-land and i said aloud to my friends something like "if we get off at the next exit and make a left, there is a little general store w gas etc etc etc...we can stop there" and so we did...and there was...and i KNEW exactly what to expect..how it would look..and could have sworn i'd been there before.....but i had not...never even been close to the state we were in...not before and not after....so ...although it wasn't an actual out of body experience...it was kind of like that ... like a memory...or esp? who knows but i'll never ever forget that

i have one particular dream where inside the dream i am in astral projection and i can see a scene taking place at the dinner table where a woman has put poison in my salad....i see her because while i am at the table "in real life" i am also floating above the scene and can see things that my "real" self cannot. i have been told that i talk aloud and scream "noooooo" while having this dream. inside the dream the floating me is screaming "noooo" at the me at the table to warn myself not to eat the poisoned food .... i never know whether or not i do actually eat it. i think that i wake myself up with the yelling/screaming and the dream never progresses

i have a series of a continuing saga of "memory" type dreams about meeting/knowing a certain person when i was a teenager and i wonder all the time if i really did meet him and its an actual memory coming out in these dreams or if my mind has created an elaborate fantasy disguised as memories....very hard to describe
    Post edited by StillHere on
    peace,
    jo

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,812
    Idris wrote:
    Yeah love lucid dreaming! I tend to go flying, as I love the feeling of it... :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__p_MbzZ6LE
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,718
    StillHere wrote:
    Idris wrote:

It bends my mind when I think about things like that...that life is nothing but a dream...but is it my dream or your dream or totally someone/something else's dream? i guess we won't know until one of us wakes up.

and if we could only find a way to tap into that...we'd be amazed and blown away by what "reality" truly is

do you believe that we travel through space and time and lives with the same group of souls .... in various incarnations....throughout our lives? whether they be parents, siblings, children, pets, enemies or friends....and that we may change those roles in order to gain the experiences we need to grow?

ever wonder why you meet someone you've never met before and you instantly don't like them...or...better...you feel as if you've known them all of your life? ever think about why that would be?

Very cool- thought provoking- ideas here, Jo. Even though I have none of the answers, I like the mystery of it all.
    :)
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,718
    My most lucid dreams are of music. The first and most lucid ever came to me in 1970 just after Jimi Hendrix died. I was 19 at the time and a huge fan. I'd seen Jimi play twice.The first time was in October, 1968 and, standing outside on the sidewalk at Winterland, I heard him doing a sound check- no band, just Jimi. The show was great of course, but the sound check was other-worldly. Two years later he was gone and shorly thereafter I had this dream: I drempt that I was in a dark space by myself- maybe a meeting hall or a church. In front of and a little higher than me, Jimi was standing behind a podium with his guitar playing new music. The closest I'd ever heard to this was the soundcheck but this was new and even more other-worldly music. Jimi was beautiful in fantastic colors, head thrown back, playing music of the gods. We were alone and the only light was shining on Jimi and his guitar. The music was soaring and shimmering and I was completely entranced. I woke up and sadly remembered he was gone... gone.
    A dream? I don't know- it still seems real when I think about it.

My other lucid music dreams have involved me playing guitar. In these dreams I've created songs, riffs, or musical pieces I've never heard and in the waking world I've never come near to reaching those levels of writing or playing- not even close. I'm just not that good on this plane and that's ok I suppose... but kind of a bummer not being able to share the dream songs. I wake up and- POOF!- they're gone.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    edited September 2011
    yes.
    Post edited by ShimmyMommy on
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
    brianlux wrote:
    My most lucid dreams are of music. The first and most lucid ever came to me in 1970 just after Jimi Hendrix died. I was 19 at the time and a huge fan. I'd seen Jimi play twice.The first time was in October, 1968 and, standing outside on the sidewalk at Winterland, I heard him doing a sound check- no band, just Jimi. The show was great of course, but the sound check was other-worldly. Two years later he was gone and shorly thereafter I had this dream: I drempt that I was in a dark space by myself- maybe a meeting hall or a church. In front of and a little higher than me, Jimi was standing behind a podium with his guitar playing new music. The closest I'd ever heard to this was the soundcheck but this was new and even more other-worldly music. Jimi was beautiful in fantastic colors, head thrown back, playing music of the gods. We were alone and the only light was shining on Jimi and his guitar. The music was soaring and shimmering and I was completely entranced. I woke up and sadly remembered he was gone... gone.
    A dream? I don't know- it still seems real when I think about it.

My other lucid music dreams have involved me playing guitar. In these dreams I've created songs, riffs, or musical pieces I've never heard and in the waking world I've never come near to reaching those levels of writing or playing- not even close. I'm just not that good on this plane and that's ok I suppose... but kind of a bummer not being able to share the dream songs. I wake up and- POOF!- they're gone.

very cool dreams.

even more cool...awesome that you got to see jimi perform. wow! i was just a couple of years too late for that..and following the dead around by the mid 70s :) but i sure do remember being blown away the first time i heard his music.

OOPS just realized i have....sorry for taking over your thread he still stands :oops:
    peace,
    jo

• StillHere wrote:
    i also have experiences of not being able to tell for sure whether certain memories are of a dream or an actual event because the dreams are so vivid and real. i actually sometimes have to ask someone if we really did that or not....i guess they might wonder about this a bit
    At least now I know I'm not the only person who can't always tell my dreams from reality. My dreams are very vivid but they tend to be about mundane things.

Edit: I also got to see Jimi live, about 6 months before he died.
    Back on topic now everybody. ;)
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    StillHere wrote:
    Idris wrote:

Well maybe I should not say that this world is a 'dream world', but rather a world that is transitory. So in this way I refer to it as a dream world, as it does not last.

Read Plato's works, he speaks quite a bit about the reality. Aristotle has tons of work about it also. Charles dickens also has a great take on it!
    StillHere wrote:

oh and one can tap into the reality...... :ugeek:

But what else can I say about this, other than

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noble_Eightfold_Path

Find the balance, life's algorithm and you will be where you need to be.
    Idris wrote:
    StillHere wrote:

thanks for the back and forth. i have my own beliefs on these things ... though i'm always open to further enlightenment
    peace,
    jo

StillHere wrote:
    Idris wrote:
    StillHere wrote:

thanks for the back and forth. i have my own beliefs on these things ... though i'm always open to further enlightenment

I love talking to people, so thanks back at ya! :D
    --
    question...what do you believe? why do you believe it? and can it be proved?

Read Platos Thaetetus dialogue,
    Idris wrote:
    question...what do you believe? why do you believe it? and can it be proved?

Read Platos Thaetetus dialogue,

its complicated and convoluted at times but i believe that dreams are helping to carry us along the pathways that we've chosen....not here...but Before Here. I believe that we all choose our destination, and that we as souls need to experience many lives and many paths with many experiences in order to come closer to perfection in the grand scheme of things. I don't know who or what is, or even if there is a creator...or such as portrayed in theological writings...of any ilk. But I do believe in reincarnation....and that we choose our destinies before we arrive in this body, on this plane...and that although sometimes we may feel as if we are straying from those paths we are actually only sidelining for a bit and will continue on the basic path we have chosen to experience for this lifetime. I believe that some dreams, the most profound, most vivid, most outstanding, may be our subconsciousness striving to stay connected with and steer us on that path. I also believe that we travel through lives and worlds with a group of souls, and that those souls are incarnated around us in various familiar forms in each reincarnation.....maybe we recognize them (on the inside) for who or what they are and have been, or maybe we don't.....but i believe that we all need to experience different paths...and that taking these forms allows us to do that. For instance, in this world..when you first lay eyes on the person who will eventually become your partner/spouse in life, you feel a connection to them. You feel drawn to them. I believe that person has been in our lives before...possibly in some other form...human or otherwise. Same when you meet someone and you dislike them immediately without ever knowing them.....I believe that we have known them...just not here and now. As far as pathways go....we need to experience all things and so if we were a bully in a past life...perhaps we are bullied severely and treated badly in this life...but we have chosen this path...we have decided upon it because we need to understand and feel and know what we have inflicted upon others in the past in order to grow from these experiences. I could go on and on and on and on...but does any of this make sense at all?

Anyway...as for dreams I think that they guide us..help to keep us on track...and that sometimes they are memories from other times and other places....(for instance in one of my posts up the page here...when I knew what was at a certain intersection of a road in a state I'd never been to...while not a dream, per say, you get my drift, right?)

Why do I believe it? I can only say because of so many ...many many many ... experiences I have had....waking and otherwise. Because of strong connections that have no other basis in this physical world. And many other things.....
    However...
    As far as can it be proven? No of course not...except within my own beliefs and experiences.
    peace,
    jo

• tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    Interesting thread. I've certainly been in states where I believe I have either 'received' things from some kind of external channel, or else 'uncovered' them from a deep part of the subconscious. I am not really sure which..... I'm referring to very detailed ideas and images which I've never encountered before - but then subsequently (sometimes even years later) discover are intrinsic parts of a rare religion or something. Quite a few religions that have never had contact with one another have been found to share specific ideas and images. For me this relates to the stuff we experience in dreams - is it a collective unconscious kind of thing, or are we also more receptive to external forces, whatever they may be?
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
    tremors wrote:
    Interesting thread. I've certainly been in states where I believe I have either 'received' things from some kind of external channel, or else 'uncovered' them from a deep part of the subconscious. I am not really sure which..... I'm referring to very detailed ideas and images which I've never encountered before - but then subsequently (sometimes even years later) discover are intrinsic parts of a rare religion or something. Quite a few religions that have never had contact with one another have been found to share specific ideas and images. For me this relates to the stuff we experience in dreams - is it a collective unconscious kind of thing, or are we also more receptive to external forces, whatever they may be?

or a deja vu? perhaps. happens to me all the time

i find it truly fascinating that even in isolated tribal areas there are similar beliefs as in major religions. not the same deities but ultimately the same principals.
    peace,
    jo

• tremors wrote:

this reminds me of Joseph Campbell and his book The Hero With a Thousand Faces. It talks about the similarites of an underlying message across religions and myths, and how the "divine messages" or whatever they are are acquired.
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    yes.
    yes. exactly.
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    StillHere wrote:
    .and that we choose our destinies before we arrive in this body, on this plane...and that although sometimes we may feel as if we are straying from those paths we are actually only sidelining for a bit and will continue on the basic path we have chosen to experience for this lifetime.
    I totally agree with this. I've heard them referred to as 'option lines', and we choose which one to address in this life, or which one we want to challenge us in an effort to further understand it for the next life (or for the other side, or for one's spirit). whew..not enough time to get into this at the moment. :)
    And someone mentioned astral projection; I tried this once (after many months of practice), and had a very unique and vivid experience in a dream as a direct result of it. It was powerful.
    EmBleve wrote:
    StillHere wrote:
    .and that we choose our destinies before we arrive in this body, on this plane...and that although sometimes we may feel as if we are straying from those paths we are actually only sidelining for a bit and will continue on the basic path we have chosen to experience for this lifetime.
    I totally agree with this. I've heard them referred to as 'option lines', and we choose which one to address in this life, or which one we want to challenge us in an effort to further understand it for the next life (or for the other side, or for one's spirit). whew..not enough time to get into this at the moment. :)
    And someone mentioned astral projection; I tried this once (after many months of practice), and had a very unique and vivid experience in a dream as a direct result of it. It was powerful.

do tell :)
    peace,
    jo

EmBleve wrote:
    yes.
    yes. exactly.

confused by this...nothing new i suppose :roll: :oops:
    peace,
    jo

• StillHere wrote:
    EmBleve wrote:
    yes.
    yes. exactly.

By me? I didn't have time to post earlier and I didn't know how to tag this thread otherwise. Sorry. :?

I think I do lucid dream. I have had varying experiences over my life. Currently, I have ones where my little son and I play or go for walks, I can "feel" when he holds my hand. It's kind of funny, as it feels so real. Then when I hear a sound or something, it feels like I am "jolted" back, and I wake up. My son usually wakes too, but falls back asleep rather quickly. I usually remember those dreams too. I sometimes can read things in my dreams. Maybe I am just overtired, and am not really sleeping as deeply as I should be.
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
    StillHere wrote:
    yes.
    yes

By me? I didn't have time to post earlier and I didn't know how to tag this thread otherwise. Sorry. :?

I think I do lucid dream. I have had varying experiences over my life. Currently, I have ones where my little son and I play or go for walks, I can "feel" when he holds my hand. It's kind of funny, as it feels so real. Then when I hear a sound or something, it feels like I am "jolted" back, and I wake up. My son usually wakes too, but falls back asleep rather quickly. I usually remember those dreams too. I sometimes can read things in my dreams. Maybe I am just overtired, and am not really sleeping as deeply as I should be.

oh.... :lol: i thought i was not getting something here

very cool that you both are awakened at the same time when you are dreaming...wonder if he's having the same dream? interesting
    peace,
    jo