she won the lottery

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    RKCNDY wrote:
    No alcoholic whipped cream, but drank Ed's wine. Mike handed me a pick, I was fifthelement's ticket buddy. Someone (alex) lost hid phone in Calgary, someone found it, posted a message if someone could pick up his phone for him since he was already in Edmonton. So we drove an hour out of the way to get it for him...this was karma at its finest!

:thumbup: :clap:
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Crap, I thought she'd be so smitten with the lottery win, entranced by the pick, and drunk from the wine that I'd be able to catch up on the post count...
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    RKCNDY wrote:
    No alcoholic whipped cream, but drank Ed's wine. Mike handed me a pick, I was fifthelement's ticket buddy. Someone (alex) lost hid phone in Calgary, someone found it, posted a message if someone could pick up his phone for him since he was already in Edmonton. So we drove an hour out of the way to get it for him...this was karma at its finest!
    :thumbup: :thumbup:
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Sara is my most dear friend on the board.. She is fucking awesome!! and fucking crazy!! and a huge NWA fan!! and a great karaoke assassin!! and a Detroit fan!! and a great guest!! and hopefully, well, certainly a good host for Bridge School.. Bus 1, Grady's, Country View, Lionel, Mt. Clemens.. Girl is live yo!!!

and a nut job....

:lol:

she cracks me up. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    RKCNDY wrote:

8-)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Lottery night... time of your life! :D

Congrats!
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    RKCNDY wrote:

:thumbup:
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    how does one enter the lottery? i've saw them 149 times. always from 33 miles away or further.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • RKCNDY wrote:

:thumbup: Awesome!
  • AWESOME! 8-)8-)
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,673
    chadwick wrote:
    how does one enter the lottery? i've saw them 149 times. always from 33 miles away or further.

I'm guessing you don't have very good luck ;)
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • love u Lisa..thanks :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    81 wrote:
    Sara is my most dear friend on the board.. She is fucking awesome!! and fucking crazy!! and a huge NWA fan!! and a great karaoke assassin!! and a Detroit fan!! and a great guest!! and hopefully, well, certainly a good host for Bridge School.. Bus 1, Grady's, Country View, Lionel, Mt. Clemens.. Girl is live yo!!!

and a nut job....

:lol:

she cracks me up. :lol:

and she's the best person to exchange crackhead stories with! :D :thumbup:
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    When I saw this on fb I was so pleased for you! :D
  • Sara won the lottery!!! 2nd row!!! soo lucky!!
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13

i saw he gang signs on facebook...i called her a thug :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

Did you see the "balls in you mouth" sign? and she is gonna be right in front of Ed!! fukn funny.. :lol:
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13

Did you see the "balls in you mouth" sign? and she is gonna be right in front of Ed!! fukn funny.. :lol:

OHHHH RIGHT !!!!!! :lol::lol:

she might get some love from him tonight :)
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Sara won the lottery!!! 2nd row!!! soo lucky!!

it's fixed.....

congradulations Rye. :D
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    hahahaha as it turns out I DID NOT win the lottery. We read our tickets wrong. But the seats were great and the show was epic so it was a win. Plus when Ed made a comment about the front rows not rocking out I was able to say it wasn't me. 8-) I was just bummed that he didn't get to see my "We (heart) Balls In Your Mouth" sign.

But so awesome that RKCNDY and fifthelement won. They were so stoked! So happy for for them!
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    hahahaha as it turns out I DID NOT win the lottery. We read our tickets wrong. But the seats were great and the show was epic so it was a win. Plus when Ed made a comment about the front rows not rocking out I was able to say it wasn't me. 8-) I was just bummed that he didn't get to see my "We (heart) Balls In Your Mouth" sign.

But so awesome that RKCNDY and fifthelement won. They were so stoked! So happy for for them!

I think the "We (heart) Balls In Your Mouth" sign needs to become a permanent fixture on the next US tour...and whoever is lucky enough to win the lottery, gets to hold it up for Ed to see ;):D
    RYEzupSF wrote:

bummer....just looking at your ticket, and it does look like a second row seat. what section were you in?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • this needs to be a sticky

Mods please?
  • Do EITHER of you need a date...Just putting myself out there for either of you.
    I here if you need me. :D
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    RYEzupSF wrote:

Well, at least you got to experience the "I won the lottery glow" at the preparty for quite a while. But one of the worst texts I got on the trip was your "I read my tickets wrong, we didn't win the lottery" text ... ugh. You took it like a freakin' champ though. Certainly better than I would have.

RYEzupSF wrote:

Couldn't agree with this more.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    RYEzupSF wrote:

Something similar to that happened to me at the New York show at MSG May 20, 2010. I looked at the tickets and saw the word FLOOR and something like row B and got real excited. Then examined them closer and checked the seating chart on the wall and realized it was the very last section at the back of the floor. Luckily that section was elevated and it was a great show.
    When I was lucky enough to win the lottery in Bristow, the person at the 10C window actually told me I won..then everyone around me knew because there were many joyous profanities spewing out of my mouth! :lol:
    I wonder if they do this at all shows...probably would help with any guessing or confusion about where the seats are...

Of course I didn't believe it 100% until I actually went to my seats...because I'm crazy like that. :lol:
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    So a friend of mine won the lottery for Vancouver...2nd row. When i talked to him, he was like, "I've been to 30+ shows and never won the lottery!"

Don't know his board name, but 'yay!' for him!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • RKCNDY wrote:
    So a friend of mine won the lottery for Vancouver...2nd row. When i talked to him, he was like, "I've been to 30+ shows and never won the lottery!"

That might of been South of Seattle really great guy congrats to you and wellcome to my world 8-)
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    RKCNDY wrote:

That might of been South of Seattle really great guy congrats to you and wellcome to my world 8-)

It wasn't South, my buddy doesn't live in West Seattle... :lol:

Congrats South!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless