Strange Food Concoctions

twisted thoughtstwisted thoughts Posts: 4,377
edited September 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Inspired by the "Steak & Ketchup" and "Schweddy Balls" Threads, it seems we need a thread simply dedicated to all the strange things we eat. Steak and Ketchup is not as strange as originally thought, so lets hear it! What do you eat that would make others cringe at the thought?

For me, Im one of those people that dont like my differnt foods touching on the plate. Unless of course its mashed potatoes and corn. Those get mixed up for one delightful bite!!!

Otherwise, my input is meager, but i'll start it off:

1. Vanilla Bean ice cream + Capt'n Crunch Cereal
2. Banana Sandwich - (Toast, Butter, Banana, Sugar)
(Seeing these two snacks side by side like this, I now realize that they would make a wonderful meal) :lol:
Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I like bagels and mustard.
  • danisdanis Posts: 58
    1. Vanilla Bean ice cream + Capt'n Crunch Cereal
    2. Banana Sandwich - (Toast, Butter, Banana, Sugar)
    (Seeing these two snacks side by side like this, I now realize that they would make a wonderful meal) :lol:

I love your #2 with cinnamon and #1 I'd rather have it with french fries though.

Another favorite is cold black beans with ketchup.
  • agfyagfy Posts: 133
    My dysfunctional dad would eat a peanut butter and mayo sandwich like they were going out of style! :shifty: :wtf:
    " I'll ride the wave where it takes me"
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    My father used to take a slice of white bread, shred it into bite-sized pieces, and submerge the pieces in a tumbler of milk. Then he would eat it with a spoon, and drink the milk.

I think it had something to do with being a kid during the Great Depression.

Or maybe he was just weird, I'm not sure.

How about the traditional New England supper, which for me consists of a turkey hotdog cut into coins, a can of brown bread, steamed, and a vegetarian baked beans.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • How about the traditional New England supper, which for me consists of a turkey hotdog cut into coins, a can of brown bread, steamed, and a vegetarian baked beans.

CANNED bread?
    You New Englanda's are crazy 8-):lol:

Seriously though..Is that like Spam brand or what? I have never heard of such a thing.
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• How about the traditional New England supper, which for me consists of a turkey hotdog cut into coins, a can of brown bread, steamed, and a vegetarian baked beans.

brown bread, oh my GOD, it's been years since I've had that.

it is definitely a New England staple.

Reminds me of my late nana.

I'm the pickiest eater in the world, so I don't have any strange combinations because I only eat like 5 things. :lol:

and most of those things are meat and potatoes.
  • I heart Avacado and munster cheese sandwiches

brown bread, oh my GOD, it's been years since I've had that.

it is definitely a New England staple.

Reminds me of my late nana.

I'm the pickiest eater in the world, so I don't have any strange combinations because I only eat like 5 things. :lol:

and most of those things are meat and potatoes.

being from n.e. I rather enjoy the canned bread, however I have not had in in quite some time
  • I had a peanut butter and banana sandwich once..It wasn't bad, either..
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AalGvzGyZJs

;):lol:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i eat a pretty normal life
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • norm wrote:

Yep, that's me, if I don't recognize it, I ain't eatin' it :lol:

that tomato thing was hilarious and absolutely TRUE.

I loved George Carlin, was supposed to go see him once and the show was cancelled, never got the chance after that. :(
  • Back in college we used to eat Popcorn Sandwiches. I think it was just something we craved when we were high, and it's just like it sounds, microwave popcorn smashed between two slices of bread. No condiments or anything, just popcorn and bread.

My roommate used to eat other crazy things that I wouldn't even touch with the munchies. Like his version of nachos that he called "Ghetto Nachos". It was slices of American Cheese melted over Ruffles. And he could do 101 things with Ramen Noodles, some of them actually quite good, others that were just wrong.

He also put ketchup on his eggs, which made my stomach turn. But I put Tobasco on mine, which he thought was gross. So to each their own I guess.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
    Back in college we used to eat Popcorn Sandwiches. I think it was just something we craved when we were high, and it's just like it sounds, microwave popcorn smashed between two slices of bread. No condiments or anything, just popcorn and bread.

My roommate used to eat other crazy things that I wouldn't even touch with the munchies. Like his version of nachos that he called "Ghetto Nachos". It was slices of American Cheese melted over Ruffles. And he could do 101 things with Ramen Noodles, some of them actually quite good, others that were just wrong.

He also put ketchup on his eggs, which made my stomach turn. But I put Tobasco on mine, which he thought was gross. So to each their own I guess.

Ketchup on eggs...yum!
    norm wrote:

Yep, that's me, if I don't recognize it, I ain't eatin' it :lol:

that tomato thing was hilarious and absolutely TRUE.

I loved George Carlin, was supposed to go see him once and the show was cancelled, never got the chance after that. :(

yep i'm the same...and yeah, i won't eat tomatoes because of the way they look yet i love ketchup :D

speaking of ketchup, i guess my weir combo would be i like to mix it with mustard and dip fries into it 8-)
  • norm wrote:

That's rat's asshole Don... :lol::lol:
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • me too on both those counts

probably the weirdest thing I do is put ketchup on cucumbers

oh and I don't put milk in my cereal, yet I drink a glass of milk while I'm eating cereal
    norm wrote:

That's rat's asshole Don... :lol::lol:

well it sure makes a helluva fondue!! :lol:
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    I heart Avacado and munster cheese sandwiches

That sounds so damn good. Both are amazing. I believe that avocado is in the same realm of peanut butter and bacon in terms of completely and utterly amazing food.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Speaking of muenster cheese, melt lots of that deliciousness over some brussels sprouts and it's probably my most favorite treat of all time!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Speaking of muenster cheese, melt lots of that deliciousness over some brussels sprouts and it's probably my most favorite treat of all time!

:crazy: :-? :puke:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • And he could do 101 things with Ramen Noodles, some of them actually quite good, others that were just wrong.
    ^^^^
    Oh man...thats some gangsta prison shit right there. I used to know a few bad seeds myself that spoke of ramen ruffles casserole. :lol:

I really cant think of anything else strange that I eat right now.
    I did have a McGriddle last week. Thats a wonderful combo right there imo.
    Cut out all the utensils and just throw all the breakfast goodness into a sandwich!!
    pancake infused w/ syrup (( ham/egg/cheese )) pancake infused w/ syrup
    Genius!!

• rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    don't know if this qualifies as strange but our post-show snack back at the hotel while at Alpine was cheese curds and tostitos with rum and diet lime coke/reisling wine
  • Sonja_SSonja_S Posts: 444
    My father used to take a slice of white bread, shred it into bite-sized pieces, and submerge the pieces in a tumbler of milk. Then he would eat it with a spoon, and drink the milk.

I think it had something to do with being a kid during the Great Depression.

Or maybe he was just weird, I'm not sure.

My grandmother did the same - almost every day. I always thought it was disgusting. Then again, I used to put a chocolate bar between 2 pieces of white bread and eat it like a sandwich. The spooky thing was that my grandmother said my dad used to do the same but I'd never seen him do it, so I guess I can blame the genes :lol:
    You can tell a man from what he has to say - Neil & Tim Finn
    They love you so badly for sharing their sorrow, so pick up that guitar and go break a heart - Kris Kristofferson
    office mate is in the kitchen making a pea's and tomato soup concoction. :?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Tuna fish and mustard. Just the sight of it makes me :sick:
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Siracha on lots of stuff...

Siracha on fish sticks
    Siracha on mashed potatoes
    Siracha on cottage cheese
    Siracha on fries
    Siracha on quinoa

I really don't eat it with everything...like steak, I don't put it on steak because that's wrong.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,793
    I remember in an episode of Home Improvement Tim & Al faced off in a battle of who concoct the strangest food. I don't remember who won but i do remember Al telling Tim hi may be the strangest but his was more edible or something like that :lol:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    RKCNDY wrote:

Siracha on fish sticks
    Siracha on fries
    Siracha on quinoa

I really don't eat it with everything...like steak, I don't put it on steak because that's wrong.

what is Siracha??

on a side note, the GF doesn't care for Old Bay seasoning, so when we go shopping I sneak it into the cart to see when she notices it... :mrgreen:
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    RKCNDY wrote:

Siracha on fish sticks
    Siracha on fries
    Siracha on quinoa

i approve of this post :thumbup:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com