FANTASY FOOTBALL ADVICE SHARING THREAD

he still standshe still stands Posts: 2,835
edited December 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Post your lineup questions, share advice, ask for it, etc... HERE!

week 3:

I'm in a ($50) 16 team league... choices are VERY limited once injuries start happening!

locked in;

RB - M. Turner and S. Greene
WR - A. Johnson and B. Marshall
TE - J. Graham
DT - Philly
K - R. Gould

questions:

who do I start at the flex position?

Tolbert (RB) [questionable]
F. Davis (TE)
K. Moreno (RB) [questionable]
D. Hester (WR)
R. Helu (RB)

also... Matt Ryan (QB) is banged up. Do I start him or go with Kyle Orton? or pick up an available QB; M. Cassell or A. Dalton?

THANKS! :D
Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    what the cuss is going on with arian foster? ... i have michael turner, foster and hightower at RB ...
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    polaris_x wrote:
    what the cuss is going on with arian foster? ....

he had a hamstring issue in the presesason...seems to be fucking up the regular season.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    what the cuss is going on with arian foster? ....

he had a hamstring issue in the presesason...seems to be fucking up the regular season.

should i go with foster this week against the saints or hightower vs. dallas?
    i'd go hightower....go chance foster misses this week....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    i'd go hightower....go chance foster misses this week....

man that's not looking good for you. Hightower is going to be replaced by Helu this year... maybe sooner than later.

But yeah, Foster is probably out this week, so play Hightower while he is still the starter for Washington.
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    My 3 starting WR's are:

Greg Jennings
    Roddy White
    Steve Smith (CAR)

I have Deion Branch on the bench but with the yardage Brady has been racking up, should I start him? And if so, who should I bench? Having a tough time with this one.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • youngster wrote:
    My 3 starting WR's are:

Greg Jennings
    Roddy White
    Steve Smith (CAR)

I have Deion Branch on the bench but with the yardage Brady has been racking up, should I start him? And if so, who should I bench? Having a tough time with this one.

you can't bench Jennings or White, unless they're injured.

Steve Smith is putting up huge numbers and I'd stick with him for now.

Branch is a good option too... but not quite as good as the other 3, IMO. you're loaded at WR!
  • this will likely depend on info that is provided at 12:55pm on Sunday, but...

Ben Tate or Ahmad Bradshaw in a 0.5 ppr?
  • NoCode416 wrote:
    this will likely depend on info that is provided at 12:55pm on Sunday, but...

Ben Tate or Ahmad Bradshaw in a 0.5 ppr?

tough one... but I'd go with Tate.
  • so, no one answered my question!!!

F. Davis (TE)
    D. Hester (WR)
    R. Helu (RB)

F. Davis (TE)
    D. Hester (WR)
    R. Helu (RB)

if you want to play it safe, then stick in Davis in there... but i would wait until Tolbert's status is provided... Chargers should be running the ball a good bit in the second half this Sunday.
  • NoCode416 wrote:
    so, no one answered my question!!!

F. Davis (TE)
    D. Hester (WR)
    R. Helu (RB)

if you want to play it safe, then stick in Davis in there... but i would wait until Tolbert's status is provided... Chargers should be running the ball a good bit in the second half this Sunday.

yeah that's what I was thinking. It disgusts me to think about putting a TE in my flex spot, but it does seem like a smart play. I think Helu is an interesting option as the season goes along. Tolbert is hit or miss... week 1 he had 3 touchdowns. Hester sucks. Moreno is a question mark.

F. Davis (TE)
    D. Hester (WR)
    R. Helu (RB)

Easy - Tolbert.

F. Davis (TE)
    D. Hester (WR)
    R. Helu (RB)

Easy - Tolbert.

I would normally agree... but he didn't look good last week (the other SD back is clearly better) and he is listed as Questionable. If it looks like he'll play closer to Sunday, then you're right.... Tolbert is the easy pick.
  • He is going to play. And he is the better back. Mathews may be faster, but Tolbert does everything else better.
    He is going to play. And he is the better back. Mathews may be faster, but Tolbert does everything else better.

they are using matthews as a combo back ... he's getting as much rushing yards as passing ...

edit: also, they are playing KC this week ... should be fantasy bonanza for everyone on SD ...
  • polaris_x wrote:
    He is going to play. And he is the better back. Mathews may be faster, but Tolbert does everything else better.

they are using matthews as a combo back ... he's getting as much rushing yards as passing ...

edit: also, they are playing KC this week ... should be fantasy bonanza for everyone on SD ...

hmm... yep I think Tolbert it is...

however, I'm sticking with my guns on Mathews. I watched the game last Sunday... he is dynamic with the ball... a star in the making. Tolbert is the dependable h-back type that will get you 3 yards and a cloud of dust and has good hands out of the back field.
  • I have a serious QB issue. Peyton Manning was suppose to be my starter. My back up is his lil bro Eli who is doing ok but his week 3 matchup projections seem terrible with all of his hurt WRs and strong Eagle's corners.

Should I pick up and start:

M Hasslebeck? Kyle Orton?
    or Rex Grossman? over Eli?

thoughts...
  • MM81698 wrote:
    I have a serious QB issue. Peyton Manning was suppose to be my starter. My back up is his lil bro Eli who is doing ok but his week 3 matchup projections seem terrible with all of his hurt WRs and strong Eagle's corners.

thoughts...

pick up Rexy and start him this week. I've seen him ranked as high as the #10 QB this week.
    MM81698 wrote:
    I have a serious QB issue. Peyton Manning was suppose to be my starter. My back up is his lil bro Eli who is doing ok but his week 3 matchup projections seem terrible with all of his hurt WRs and strong Eagle's corners.

thoughts...

pick up Rexy and start him this week. I've seen him ranked as high as the #10 QB this week.

i concur
  • I picked up Nelson from Buff on Waivers then proceeded to trade him :

Nelson WR

for

Wayne WR

Hightower RB

My team now :

Rivers QB
    Turner RB
    Hightower RB
    Ingram RB

Nicks WR
    Miles WR
    Maclin WR
    Wayne WR

Finley TE
    Gronkowski TE

Jankowski K

Bears/DST

Good trade ?
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    you got hightower and wayne for nelson? maybe i'm a trade snob but that seems retarded. (good for you)
  • Jamal Charles and Peyton Manning are all you n . . . wait. :oops:
    I knew it all along, see?
  • megatron wrote:
    you got hightower and wayne for nelson? maybe i'm a trade snob but that seems retarded. (good for you)

Yeah..originally we talked Maclin for Beanie and Wayne but I didnt want to move Maclin

He wanted Nelson on waivers but I got him..I was shocked he did the deal

:D
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    megatron wrote:

Yeah..originally we talked Maclin for Beanie and Wayne but I didnt want to move Maclin

anytime you can trade a waiver pick up its a no lose trade..i would never give anyone anyhting for a pick up this early but thats me :D
  • megatron wrote:
    megatron wrote:

anytime you can trade a waiver pick up its a no lose trade..i would never give anyone anyhting for a pick up this early but thats me :D

yeah that is great for you... just keep in mind Hightower is going to see his carries reduced as the season goes along. Helu is just more talented... and this is pretty much consensus opinion as of right now.
  • Jamal Charles and Peyton Manning are all you n . . . wait. :oops:

yeah, no kidding. I also have Miles Austin (he was on my bench for week 2) and it looks like he'll be staying there for a while longer.

also have diangelo williams and Lynch. neither have done shit
    MM81698 wrote:
    Jamal Charles and Peyton Manning are all you n . . . wait. :oops:

yeah, no kidding. I also have Miles Austin (he was on my bench for week 2) and it looks like he'll be staying there for a while longer.

also have diangelo williams and Lynch. neither have done shit

I have Miles as well...thankfully, i had Kenny Brit to back him up....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • HELP!

i'm in a 16 team league and with an injury or two... my options suddenly suck ballz.

Flex position;

Helu (RB Washington) vs St. Louis or
    Tolbert (RB San Diego) vs Miami

:!:

:?:
  • oona leftoona left Posts: 1,677
    HELP!

i'm in a 16 team league and with an injury or two... my options suddenly suck ballz.

Flex position;

Helu (RB Washington) vs St. Louis or
    Tolbert (RB San Diego) vs Miami

:!:

:?:

I hope you played Tolbert!

I actually have both these guys. Helu, I read, is "too talented" to remain a backup for long, and will supposedly be worth stashing. We'll see about that.