Options

Mini Posters

BigWave88BigWave88 Posts: 366
edited November 2008 in The Porch
Who buys these things? I see tons of them on ebay and can't figure out why.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I guess for those people who want one of those hard to find insanely priced posters they can buy a mini of it for a fraction of the cost and still admire the artwork.

that's all i can come up with
  • Options
    I get that and can understand weighing 200 bucks for full size or 10 bucks for the mini. But most of the posters that are mini are for posters that normally cost $40. So why go mini? Is it sellers trying to pull a fast one and get money from those who overlook the "mini" word?
  • Options
    I guess for those people who want one of those hard to find insanely priced posters they can buy a mini of it for a fraction of the cost and still admire the artwork.

Sounds about right.
    There's a lot to be said for nowhere...
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438

Maybe some people just like the small size. I've never really heard of them, but are they a size you could fit in a photo album? Then you could just look at it when you feel like it instead of hanging large posters on your wall. Of course people could have just bought the Pearl Jam book that had all the posters in it if they want small size.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,315
    BigWave88 wrote:
    I get that and can understand weighing 200 bucks for full size or 10 bucks for the mini. But most of the posters that are mini are for posters that normally cost $40. So why go mini? Is it sellers trying to pull a fast one and get money from those who overlook the "mini" word?

I think people "fall for this" quite often (especially those who don't quite understand the game). My sister tried to buy a poster for me as a gift and was horrified when she got it and it was a mini...people don't always read the fine print - thought that counts though, it was a really sweet gesture.
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    The minis are usually cut out of the ames book
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    13 MD, PHL I II, BK I II, BUF, PGH
    12 PHL
    11 EV PHL
    10 MSGI&II, NEW, Hartford, VA
    09 ACL, PHLI II III & IV
    08 CAMI & II, DC, MSG I & II, EV - NY I, Newark, DC I
    07 CHI
    06 CLE CAMI & II DC NJ I & II PIT CIN
    05 MTL OTW PHL
    04 PA
    03 ALB SC CAMI HER NJ
    00 JBII CAMI
  • Options
    I wanted to buy a full size poster, but don't have 70 bucks to get one, even though I love it and want it. The person who wanted to sell it to me was asking a fair enough price, I don't have any argument with him, he is right that it costs the same on auction sites around the world. So, I almost bought a whole set of mini posters for 20 bucks.

I think the answer is that some people can afford to pay for the big posters and some can't but would still like to have the memrobilia and still feed the kids at the same time.

However, having said that, I didn't buy the mini, because what would you do with it? I'll save up for the big one!
    we're all going to the same place...
  • Options

Good thing I wasn't in Prague in 96 cause then I would eventually have to throw down a grrr to get that poster. I will need to evenually spend in the $300 range each for two posters. Lansing and Detroit 98. Not looking forward to it, but oddly not considering the mini's either. :)
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,940
    Are these things legal? Like selling a CD-R?
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    piombapiomba Posts: 103
    they are not legal and are insanely stupid. talk about junk.
  • Options
    i think they pry on the stupid too.
    Tour with fucking NOFX
  • Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,323
    i think they pry on the stupid too.
    And clueless
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    they're legal. they're "carefully sliced out of" books like the ames book, or modern rock art book. they're legal, they're just stoopid.

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Options
    5against1-5against1- Posts: 1,101
    They are stupid save that money for a "real" poster you want or for the next tour.
    This too shall pass.....
  • Options
    drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    They're normal-size to midgets...
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Options
    They're normal-size to midgets...

+1

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,829
    at the end of the day people buy them and they are very very cheap next to the real thing, and probably the only chance for some people to have some of the art up on their walls. I bet some of them look good framed up....

They are certainly not for me, but I wouldnt shoot someone down for buying one if it fits their requirements.
  • Options
    i plan on getting a bunch and making a bar top out of them, thought it would look pretty kick ass
    Small my table, seats just 3, its not crowded, its just lucky me
  • Options
    i plan on getting a bunch and making a bar top out of them, thought it would look pretty kick ass

just buy the book and cut them out yourself. it'd be a lot cheaper...

although i agree that's a great idea and would look awesome