Options

The Death Penalty

Comments

• Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,210
    It's a very tricky topic. I'm against murder for murder. All life is sacred. But I'm also against the tax payer housing and feeding them the rest of their lives. What to do?
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    how can we get sickshits to just disappear? not prison, that's not disappearing. prison still is run by a prison staff. send the monsters they are up into space? put them on a far off island? we're too nice with these violent eejits. you could actually cram a twisted up freak who has enjoyed torturing & killing others, you could wedge him into a human cannonball thing & splat him into a brick wall... but wait, it gets better than that simple old trick... blast the weirdo into a ford pinto, blast him into a bridge, blast him into a cactus filled railcar on the high speed roll, one could simply aim the cannon at a few tacks or you could fire the cannon at a nascar race with the maniac sporting a checkered flag outfit. who doesn't need a good night's sleep?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick said:

how can we get sickshits to just disappear? not prison, that's not disappearing. prison still is run by a prison staff. send the monsters they are up into space? put them on a far off island? we're too nice with these violent eejits. you could actually cram a twisted up freak who has enjoyed torturing & killing others, you could wedge him into a human cannonball thing & splat him into a brick wall... but wait, it gets better than that simple old trick... blast the weirdo into a ford pinto, blast him into a bridge, blast him into a cactus filled railcar on the high speed roll, one could simply aim the cannon at a few tacks or you could fire the cannon at a nascar race with the maniac sporting a checkered flag outfit. who doesn't need a good night's sleep?

I rocked a pinto once. 6x9 box speakers in the back and a sweet Alpine cassette deck with a 7 channel amplifier. I thought I was pretty freakin' cool.

A Mercedes never stopped at a stop sign and punted me t-bone style. I never had my seat belt on. The pinto was spinning out of control and I was gripping the steering wheel with a 90 degree flexed bicep isometric contraction just hoping the car wasn't going to flip. It didn't and I ended up- with my car- in a real estate office across the street.

The entire ordeal, Jethro Tull's Aqualung was playing at max volume. Every time I hear that song... I'm taken back to that event in my life.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    ... but to the sickshits... yah I'm just not feeling the love for them either, Chadwick!

Best of the holidays to you.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826

chadwick said:

I rocked a pinto once. 6x9 box speakers in the back and a sweet Alpine cassette deck with a 7 channel amplifier. I thought I was pretty freakin' cool.

A Mercedes never stopped at a stop sign and punted me t-bone style. I never had my seat belt on. The pinto was spinning out of control and I was gripping the steering wheel with a 90 degree flexed bicep isometric contraction just hoping the car wasn't going to flip. It didn't and I ended up- with my car- in a real estate office across the street.

The entire ordeal, Jethro Tull's Aqualung was playing at max volume. Every time I hear that song... I'm taken back to that event in my life.
    Wow - yet another reason to hate Aqualung.

But glad you survived it, Thirty
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options

chadwick said:

I bet Hugh isn't lol!
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832

chadwick said:

I bet Hugh isn't lol!
    :open_mouth:
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    thirty bills undone,

that was a great little story. i enjoyed that. thank you for the visual.
    enjoy the rest of your holidays as well, mr.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick said:

thirty bills undone,

that was a great little story. i enjoyed that. thank you for the visual.
    enjoy the rest of your holidays as well, mr.

Cheers!
  • Options

chadwick said:

I bet Hugh isn't lol!
    A joke man.
  • Options

chadwick said:

I bet Hugh isn't lol!
    A joke man.
    I'm aware. I generally don't use smileys if I'm seriously annoyed.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

chadwick said:

I bet Hugh isn't lol!
    A joke man.
    I'm daft. Sorry.
  • Options

chadwick said:

I bet Hugh isn't lol!
    A joke man.
    I'm daft. Sorry.
    so am I. we're all in this together, 30.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    In his profile on Canadian Inmate Connect, Mark Twitchell writes, "I'm looking for an interesting, intelligent, open-minded, delightfully imperfect woman to relate to and share amusing observations with ... as well as potentially a long weekend every few months if it gets there naturally."

He is incarcerated for luring some poor guy to a garage where he murdered and dismembered him. His victim decomposes... and he tries to find love on a dating website while he chills in a country club. With any luck... he'll be granted parole in 25 years and get a fresh start.

Good thing he never wrote, "... as well as potentially a long weekend every few months where maybe... just maybe... I might lop off your head and eat you." Because... like... who would sign up for that?

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/dexter-killer-mark-twitchell-among-members-of-dating-site-for-inmates/ar-BBy4Czp?li=AAggFp5&ocid=edgsp
  • Options
    ^^^
    It is absurd he is still allowed to be on the internet. This boggles my mind more than Hillary losing the election.
  • Options

^^^
    It is absurd he is still allowed to be on the internet. This boggles my mind more than Hillary losing the election.

Well come on, man. He's got rights ya know.
  • Options

^^^

Well come on, man. He's got rights ya know.
    I do find it odd, but I googled "is the internet a human right?" and the UN has declared (back in 2011) it is.

https://www.wired.com/2011/06/internet-a-human-right/

A United Nations report said Friday that disconnecting people from the internet is a human rights violation and against international law.

The report railed against France and the United Kingdom, which have passed laws to remove accused copyright scofflaws from the internet. It also protested blocking internet access to quell political unrest (.pdf).

While blocking and filtering measures deny users access to specific content on the Internet, states have also taken measures to cut off access to the Internet entirely. The Special Rapporteur considers cutting off users from internet access, regardless of the justification provided, including on the grounds of violating intellectual property rights law, to be disproportionate and thus a violation of article 19, paragraph 3, of the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights.

The report continues:

The Special Rapporteur calls upon all states to ensure that Internet access is maintained at all times, including during times of political unrest. In particular, the Special Rapporteur urges States to repeal or amend existing intellectual copyright laws which permit users to be disconnected from Internet access, and to refrain from adopting such laws.

The report, by the United Nations Special Rapporteur on the Promotion and Protection of the Right to Freedom of Opinion and Expression, comes the same day an internet-monitoring firm detected that two thirds of Syria’s internet access has abruptly gone dark, in what is likely a government response to unrest in that country.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I can understand that it would be a human right given we are moving to a digital age and this is where most people access news.

Prisoners... in particular the mass murdering variety... have forfeited many of their rights.
  • Options

I can understand that it would be a human right given we are moving to a digital age and this is where most people access news.

Prisoners... in particular the mass murdering variety... have forfeited many of their rights.

I can see it in the context of the government not being able to take it away from the citizenry as a whole. but each individual doesn't, in my opinion, have the right unless they are able to pay for it/access it somehow. to me, being in prison does not apply.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    joseph33 said:

It's a very tricky topic. I'm against murder for murder. All life is sacred. But I'm also against the tax payer housing and feeding them the rest of their lives. What to do?

you know it really isnt a tricky subject... either you agree with killing people for revenge or you dont.

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options

joseph33 said:

you know it really isnt a tricky subject... either you agree with killing people for revenge or you dont.

Said in cleanest smoking jacket while puffing on a pipe fireside.
  • Options
    edited January 2017

joseph33 said:

;)

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    joseph33 said:

Since I don't subscribe to the all life is sacred club, that part isn't an issue for me. There are some lives that have more value to me, and others that have no value to me or to society in general. Sacred implies some sort of metaphysical, mystical belief that doesn't make sense to me.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    jeffbr said:

joseph33 said:

Since I don't subscribe to the all life is sacred club, that part isn't an issue for me. There are some lives that have more value to me, and others that have no value to me or to society in general. Sacred implies some sort of metaphysical, mystical belief that doesn't make sense to me.
    hmmm as a atheist i dont subscribe to the 'all lives are sacred' b.s. vis a vis religion. however i do not believe we have the right to take another life simply because theyve taken one... that to me smacks of a lack of compassion, a God complex aka absolute arrogance, and a supreme lack of imagination. taking a life i imagine is a hell of a thing and something to be taken lightly. it is not justice, simply revenge, which makes us just as bad as the murderer.

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options

joseph33 said:

;)

Haha

Glad you knew I was just messing with you.
  • Options

joseph33 said:

;)

Haha

Glad you knew I was just messing with you.
    i always know... plus if im gonna smoke, its gonna be a cohiba. ;):) lol

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177

jeffbr said:

joseph33 said:

hmmm as a atheist i dont subscribe to the 'all lives are sacred' b.s. vis a vis religion. however i do not believe we have the right to take another life simply because theyve taken one... that to me smacks of a lack of compassion, a God complex aka absolute arrogance, and a supreme lack of imagination. taking a life i imagine is a hell of a thing and something to be taken lightly. it is not justice, simply revenge, which makes us just as bad as the murderer.

We definitely have a couple of insurmountable disagreements about this. First, your "lack of compassion" premise. My compassion and concern is not for the convict, but rather for innocents, and for society. So my compassion is there, it is just pointed a different direction from yours. Second point of contention - justice vs. revenge. You can make this claim, I can make the counter claim. Revenge presupposes a vindictive motive. The revenge claim could be used against any and all forms of punishment if you wanted to. So we're at an impasse. I've mentioned a few times in this thread that the DP makes me queasy, and should only be used in cases where there is absolutely no uncertainty. If one has committed a crime as horrific as Roof with the same evidence against him and is convicted, then we are left with a person with no redeeming value, and a continued risk for the rest of his life. The logical solution for the benefit of society is to make sure the rest of his life is as short as possible. Not vindictive, not vengeful, not emotional, just logical.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    jeffbr said:

jeffbr said:

joseph33 said:

We definitely have a couple of insurmountable disagreements about this. First, your "lack of compassion" premise. My compassion and concern is not for the convict, but rather for innocents, and for society. So my compassion is there, it is just pointed a different direction from yours. Second point of contention - justice vs. revenge. You can make this claim, I can make the counter claim. Revenge presupposes a vindictive motive. The revenge claim could be used against any and all forms of punishment if you wanted to. So we're at an impasse. I've mentioned a few times in this thread that the DP makes me queasy, and should only be used in cases where there is absolutely no uncertainty. If one has committed a crime as horrific as Roof with the same evidence against him and is convicted, then we are left with a person with no redeeming value, and a continued risk for the rest of his life. The logical solution for the benefit of society is to make sure the rest of his life is as short as possible. Not vindictive, not vengeful, not emotional, just logical.
    Yup.
  • Options
    jeffbr said:

jeffbr said:

joseph33 said:

if youre brother was facing the death penalty would you be ok with his execution? define justice? i dont see taking a life as justice. i see it as you took a life so we aregoing to take yours. the death penalty serves no purpose other than to satisy society that something is being done, when in atuality it isnt. i acknowledge that the death penalty makes yo queasy... thats as it should be. it should give everyone pause. i disagree that execution is logical. killing someone regardless of the reasoning is never bereft of emotion and so can never be totally logical. for humans, emotion is overwhelming. we fight because of it... we fuck because of it... we love because of it. we make decisions based on it. emotion requires no logic and that is its major fault.... we hate the rapist... we despise the killer... we want them gone from our societyp so we dont have to deal with them. but what if the killer.... the rapist is someone we love? would we want to see them dead? i sure as hell wouldnt... sure id hate what they did but that doesnt mean id hate them. i cant agree that the logical solution would be to make the killers life as short as possible... afterall there is so much state sanctioned killing that goes on that makes me think whats the difference?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    I'm still on the fence after reading this if 50yrs is justice (in all likelihood she will die in a prison cell) or if it should have been the DP.
    Either way I hope she rots.
    http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/‘a-crime-so-horrific’-mom-gets-50-years-for-poisoning-burning-her-5-year-old-son/ar-AAnCmiA?li=AA59G3&ocid=spartandhp