YOUR idea of drinking in moderation....

2»

Comments

• In a 3-4 hour period, not working the nex day and considering that it is social event (night out or having friends over) I'd say:

1 bottle of red wine OR 6 beers OR 3 whiskeys OR 2 absinths

Of course this is not "moderation" for a daily basis... Only thing I drink daily is red wine, 1-2 glasses/day...
    ~Can't escape from the common rule
    If you hate something, don't you do it too...~
  • "I don't drink a few beers every night after work.... I wait until the end of the week and drink the whole fucking case."

"don't eat a few mushroom stems and see colors... eat the entire BAG and see GOD."
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    Moderation =
    about 20-24 oz of beer
    or 12 oz of wine
    or 1 shot of hard liquor

I rarely drink, and seeing people drink still makes me uneasy (childhood issue.) It's a big step for me to try wine at all, and I'm getting used to the idea of seeing people drink a glass of wine with dinner. Champagne is my favorite alcohol. Champagne over crushed ice is quite the snowcone treat.

The fact that I'm becoming ok with either trying a glass of wine or seeing people drink at events/meals is a big step in losing my fear - drunk people make me uneasy.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    What is this "moderation"?

Right there with ya. Moderation's for noobs.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • photos-of-diseased-liver-nb17982.jpg
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Going away for a bachelor party this weekend...there will be no drinking in moderation. Get back Sunday and I probably won't feel right until Tuesday!
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Bottled beer: 4
    Bottled light beer: 5
    Draft beer: 3

Shots: 0 (this is not a good thing for me)

Wine: 2 glasses

Hard liquor drinks: 2 but they'd better be weak (also not a good thing for me)

And under none of these circumstances would I be the one driving the car or the boat.

(Just and FYI for Dissidentman and Green Circle... I'm taking the T to meet you boys tomorrow night. Consider yourselves forewarned.)

8-)
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    photos-of-diseased-liver-nb17982.jpg

You can afford another one
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    One can of alcoholic whipped cream.
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • afroannnie wrote:

at Granfaloon's?
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
    afroannnie wrote:

at Granfaloon's?

I've never actually been there...but I would go for the alcoholic whipped cream. Will they have a smoking baby there to shoot it in my mouth?
  • a pony keg
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    afroannnie wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

at Granfaloon's?

I've never actually been there...but I would go for the alcoholic whipped cream. Will they have a smoking baby there to shoot it in my mouth?

i'm sure it can be arranged....where is Granfaloon
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    a pony keg

Giddyup.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • a pony keg

Giddyup.
    Unlost...could you please update your thread???
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=166401&start=90
    :D
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,950
    Ummmm, yeah. My idea of moderate drinking is watching others drink. Seems to work out better for all concerned that way!!! :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    81 wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

i'm sure it can be arranged....where is Granfaloon

I would imagine he's talking about the one in york,pa...
    I'm sure it's worth the drive from chicago.
  • "don't eat a few mushroom stems and see colors... eat the entire BAG and see GOD."[/quote]

I know what you're talking about.
  • About 10 beers and Im pretty good the next day.
    When I start hitting double figures I feel it in the morning.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,680
    I drink only draft pints so for me it can vary from 2-4 depending on the where and the when.

And since most if not all of my beer is sourced within 5 miles of where I live and drink it is always fresh!!

I also can ride my bike to and from 8 different microbreweries and brewpubs so hopefully no DWI!!!
  • 3 gin & tonics (hot weather)
    or
    3 scotch/rocks (cold weather)

I don't drink beer, but wine would be about the same - 3 glasses in 3 hours.

All of this is presuming snacks or at least something in my stomach from before I turned up.
  • a pony keg

Giddyup.

Moderation tonight?
    a pony keg

Giddyup.

Moderation tonight?

Are you kidding me? I took public transportation to work today so I can enjoy myself!

Mwahahahahahahaha.

Oh, I'm going to apologize in advance for vomiting into your bucket hat at the end of the evening.

• Giddyup.

Moderation tonight?

Are you kidding me? I took public transportation to work today so I can enjoy myself!

Mwahahahahahahaha.

Oh, I'm going to apologize in advance for vomiting into your bucket hat at the end of the evening.

Thank you, that sounds lovely.
    Moderation tonight?

Mwahahahahahahaha.

It's either that, or Boo Boo's fanny pack.

• Are you kidding me? I took public transportation to work today so I can enjoy myself!

Mwahahahahahahaha.

It's either that, or Boo Boo's fanny pack.

Not the one he purchased at Wrestlemania VI??
  • Who is this "Boo Boo" of which you speak?

and I believe thats WrestleMania XX not VI
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."