YOUR idea of drinking in moderation....

MASMAS Posts: 630
edited September 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
The gov says one thing, others say something else....

On a night out (3 hours approx), what is the amount of alcohol you could consume that would be considered "drinking in moderation"... which would mean getting buzzed, staying in complete control, and having zero illeffects the next morning.....

me personally I would say 4 coronas or 3 vodka/clubs......
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    3 or 4 beers
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • MAS wrote:
    The gov says one thing, others say something else....

On a night out (3 hours approx), what is the amount of alcohol you could consume that would be considered "drinking in moderation"... which would mean getting buzzed, staying in complete control, and having zero illeffects the next morning.....

me personally I would say 4 coronas or 3 vodka/clubs......

1/2 bottle of wine or about 3 beers
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • 6 x heineken
    1 x hip flask of whishhkey
    8 x shotssshhh
    2 more (hic) beers
    A bag o chips (fries)
    A half a beer that you thought was yours
    A tissue
    A shot of absynth
    A mattress

Then wake up and its time to hit the bar!
    RDS Dublin - Aug 26 1995 (Neil Young with Pearl Jam)
    Millstreet Arena - Oct 24, 1996
    The Point - Oct 26, 1996
    The Point - Jun 01, 2000
    The Point - Aug 23, 2006
    Wembley Arena - Jun 18, 2007
    Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009
    The O2 - Jun 22, 2010
    Odyssey Arena - Jun 23, 2010
    Manchester Evening News Arena - Jun 20 2012
    Amsterdam Ziggo Dome - Jun 26 2012
    Amsterdam Ziggo Dome - Jun 16 2014
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    6 beers
  • What is this "moderation"?
  • MASMAS Posts: 630

:lol:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    MAS wrote:

you've never done that. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    MAS wrote:

you've never done that. :lol:
    \

Too many times...
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    with dinner or snacks out we have a bottle or two of red

the second capped to take with ... in the trunk of course

then finish at home or have a nightcap ... Sambuca or Baileys

we only get crazy :P on nights spent at home
  • For me it would be 1-2 drinks.
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    I haven't been drinking as much as I used to so it only takes about 3 or 4 to get me buzzed.
  • 3-4.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
    any more...

i can drink and drink and drink and feel good the next day...

the key is to pace yourself. catch the buzz, then just maintian...

had 5 16oz beers and a nice sized bourbon on the friday before PJ20. felt fine sat. drank a bunch more on sat, although i lost count pretty quickly....but i felt fine sunday...other than the lack of sleep thing. could have drank more sunday without issue, but choose not to.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    6-8, depending on what kind of day i've had.
  • I never drink on Mondays.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    One bottle of red wine and one red wine bottle filled with red Gatorade.
  • DS1119 wrote:

Disturbingly, when I spill red gatorade on my counter it stains almost instantly.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    The older I get, the more painful the next day.

Drinking in a 3-4 hour period without being drunk or feeling like crap the next day... 4-5 beers or 2-3 gin and tonics.
    DS1119 wrote:

That is fuckin hysterical
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Enough to loosen up, but not enough to hamper your speech, thought or balance.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    moderation? what is this?
    i first heard and began to learn what the word and definition of moderation meant about 2 years ago.
    i am 39. this is a bad sign. but i did learn its meaning and outcomes if that line is crossed, which it was often.

other than that i cannot add anything of a decent balance here as i don't ever remember doing as such.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • chadwick wrote:
    moderation? what is this?
    i first heard and began to learn what the word and definition of moderation meant about 2 years ago.
    i am 39. this is a bad sign. but i did learn its meaning and outcomes if that line is crossed, which it was often.

other than that i cannot add anything of a decent balance here as i don't ever remember doing as such.

You have been posting in moderation today.
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    A drink an hour keeps my buzz going without getting wasted, although I would stop at 5 drinks in 1 night now otherwise I am a write off the next day - not fun having a hang over when the kids wake you up at 6am :x
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    tinkerbell wrote:
    A drink an hour keeps my buzz going without getting wasted, although I would stop at 5 drinks in 1 night now otherwise I am a write off the next day - not fun having a hang over when the kids wake you up at 6am :x

you need to train those kids better. ;) mine know that i wake up when i wake up. theyre 12 and 14 now so theyre pretty much self sufficient.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    For me it would be 1-2 drinks.

+1

But that number may change after this week. :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    tinkerbell wrote:

you need to train those kids better. ;) mine know that i wake up when i wake up. theyre 12 and 14 now so theyre pretty much self sufficient.

They are getting better - can turn on the TV and play for an hour or so but they are only 6 and 4 so if I leave them alone for too long my house would be turned upside down.
    all you need is love, love is all you need
    that reminds me...there is burning river in the fridge
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 5-6 beers and I'm good the next day. Once it gets past that, it's a different story.
  • 5-6 beers and I'm good the next day. Once it gets past that, it's a different story.

I could probably drink 2 beer an hour for a few hours and be fine... or a bottle of wine over the course of a night.

Liquor, on the other hand, is my nemesis. I haven't had as much luck drinking that the past few years. It seems that it takes just a few drinks and I'm hurting the next day. A) I'm getting old or B) I drank way too much liquor from 18-26 and my body is now rejecting it.
  • Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.