Steak and Ketchup

1789101113»

Comments

• peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    DS1119 wrote:
    I only eat my steak with ketchup. I usually get a lot of weird looks at restaurants. Is this really that weird?

It's a fucking disgrace to steak
  • MaxGoldenrodMaxGoldenrod Posts: 1,341
    To each his own, but ketchup is for hamburger (burgers or meatloaf).

My step dad puts ketchup on EVERYTHING, except meatloaf. He's an odd one.
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276

mustard is for hamburgers
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

mustard is for hamburgers

I prefer both mustard AND catsup on burgers
  • rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    waiting.jpg

Nothin sets off the flavor a steak like some ketchup.

Ketchup on steak is fucked up.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    I started putting catsup on my hot dogs :fp: :fp:
    LloydXmas wrote:

Catsup and mustard on hot dogs is awesome
    LloydXmas wrote:

Catsup and mustard on hot dogs is awesome
    Used to hate it but my kids put catsup on everything (except steak)
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    LloydXmas wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5JIpT4GkyM
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    LloydXmas wrote:
    I do too. I'm not one of those asshole Chicagoans that's gonna tell you how to eat your food.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    LloydXmas wrote:
    I do too. I'm not one of those asshole Chicagoans that's gonna tell you how to eat your food.
    Yeah, it's weird that anyone cares! I can personally take or leave it on my hotdogs... if there is also mustard, relish, onions, hot peppers, and sauerkraut, I will definitely skip the catsup.
    What's really good on hot dogs is cream cheese.... That's a Seattle thing I believe. Delicious!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    LloydXmas wrote:
    Yeah, it's weird that anyone cares! I can personally take or leave it on my hotdogs... if there is also mustard, relish, onions, hot peppers, and sauerkraut, I will definitely skip the catsup.
    What's really good on hot dogs is cream cheese.... That's a Seattle thing I believe. Delicious!

FUCK YEAH! Nothing tastes better than sweating ass in a hot stuffy club at an awesome show and then you walk out into the cool crisp night and inhale the wonderful smell of grilled onions and fresh cooked dogs...the cart is right there on the sidewalk...the guy sets up just as the last song is being played so he's all ready. They probably put half a block of cream cheese on your dog.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Anyone else like mayo on their hod dogs? :mrgreen: Yummy lol

I do it all - Mustard only, ketchup only, mustard and ketchup, mayo and ketchup, etc..just depends on my mood.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    I HATE steak and can only eat it if I drown it in ketchup. I also hate steak sauce.

I also really like ketchup. I don't put it on everything, but when I do use it, I use half a bottle at a time.

If you've never tried it, I recommend ketchup & pickle sammiches. White bread, sandwich slice pickles (kosher dill, though bread & butter works but it's a totally different flavor) and dress with ketchup.

Yummy.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    to each their own, but then again, I dip my breakfast sausage in my Pancake syrup
    aqo2t.jpg
    pjradio wrote:
    to each their own, but then again, I dip my breakfast sausage in my Pancake syrup
    I thought everyone did that. :P
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    pjradio wrote:

they do?! All my friends think I'm nuts
    aqo2t.jpg
    pjradio wrote:
    johnsonville maple breakfast sausage is amazing
    pjradio wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    pjradio wrote:

they do?! All my friends think I'm nuts
    Maybe it's more of a Canadian thing? I don't think I know anyone who had sausages and syrup available in the same meal who wouldn't combine them. Yummers!
  • MaxGoldenrodMaxGoldenrod Posts: 1,341
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    pjradio wrote:
    If you don't, you should. Pure maple goodness.

A good BBQ sauce on any grilled/smoked sausage is fabulous too
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?