Drinks seem more powerful at a bar

2»

Comments

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    now gosh darn it, i gotta admit, a beer in a frosted ass mug sounds pretty frickin good right about now.
    jesus...

no can do. sorrycharley.
    piss me off.
    :lol: i am a dick
    and now i am sad :(

hangmans-noose.jpg
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    :shock:

be good chad..be good.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

we need an expert to make a ruling on this...d-man?

Beer aficionados say never to chill a beer glass. It will dilute the beer, alter the taste, etc.. However there is nothing like the look and feel of a nice frosted glass full of fermented goodness in the summertime.

proper beer should be served at cellar tempature. call it 45-55 degrees depending on the beer....

if you are really lucky, you will visit a bar with a beer engine.... 8-)

Gotta kill that cask in less than 48 hours. Thirsty?

8-)
    Gotta kill that cask in less than 48 hours. Thirsty?

8-)

you got cask beer?????

with a beer engine????

cause if you do....i know where we are going on vacation next.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    81 wrote:

be good chad..be good.

i am being well-behaved, promise. so much so that i am boring.

a pool table, juke box goin, smoky bar, and a few good friends slammin down a few pitchers of something cold. i have some nice memories of this stuff. is the alcohol stiffer at a bar? no. if anything the booze is weaker but im sure it isn't. one is just out having fun giving the impression of more potent alcohol

i used to dislike when a bartender served up whiskey shots in thimbles. i am hoping dissman runs his establishment with some common sense for christ sakes.
    thimbles? really?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    81 wrote:

be good chad..be good.

i am being well-behaved, promise. so much so that i am boring.

a pool table, juke box goin, smoky bar, and a few good friends slammin down a few pitchers of something cold. i have some nice memories of this stuff. is the alcohol stiffer at a bar? no. if anything the booze is weaker but im sure it isn't. one is just out having fun giving the impression of more potent alcohol

i used to dislike when a bartender served up whiskey shots in thimbles. i am hoping dissman runs his establishment with some common sense for christ sakes.
    thimbles? really?

:lol: we got shots at the cubby bear down after a game once....and they were in thimbles.....that's just insulting.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • This theory will be tested tonight by a fellow PJ'er!! Leeze in Detroit tonight!! Lets see if these Germans can drink!!!
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
    This theory will be tested tonight by a fellow PJ'er!! Leeze in Detroit tonight!! Lets see if these Germans can drink!!!

Leeze is in Detroit...damn...i missed her at PJ20....road trip...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    This theory will be tested tonight by a fellow PJ'er!! Leeze in Detroit tonight!! Lets see if these Germans can drink!!!

She is freaking out in a Jeep right now.. her words "I have never driven a car this big!! I feel American" hahahahaha!
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    81 wrote:

You should have come to the pre-party...she was there...the mosquitos ate her alive...they must really like German blood.
    oh and Seattle blood too...RKCNDY got some bites too.
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....