hospitals, distance, memories, and stuff (mom's cancer)

13»

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    best wishes to you and your mom chad.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    Wishing the very best to your mom today.... And may you enjoy a well deserved break today.

You have gone above and beyond - you are a wonderful son ( don't feel otherwise )....
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    i did it for 6 years chad and both my dad and i had to take many breaks...you take care of yourself and my thoughts are still with your mom
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    norm wrote:
    i did it for 6 years chad and both my dad and i had to take many breaks...you take care of yourself and my thoughts are still with your mom
    this is very nice. everyone's thoughts are well held close to the heart. thank you, thank you, every one of you.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Good luck Chadwick.
    You're in good hands at the UIHC. I used to work there (surgical pathology) years ago. Great hospital, great physicians! I now work in cancer research and we often work with oncologists there...great group!

Good luck!
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    I'm a bit late (as always), but love to your mum and you x
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    during such a long ordeal, it is important to take breaks. During my dads final 6 months, my mom made a point of going out on her own for an hour or two everyday....that still allowed her 12 hours a day to spend with my dad. We had a caregiver who was around while my mom went off on her own.

I bet your mom is happy that you are getting a break.
    today's the big day
    a 6 hour operation for mom
    !!!fuck

http://youtu.be/XEmPr525z5w
    good tunes on the road though a must
    y'all have a good day
    looks like we're oughta here
    chow
    http://youtu.be/qbarRhsY7n0

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Hearts and thoughts, buddy!
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    good thoughts to you chad~~~~~~>>>>>> icon_hug.gif
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    chad, how's mom?
    mom is getting along real well. she can talk, have a conversation. when asked if she remembers me being there lastnight she replies, i remember you saying bye. so all is good so far

spent 12 -14 hrs in, at or around, to, or from the hospital
    this includes 3-4 hr drive time total
    easy stuff compared to what's on mom's end
    frig that

during surgery doctors call to the front desk and give updates
    this is a nice feature
    after surgery they come see me and we talk
    with her history of lung weakness they elected to place her in ICU to be safe
    this morning they were moving her out of ICU because she is doing well

in the nearest of futures i will be writing different poetry pieces on all this
    it's running around in my head currently

one thing... the university iowa hospital & clinics is one fine group of brilliant, caring people. they are professional beyond any doubt and very much up to date on every frickin thing, in fact, they are one of the best hospitals for eyes in the world.

her surgery was all robotic which is good due to her bleeding a lot.

the ass quality in iowa city hospital is unrealistic. you believe you are totally dreaming because the female nurses, doctors and other staff members are all in excellent shape. each employee walks 7-9 miles each day without a doubt in my mind if not further and fast too.

here i am with my cane crawling/hobbling along like a caterpillar or dr. house m.d. :lol: not those folks.

we're talkin full on kickin ass smart little shits

and it's an art gallery...the art pieces & the assfest as well :twisted:

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Excellent news! It's always such a relief to know that someone you love is in good hands (by asserrific people).
    serious...unrealistic assfest iowa city university hospital & clinics

thank you, hedonist
    thank you very much

and thank you pearl jam for the kick ass music
    y'all are boss
    i could not make it without you...without music
    without music listening i am toast & broken
    your band plays in my car to & from the hospital each and every time...all the time
    music makes a dude teary, peal jam does

thank you, everyone

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    so happy the surgery went well chad

now you've got me wanting to go to iowa to check out the hospital ass :lol::lol::lol:
    norm wrote:

now you've got me wanting to go to iowa to check out the hospital ass :lol::lol::lol:
    dude they be some smokin ass women up in there and smart as shit too. it is out of control & 9 times out of 10 should be illegal but they aint. thank god im a country boy ...in iowa

i think that's a song like

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    norm wrote:

dude they be some smokin ass women up in there and smart as shit too. it is out of control & 9 times out of 10 should be illegal but they aint. thank god im a country boy ...in iowa

i think that's a song like
    Yeah, back when I worked at the UIHC...I was always excited about going to work!! :lol: Ass fest for sure!!! :thumbup:
    Did you get a chance to go downtown? Talk about assfest! Haha, well, maybe not so much right now as the students are on break for summer...

Glad your mom is doing better!!
    mca47 wrote:
    Yeah, back when I worked at the UIHC...I was always excited about going to work!! :lol: Ass fest for sure!!! :thumbup:
    Did you get a chance to go downtown? Talk about assfest! Haha, well, maybe not so much right now as the students are on break for summer...

thank you, sir. and thank you, everyone. it has been a mess around here lately but the mess seems to be lifting.

i have not made my way downtown as of yet on this run. i have been down that way many times over the years. it is a parade of healthy, smart feminine ass. again, i use the word, unrealistic... :lol:

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

thank you, sir. and thank you, everyone. it has been a mess around here lately but the mess seems to be lifting.

i have not made my way downtown as of yet on this run. i have been down that way many times over the years. it is a parade of healthy, smart feminine ass. again, i use the word, unrealistic... :lol:
    :lol::lol: