hospitals, distance, memories, and stuff (mom's cancer)

Comments

• EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    That was a long day.. I hope things continue to go well. My mom just had a PET scan yesterday, which is a nuclear med test. From what I gather, nuclear medicine basically consists of the patient receiving radioactive chemicals/pharmaceuticals either intravenously or orally, and are then scanned to determine cellular function and physiological processes (based on the interaction with the medicine). It is more detailed than just imaging studies i.e. xrays or traditional cat scans because it can determine more the extent of function of a particular system. This is how I understand it, anyway...if this is wrong, anyone please correct me. :mrgreen: Continued positive thoughts for you and your family.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    good morning all. what a day. holy smokes. i would guess mom does not appreaciate this tune very much as i played it a few times in a row to wake the fuck up during this morning dark hours of driving to the horsepistal.

http://youtu.be/IFdBBXBZNSM

mom's cleared of bone cancer. she has good blood flow and blood pressure. all is clear and ok for surgery in december. the 7th of december is pre-op that morning, surgery is on the 15th. today was done with little to no sleep on both of our accounts. i think i got a solid 3 hours or less then drove around iowa like a grouch. i splashed water in my face and dumped it on my head as i drove, which is my old truck driving skill/trick i used to do.

mom served up coffee and blueberry muffins and did not enjoy this morning's pearl jam lick.

what a frickin day... now i'm off to swim my mile :crazy:
    hope y'all are well
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • JzPJzP Posts: 933
    Make sure you wear your floaties:D
    Don't want no drowning happening here..
    ~JzP
  • tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    chadwick wrote:
    good morning all. what a day. holy smokes. i would guess mom does not appreaciate this tune very much as i played it a few times in a row to wake the fuck up during this morning dark hours of driving to the horsepistal.

http://youtu.be/IFdBBXBZNSM

mom's cleared of bone cancer. she has good blood flow and blood pressure. all is clear and ok for surgery in december. the 7th of december is pre-op that morning, surgery is on the 15th. today was done with little to no sleep on both of our accounts. i think i got a solid 3 hours or less then drove around iowa like a grouch. i splashed water in my face and dumped it on my head as i drove, which is my old truck driving skill/trick i used to do.

mom served up coffee and blueberry muffins and did not enjoy this morning's pearl jam lick.

what a frickin day... now i'm off to swim my mile :crazy:
    hope y'all are well

Glad to know despite the struggles that things are clear. Enjoy the swim......
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    great news :D
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    I am glad she was cleared for surgery. :mrgreen:

I hope you are getting some rest and taking care yourselves.

Sending lots of healing love, light and hugs. :mrgreen:
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
    :thumbup: Glad to hear that. Continued best wishes!!! My mom's plight also continues, as she found out some bad news yesterday from the PET scan she had. After 5 years, it now appears as though it is back. Makes one really contemplate life. Stay strong, you are not alone, and salut and strength all around. Positive thoughts to you and yours.
    EmBleve wrote:
    :thumbup: Glad to hear that. Continued best wishes!!! My mom's plight also continues, as she found out some bad news yesterday from the PET scan she had. After 5 years, it now appears as though it is back. Makes one really contemplate life. Stay strong, you are not alone, and salut and strength all around. Positive thoughts to you and yours.
    thanks. be well all around

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    EmBleve wrote:
    thanks. be well all around
    +1. :)
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    Hey Chadwick, i know how hard this is for you. i have had to deal with both my parents having cancer (sadly they didn't make it) its a long battle and very exhausting but make sure to take care of yourself. its very important to remember that you can't help others unless you take care of yourself.

i wish your mom and you the best of luck and stay strong.
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Good news for your mum Chad!

Hang on in there :)
    love you mom. good night and sleep well.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:

How is she?

For some reason was a little worried when you posted that. Not sure why.
    Claireack wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

How is she?

For some reason was a little worried when you posted that. Not sure why.
    mom is a stubborn shit and that's good. she's still meaner than a female jackal in heat on a blistering day in the savannahs of africa.

mom is good, she means well and today we're off like a herd of turtles to the iowa city university hospital. while we're there i'll be exploring a bit. they have some mighty fine artwork and i am bringing a bag of goodies along with us; a dictionary, a pablo nerudo poetry book, a notebook, 6 pens - each w/ different colored ink, a cooler for our picnic and one bottle of blue machine naked drink. i have my little hitter and bottle in my pocket. soon it is on like donkey kong.

i hope you all good folks have a spectacular day today. problem is i gotta go home first before leaving. i left this morning w/ a pile of cds. problem is i never brought along any grateful dead. that is a sin and will not be acceptable.

today mom gives more blood, CT scan, and a meeting w/ doctors about the tumor on her kidney and if it has grown.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    I hope things go well today, and you and your mom will be in my thoughts.
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Hope all goes well Chadwick. Good thoughts coming your way.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Hope all goes well Chadwick. Good thoughts coming your way.
    From here too.

Stubbornness + son-by-side = strength for your mom.

You keep strong as you can, too.
    thank you, folks. looks like surgery is quickly approaching. the tumor on her kidney has grown and they will be removing it sometime soon. today mom drank these two glasses of this horrible bullshit. it looked bad to me just watchin her try to get that stuff down. yuck

now mom is home safe and sound. as we rolled into town this evening we went by the post office on the way home. bam.............. i have mail. i have a key. open special box........bam....... 10club renew membership stuff.

the day ended on a great note. excited; i danced a jig on the way back to the car. :clap:
    http://youtu.be/iq6aqJx9CWw
    expect im not this girl and yes the kilted men magically did appear to serenade me on my dancing of the jig

if you can get national geographic magazine, get august 2011. the wildest place in north america, land of the spirit bear.
    http://guardingthegifts.org/uncategoriz ... ainforest/

pipeline vs' British Columbia rainforest

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • curlygirly9curlygirly9 Posts: 1,872
    Best Best Best Best Wishes to you and your family.
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
    Best Best Best Best Wishes to you and your family.
    thank you very much, curlywhirlygirly9 :mrgreen:

mom's been up since 2am. she didn't sleep real well. @ some point she made homemade biscuits for this morning's ham and eggs. frickin yummers

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    Your mom sounds like a powerhouse. Sending good vibes your way.
    ELITIST FUK
    SD48277 wrote:
    that is an understatement. she kicks frickin tail badly.

thank you thank you

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • curlygirly9curlygirly9 Posts: 1,872
    SD48277 wrote:

Totally! She's a trooper :)
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
    maybe we can have a strong day of good thoughts and whatnot for mom. today she's off to see her cancer doctor's about her kidney. i didn't go this time, she had a friend drive her. this is the very first time i stepped out and someone else stepped up to help out. in a way it feels good that she has a friend helping out and we all get a break from each other.

i have been the good son for 40 years now. sometimes i need a fucking break. i do not feel bad that someone else has helped out today. but i will be the one who drives on the day of surgery. today is the 2 week visit w/ doctors before the day of surgery. no tests today that i am aware of. she sees anesthesiologist and a few other clinics.

fucking crazy = my family. but we are trying.... at least some of us are
    today is my first break in so many years it is unreal

fuck

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Enjoy your break; you deserve it, need it.

My best thoughts to you and your mom.
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    Good thoughts for your mom and you. Enjoy your break.
    ELITIST FUK
    hedonist wrote:
    Enjoy your break; you deserve it, need it.

My best thoughts to you and your mom.
    +1
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I did not have a break from my Mama, it is one of things I most cherish now,
    at the time though, it was sometimes overwhelming.

All that you do comes back to you, yours to keep.
    Others missed so much, they feel that now instead.

So ... it is filled up or it is empty ... our choice and sometimes no choice.
    We are the lucky ones. :D
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    hope all goes well.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg