Pink Lemonade

Comments

• Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    btw..packers fan sound hot!!! :mrgreen:

And that, my dear dimpled friend from Greece, is a FACT!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • shepshep Posts: 5,761
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    shep wrote:

I would be too if I was a packers fan! :P

:x :x :x

:lol::lol:

I'll probably be on the "pink lemonade" thursday night if the steelers lose to the titans... :fp:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Mamasan23 wrote:
    btw..packers fan sound hot!!! :mrgreen:

And that, my dear dimpled friend from Greece, is a FACT!
    i can see it with my own eyes that it is a FACT!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    shep wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    shep wrote:

I would be too if I was a packers fan! :P

:x :x :x

:lol::lol:

I'll probably be on the "pink lemonade" thursday night if the steelers lose to the titans... :fp:

:lol::lol::lol:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • :mrgreen:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • shepshep Posts: 5,761
    :mrgreen:

Dimi, what's in your pink lemonade?

:corn:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • pink-lemonade-rs-1618664-l.jpg
  • later tonight
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    Oh my goodness, now I'm new to this pink lemonade phenomenon, well in fact I've never tried it as I scored a big FAIL on finding the tailgate at APV last year, but that's a whole other story &&& it looks like this is the pink lemonade thread! :o

Now I researched pink lemonade before & found this history:
    "According to Josh Chetwynd, author of the book, "How the Hot Dog Found Its Bun," there are two main claims to the title of pink-lemonade inventor -- and neither of them sound very thirst-quenching. The first attributes this beverage to a salesman, by the name of Pete Conklin, who sold concessions at the circus. When working a shift in 1857, he ran out of water to make his lemonade (with no access to a nearby well or spring).

Rather than lose out on business, "Pete sprinted into the dressing tent and came across Fannie Jamieson, one of the show’s bareback riders. She had just cleaned her pink tights in a vat of water, leaving the liquid looking a deep pink hue." He used the water without a second thought, and sold it as "fine strawberry lemonade." It's reported that he "did double the business of ordinary refreshment and, allegedly, ushered in a new style of the drink."

The second claim to pink-lemonade fame is also a result of a lemonade mishap. According to a 1912 New York Times article, Henry E. Allott -- a circus promoter, saloon-keeper and gambler -- was the originator of this drink. "One day while mixing a tub full of the orthodox yellow kind he dropped some red cinnamon candies in by mistake,” the newspaper wrote. “The resulting rose-tinted mixture sold so surprisingly well that he continued to dispense his chance discovery.” This article, written after Allott had passed away, claims that he invented this drink as a teenager, which would date it to roughly 1872-1873 -- 20 years after Conklin's story."

Just fascinating, also rather curious I know. :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • morello wrote:
    Oh my goodness, now I'm new to this pink lemonade phenomenon, well in fact I've never tried it as I scored a big FAIL on finding the tailgate at APV last year, but that's a whole other story &&& it looks like this is the pink lemonade thread! :o

Now I researched pink lemonade before & found this history:
    "According to Josh Chetwynd, author of the book, "How the Hot Dog Found Its Bun," there are two main claims to the title of pink-lemonade inventor -- and neither of them sound very thirst-quenching. The first attributes this beverage to a salesman, by the name of Pete Conklin, who sold concessions at the circus. When working a shift in 1857, he ran out of water to make his lemonade (with no access to a nearby well or spring).

Rather than lose out on business, "Pete sprinted into the dressing tent and came across Fannie Jamieson, one of the show’s bareback riders. She had just cleaned her pink tights in a vat of water, leaving the liquid looking a deep pink hue." He used the water without a second thought, and sold it as "fine strawberry lemonade." It's reported that he "did double the business of ordinary refreshment and, allegedly, ushered in a new style of the drink."

The second claim to pink-lemonade fame is also a result of a lemonade mishap. According to a 1912 New York Times article, Henry E. Allott -- a circus promoter, saloon-keeper and gambler -- was the originator of this drink. "One day while mixing a tub full of the orthodox yellow kind he dropped some red cinnamon candies in by mistake,” the newspaper wrote. “The resulting rose-tinted mixture sold so surprisingly well that he continued to dispense his chance discovery.” This article, written after Allott had passed away, claims that he invented this drink as a teenager, which would date it to roughly 1872-1873 -- 20 years after Conklin's story."

Just fascinating, also rather curious I know. :)
    wow Jenny!!
    wow Jenny!!
    :lol::lol: Why thank-you! 8-)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
  • morello wrote:
    wow Jenny!!
    :lol::lol: Why thank-you! 8-)
    :lol:;)
  • ill make a party with ouzo later 8-)
  • ok..

i think now..i have pink lemonade suplies for 2013 and 2014... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

safter Shannon..

susan sent me a huge package..

wow..thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    ok..

i think now..i have pink lemonade suplies for 2013 and 2014... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

safter Shannon..

You are very welcome! :D
    ELITIST FUK
  • SD48277 wrote:
    ok..

safter Shannon..

You are very welcome! :D
    :D:D
  • party with pizza :)
  • 8-)
  • ill try some new style today.. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • 8-)
  • ;)
  • i forget to bting some with me here :fp:
  • woot
  • time to made some!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • i really have so many of this around.. :lol:
  • ill drink to the end of the world...
    Ok, I think I'm gonna have to do the pink food coloring thing over my holiday to semi-requite my need to try this dang stuff!! :?
    <hr>