'Pearl Jam Begin Work on Ninth Studio Album' - from Rolling Stone

Comments

• Options
    Wow!

This is gonna be sweet!
  • Options
    EquallyWorthlessEquallyWorthless Posts: 3,993
    ejny wrote:
    My guess is the album would be out late winter/early spring '09.

i would think they would want to shoot for the Christmas 08 market but early 09/ spring 09 is more realistic.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    knittedknitted Posts: 244

"Brendan works really fast," Pearl Jam bassist Jeff Ament told Billboard.com in March. "He's a super pro. I've always felt, working with him, that he understood me as a bass player and that's not always easy. A lot of producers are there to please the singer. But I've always had a great rapport with him. I can tell him I want something to sound like the O'Jays...[/i]

okay, so which pj song has a bass sound like the o'jays?
    http://www.sublime-retro.net

when my ears ring, my heart beats
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,268
    i would think they would want to shoot for the Christmas 08 market but early 09/ spring 09 is more realistic.

I think if, and only if it comes out in '08

It will be before the November elections.Not to say PJ can sway an election, but they would be open to inspire
  • Options
    darthvedder81darthvedder81 Posts: 688
    I wouldn't be surprised to see some strings used on the new album. I remember McCready saying that's something they'd like to try someday. They sort of played with that on "Parting Ways" but it would be interested to hear strings used on the more up-tempo stuff (ala Zepps "Kashmir").
    So this life is sacrifice...
    6/30/98 Minneapolis, 10/8/00 East Troy (Brrrr!), 6/16/03 St. Paul, 6/27/06 St. Paul
  • Options
    Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
    Very exciting news. Thanks for the post!
  • Options
    NoGrapesNoGrapes Posts: 50
    sweeeeeet!!!!!!
  • Options
    Right on! Also means another tour is coming (hopefully including Atlanta!!)! New CD sometime next year = happiness!
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,526
    B.O.B......thats fucking awesome.

And, I stated before.......February 09.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    gusturtlegusturtle Posts: 440
    knitted wrote:
    okay, so which pj song has a bass sound like the o'jays?

sweet lew
  • Options
    woodsiewoodsie Posts: 17
    awsome news cant wait. maybe a world tour too.
  • Options
    uglybabouglybabo Posts: 518
    When they toured Canada they presumably had the album finished, or close to it. They didn't play any new songs; do you think this was because of the official bootlegs?

I think there's a good chance we'll hear one or two new songs on this east coast leg.
  • Options
    bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,072
    mwilmot4 wrote:
    I think there's a good chance we'll hear one or two new songs on this east coast leg.

I concur.
  • Options
    Bangers_n_mashBangers_n_mash Posts: 1,241
    Did someone say Rolling Stone magazine? :D

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=5IcZ2yBcvFQ
    uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹ,ǝʍ 'punoɹ ʎɐʍ ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ ןןɐ s,ʇı
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    I'd be thrilled if PJ keeps anything like the schedule they did in 06. A May release, 2 100'+ Gorge shows in July , and an OZ tour in November so I can leave fall in PA and enjoy three weeks of Spring down under. I would like to see Asia and South Africa tour dates also.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    Did someone say Rolling Stone magazine? :D

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=5IcZ2yBcvFQ

What is strange is that he did this interview after the photo...

'Vedder's conversation with Rolling Stone's David Fricke covered the future of the music industry, selling out to advertisers and how being a father has changed him.'

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/17168320/the_rolling_stone_40th_anniversary_issue
  • Options
    Dogman3Dogman3 Posts: 330
    I'm excited!

I just hope it isn't a snoozefest like Binaural.
  • Options
    potluckpotluck Posts: 170
    im sure it will be incredible...im excited.

Im not going to say thanks for posting the thread but I will say thank you to Pearl Jam for not waiting forever to do it.
    06/24/1998 SD
    10/12/2000 KS
    06/13/2003 IA
    06/15/2003 ND
    06/16/2003 Mn
    06/21/2003 WI
    10/05/2004 MO
    10/08/2004 FL
    09/08/2005 MB
    09/09/2005 ON
    05/17/2006 IL
    05/19/2006 MI
    07/02/2006 CO
    08/05/2007 Lolla
    06/14/2008 B'roo

Kill Fascists.... or at least make them realize what they are.
  • Options
    Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
    Here's hoping for a late 08 release.....
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    Cool. Thanks
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    t4p:)! can't wait for the new album !!!
    "You're the eve of my destruction in the garden of fears"
  • Options
    E.BloomE.Bloom Posts: 188
    Yeah! That`s what I`m talking about:D
    we were but stones,your light made us stars

Dublin 06
    London 07
  • Options
    If the next album is anywhere near as good as No Code I'll be very happy.

:D
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
    If the next album is anywhere near as good as No Code I'll be very happy.

:D

I'll second that statement
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • Options
    chaslilchaslil Westminster CO Posts: 306
    mwilmot4 wrote:
    No problem.

I also like the fact that this confirms the Who show.

When I go to the link, the reference to the Who show on VH1 is not there.
    Charles
    "The Who is my life. Pearl Jam is my retirement"
  • Options
    soulshinesoulshine Posts: 120
    mwilmot4 wrote:
    "Pearl Jam have begun work on early demos for their ninth studio album *— which will be their first with producer Brendan O’Brien since 1998’s Yield, according to guitarist Mike McCready.

“It’s really in its infant stages right now,” McCready tells Rolling Stone. “We have about five ideas that have been worked on.” The band, whose last album was 2006’s well-received Pearl Jam, isn’t sure yet about the direction of the new release. “Brendan is another set of ears that we respect, and he’s going to give us a different way to go but I don’t know what that is yet,” McCready says. The band has already had one session with O’Brien, and will probably resume work on the album in July after finishing their June U.S. tour. (Also in July, the band is planning to appear on VH1’s Rock Honors special, which will honor PJ faves the Who.)"

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2008/05/02/pearl-jam-begin-work-on-ninth-studio-album/

yipeeee!

Considering yield is my absolute fave pj album, I am thrilled their working with Obrien again!
    Make sure the fortune that you seek
    Is the fortune that you need ~ BenHarper

http://www.myspace.com/soulshine70
  • Options
    VOLITIONVOLITION Posts: 328
    I hope this album rocks really hard
    "it feels like it's the end of the world and we all got a good seat. you know -- step right up, get your tickets...here we go."

- EV
  • Options
    chaslil wrote:
    When I go to the link, the reference to the Who show on VH1 is not there.

You're right; maybe they removed it because it hasn't been confirmed as of yet.
  • Options
    gozzo5058gozzo5058 Posts: 611
    thanks for posting!
    s

Montreal/98, Toronto/00'03'05'06x2, Brad Toronto/02, Buffalo/03, Kitchener/05, London/05, Hamilton/05, Late Show Taping/06, Cleveland/06, Pittsburgh/06, Bridge School Benefit Concert/06, Hartford/08, Mansfield 1/08, EV Montreal/08x2, EV Toronto/08x2...
  • Options
    This is an old article, but it gives me hope that we may see the album sooner rather than later...

"The other potential player is Seattle veterans Pearl Jam, who have been selling live CDs directly to fans through their site for years and have signed one-off deals with J Records since leaving longtime label Epic several years ago. Even as its physical-album sales have shrunk over the years, the group's large, devoted fanbase has continued to turn out for arena shows. They are the musicians who could most likely make the pay-by-choice option work in their financial and artistic favor. A spokesperson for Pearl Jam said the band is not discussing its future plans at this time."

http://www.vh1.com/artists/news/1579443/20080110/pearl_jam.jhtml