My Dad passed away on Friday morning

2»

Comments

• Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    I'm sorry to hear about your Dad, JOEJOEJOE. My thoughts are with you and your family. It seemed his loving spirit helped you write the message.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    :(
    yeah exactly
    and teary eyed

you're doing well i suppose, you seem to be functioning and stuff. that's good.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Joe, while I'm so sorry to hear the news, I'm happy that you and your family were able to share those last few hours together in peace and you all were able to comfort eachother and even share a few laughs while celebrating your father's life. My father's passing was by far the toughest thing I've ever had to endure and I miss him dearly every single day that goes by. May love & peace be with you and your family.
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    saying sorry never seems right to say at these moments but its usually only the words that make sense.

take care of yourself and your family. :(
  • I'm glad to hear it was peacefully Joe, thanks for sharing his and your story with us.

My condolences.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,697
    My condolences Joe.
    Sounds as if you were as prepared as one can be, I had a similar scenario with my Dad, but of course its still tough. Best to your family.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Sorry to hear, but thankful you got to spend time with him and friends and family.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    So sorry, Joe.
    Peace be with you......
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    Very sorry to hear about this. Glad your family could be together. Thoughts and prayers coming your way from Studio City.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    i'm so sorry joe :cry:
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    My loving father died very peacefully at 12:55am on Friday morning.

My entire immediate family was at his bedside in his final hours of life. My sister flew in from NYC immediately after the nurse told us that the end was near, so luckily, she was able to spend the last few hours with my dad.

The scene was very peaceful, and even after he passed away, there was still calm in the room. Sitting in my parent's living room at 2am waiting for the mortuary to come pick him up was very trippy, but we were able to share some humor.

Today was his funeral, and it was a beautiful event. Seeing so many friends and family members really brought comfort to my family and I. My sister, brother and I each spoke about my dad, and it was great to share some anticdotes with everyone in attendance.

At the graveside service, my mom, wife, sister and I spent time together at his coffin.....it ended with some
    chuckles. Once he was lowered into the ground, everyone had the chance to shovel dirt over the coffin (Jewish custom), and this created a nice vibe of togetherness. My mom thanked me for being her son......the most powerful moment of my life.

Thanks for reading.
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Thanks for the kind words. it was a joyous event, but I do realize that mournful times are sure to follow.

In a weird way, i believe that PJ20 last weekend was a gift from my dad. He lived long enough so that we could attend the show before he left us soon after. We were lucky enough to hit the front row lottery, and the wife and I were fortunate to meet Ed backstage on Sunday. Thanks, dad!

Your thoughts and views on your father's passing are amazing--a true tribute to the celebration of his life and spirit, while being able to overcome your own personal loss. This is something rarely seen.

Thank you for sharing your insight, and allowing others to offer our thoughts & prayers also.
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    I'm so sorry for your loss Joe. How beautiful and peaceful his passing was, and awesome you were all there with him, its what we all hope for when our time is here. Thank you for sharing that with us. I wish for you strength and peace of heart as you walk forward with you dad no longer at your side. Much love.
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • My deepest condolences to you and your family Joe. ((((hugs)))
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • JOEJOEJOE wrote:

My entire immediate family was at his bedside in his final hours of life. My sister flew in from NYC immediately after the nurse told us that the end was near, so luckily, she was able to spend the last few hours with my dad.

The scene was very peaceful, and even after he passed away, there was still calm in the room. Sitting in my parent's living room at 2am waiting for the mortuary to come pick him up was very trippy, but we were able to share some humor.

Today was his funeral, and it was a beautiful event. Seeing so many friends and family members really brought comfort to my family and I. My sister, brother and I each spoke about my dad, and it was great to share some anticdotes with everyone in attendance.

At the graveside service, my mom, wife, sister and I spent time together at his coffin.....it ended with some
    chuckles. Once he was lowered into the ground, everyone had the chance to shovel dirt over the coffin (Jewish custom), and this created a nice vibe of togetherness. My mom thanked me for being her son......the most powerful moment of my life.

Thanks for reading.

I'm so sorry to hear that Joe. My thoughts go out to you and your family.
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    Rollings wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

Thanks for reading.
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Thanks for the kind words. it was a joyous event, but I do realize that mournful times are sure to follow.

In a weird way, i believe that PJ20 last weekend was a gift from my dad. He lived long enough so that we could attend the show before he left us soon after. We were lucky enough to hit the front row lottery, and the wife and I were fortunate to meet Ed backstage on Sunday. Thanks, dad!

Your thoughts and views on your father's passing are amazing--a true tribute to the celebration of his life and spirit, while being able to overcome your own personal loss. This is something rarely seen.

Thank you for sharing your insight, and allowing others to offer our thoughts & prayers also.

reading the above comments i can't help myself
    http://youtu.be/ZaNoeoyckSQ
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I'm sorry for your loss.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    I'm so sorry to hear this. Sending you and your family my condolences and a big hug.
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    Joe I'm so sorry for your loss. From what you have shared on the board this year has been hard for you and your family. I hope that you all feel the peace and love we all send to you. Your dad would be so proud of how strong you have been.

Beautiful_Sunset_by_BradyV.jpg
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Thanks everyone for the kind thoughts.

Death is such an abstract event that defies any logic.
  • I'm so sorry for your loss and the loss to your family.

My dad passed away 19 years ago. It seems like yesterday he was here, but also seems like forever since I've seen him.

You'll heal in time.

Again, I'm so sorry.
    Note to self: Don't die
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    I'm really very sorry to hear this. I can't imagine what you must be feeling right now, my thoughts are with you and your family.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Very sorry Joe. :(
  • Joe, My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
    Take comfort that the 10c members are thinking of you during this tough time.

Blessings

Theo (aka Green Circle)
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • Condolences to you & your Family ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    I'm so sorry.... :cry:
    ********************************************************************************************* image