what did you want to be when you grew up?

Comments

• rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    di_record_player.jpg

Chadwick? Is that you?

What has that Mr. Rogers done to you?
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQWXw2vtKwHcwLsiUKRYINcDIi-FqWMswhctF4H7oqUmPgafsA5
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    A doctor like Quincy. Or one of Charlie's Angels. Was a toss up. :lol:
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,432
    a shepard
    starting shortstop for the Phillies
    alyssa milano's f toy
  • I dont remember...that's sad. probably a professional baseball player
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • A Fireman.

BAM! Nailed it.

Went through a little stage where I wanted to be a High School Teacher, but, then 9/11 happened and I remembered why I wanted to be a Fireman.

Also, doesn't hurt that I look damn good in my uniform. 8-)
    I knew it all along, see?
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    pjhawks wrote:
    alyssa milano's f toy

Oh hell yah!!
    n63487_applause.gif
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    I wanted to be an actor and was teeing up whether to study film or stage acting but I couldn't get a student loan from those courses and my parents refused to help with costs so I have filted from menial job to menial job for the last 12 years. :-|
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • I wanted to keep being a Pearl Jam fan. I am glad to say, I did it. :mrgreen:
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,481
    I'm nearly 35 and I still have absolutely no idea what I want to be when I grow up :?
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    goldrush wrote:
    I'm nearly 35 and I still have absolutely no idea what I want to be when I grow up :?
    so you haven't grown up yet, there's nothing wrong with that
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    im getting ready to go on a trip in a few weeks and i pulled my old 35mm camera off the shelf. im gonna buy some b&w stock and supplement my digital pic taking with some good old fashion technology. thats what i want to be when i grow up... a photographer. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    im getting ready to go on a trip in a few weeks and i pulled my old 35mm camera off the shelf. im gonna buy some b&w stock and supplement my digital pic taking with some good old fashion technology. thats what i want to be when i grow up... a photographer. 8-)
    nice! :thumbup:
  • Wait...who said I had to grow up???
    Wait...who said I had to grow up???
    no one, but what do you want to be when do grow up?
  • conman wrote:

I dunno...I think I will stay this way...it seems to be working for me.... :lol::lol:
  • I wanted to be a teacher; when I was a teenager I narrowed that down to being a high school math teacher. I still wish sometimes that I had followed that dream.
  • A firefighter, I'm an EMT now.. Well on my way :D
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
    conman wrote:

I dunno...I think I will stay this way...it seems to be working for me.... :lol::lol:
    :lol:
    A firefighter, I'm an EMT now.. Well on my way :D
    nice!
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    A firefighter, I'm an EMT now.. Well on my way :D

:thumbup:
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    The usual: A princess; a model; a flight attendant; an Assassin :? :oops: Seriously!

Wait, you're not an assassin?
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    The usual: A princess; a model; a flight attendant; an Assassin :? :oops: Seriously!

Wait, you're not an assassin?

:shh:
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Firefighter for the FDNY
    DJ for KROCK
    DJ for WLIR
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

metsfan wrote:
    DJ for KROCK
    me too! :thumbup:
  • im getting ready to go on a trip in a few weeks and i pulled my old 35mm camera off the shelf. im gonna buy some b&w stock and supplement my digital pic taking with some good old fashion technology. thats what i want to be when i grow up... a photographer. 8-)

Careful what you wish for.....Im a photographer and it kinda sucks. I take pictures of products for magazines, ads, catalogues and what not. It was so much fun in school 15 years ago taking pictures of what I wanted. Now Im a slave to art directors who tell me how and what to shoot.........

I wish it would have been my hobby.....sometimes I don't even take a camera on vacation because I need a brake from being behind one.
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009

Careful what you wish for.....Im a photographer and it kinda sucks. I take pictures of products for magazines, ads, catalogues and what not. It was so much fun in school 15 years ago taking pictures of what I wanted. Now Im a slave to art directors who tell me how and what to shoot.........

I wish it would have been my hobby.....sometimes I don't even take a camera on vacation because I need a brake from being behind one.

Reminds me of a guy that was a local wedding photographer, he was the best in the area and wanted to get out of it so he started charging outrageous prices. People kept paying him, he kept raising the price. The last wedding he did got him $90,000.
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    as a kid I had a love of animals, music, and making people laugh...so that meant i wanted to be a mix between a vet, mick jagger, and lucille ball....30 years later...and not much has changed. :D
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • pimp
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”