Options

Asking for your prayers! (The Long Road continues)

Comments

• Options
    igotid_8igotid_8 Cleveland, Ohio Posts: 497
    A big thank you to you all! Trying to stay awake and follow the setlist reveal. What a way to make me feel worse!
    2000 Columbus, Pittsburgh
    2003 Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Columbus
    2004 Toledo
    2005 Hamilton, Pittsburgh
    2006 Cleveland, Auburn Hills, Pittsburgh
    2009 Chicago
    2010 Cleveland
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Detroit
    2016 Tampa, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2018 Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2022 Hamilton
    2023 Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Austin 1, Austin 2
  • Options
    Was hoping to sneak off to Hamilton, but no go - surgery Friday morning. Again will accept all good karma!
    2004 Toledo
    2009 Chicago
    2010 Cleveland
    2014 Detroit
    2022 Hamilton
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    igotid_8 wrote:
    Was hoping to sneak off to Hamilton, but no go - surgery Friday morning. Again will accept all good karma!

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Picture how amazing the next Pearl Jam show will be (and you know there will be many more, this band's not quitting anytime soon!). Hugs.
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Sending you good vibes for a speedy recovery.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    igotid_8 wrote:

I am sending more healing love, light and hugs. I hope everything goes very smoothly. :mrgreen:
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    igotid_8 wrote:

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Picture how amazing the next Pearl Jam show will be (and you know there will be many more, this band's not quitting anytime soon!). Hugs.

Thanks everyone! Suzie brings up a great point - they will be back around touring soon! It will be a pretty emotional night, I can tell already. I already get choked up laying here in the hospital watching the setlists reveal on twitter!

Thanks again all!
    2004 Toledo
    2009 Chicago
    2010 Cleveland
    2014 Detroit
    2022 Hamilton
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    igotid_8 wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:
    igotid_8 wrote:

Thanks everyone! Suzie brings up a great point - they will be back around touring soon! It will be a pretty emotional night, I can tell already. I already get choked up laying here in the hospital watching the setlists reveal on twitter!

Thanks again all!

All the best man - I've been in the same place - stuck in hospital and peering out at this board, and Pearl Jam world from afar. This community, and the buzz around a tour did become a source of hope and light for me back then, and it helped me a lot. I hope it does for you too. Honestly, I will be sending you positive energy tomorrow, and I'm sure others here will too.
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I am sorry you must face this AND miss your concerts :cry:

look forward to happiness ...
    good things coming your way in a new day

Loving thoughts and prayers from me to you
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear of your troubles. Life can definitely throw a curveball when u least expect it. I can relate a lil' myself - I had tickets to see PJ in Cincy back in '06 , never made it to the show; instead I woke up in a hospital bed about a week and a half later. Catastrophes always have shitty timing.

The good thing is, is that Pearl Jam and it's community are excellent sources of inspiration during tough times.

Though I don't know you personally, we've got a bond. We all do. I feel for you and want you to know you're in my thoughts and in my prayers. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Forward thinking my friend- Like Ed sings about in "Present Tense". The past is where it should be, in the past --get livin' for today and hope for a better tomorrow. I'll be hopin' for it with you.
    When you make your peace with authority, you become authority. - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    It sucks about missing the shows, but obviously your health is the priority here.

Sending good thoughts and prayers your way.
  • Options
    Everything will work out fine, man, so don't stress it. My wife and I are praying for you, and have no doubt you will be on your feet and rockin' again in no time...

Stay strong, brother.
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    You have our good vibes and karma heading your way.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    our thoughts & prayers are with you, man...stay strong.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Wishing you a speddy recovery, take care.
    "it feels like it's the end of the world and we all got a good seat. you know -- step right up, get your tickets...here we go."

- EV
  • Options
    Wishing you all the best! You will see PJ soon enough!
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• Options
    I wish you all the best for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery. Please keep us posted on your progress and be aware that many, many people are wishing you very positive vibes and thinking of you in this difficult time for you and your family.
  • Options
    I'll def keep you in my thoughts and prayers, man. That's gotta be an insanely tough situation and one I wouldn't wish on my enemy. Sending love you way.

Looking forward to hearing about your speedy recovery...
  • Options
    dasvidanadasvidana Grand Junction CO Posts: 1,318
    prayers and love sent. Wishing you a speedy return to health!
    It's nice to be nice to the nice.
  • Options
    I cannot thank you all enough! Surgery is now hours away and I can not sleep, but your kind words have given me so much comfort - I'm truly touched!

They are removing a tumor from the left side of my brain in 4.5 hours. I chuckled at the irony of the Hamilton poster of the skull!!!! What an AMAZING setlist too!!! Including, of course, Brain of J!!! Life is funny huh?

I'm told I can give them an iPod to play in the OR!
    2004 Toledo
    2009 Chicago
    2010 Cleveland
    2014 Detroit
    2022 Hamilton
  • Options
    igotid_8 wrote:
    I cannot thank you all enough! Surgery is now hours away and I can not sleep, but your kind words have given me so much comfort - I'm truly touched!

They are removing a tumor from the left side of my brain in 4.5 hours. I chuckled at the irony of the Hamilton poster of the skull!!!! What an AMAZING setlist too!!! Including, of course, Brain of J!!! Life is funny huh?

I'm told I can give them an iPod to play in the OR!

sending positive vibes your way (even though it doesn't seem like you need it; you have a great attitude/sense of humor!) i hope you get some rest... keep us posted :)
    "We're heavily Hemingway inspired." -ed
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    wow JUST read this!! Prayers coming your way.. and so you know, my younger sister had a tumor removed from her brain like four times and she's still kicking!! So keep the hope alive!! From my house to yours prayers in full force!!
  • Options
    in my prayers tonight
  • Options
    KloddzKloddz Posts: 2,573
    Best wishes for the surgery, man! I'm sure it will be all good. :)
    Bern - September 13, 2006
    Berlin - August 15, 2009
    Lisbon - July 10, 2010
    Berlin - June 26, 2014
    Zurich - June 23, 2022

http://www.last.fm/user/Kloddz
  • Options
    geckogecko Posts: 1,712
    Great spirit! Hope all goes well. :)
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    Our prayers are with you
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    tremors wrote:
    Our prayers are with you
    yes they are!

Successful surgery, speedy recovery, PJ concert lotto winner :D

good thoughts surround you!
  • Options
    Keep you in my thoughts and prayers as well.
    Music is a great healer this bionic girl is a believer.... ;)

Just keep looking forward to that next show you will attend :D
    “This is a ah another request fulfillment. If none of the other of you like it at least one guy does. Actually it’s a girl, she’s right back there.”
    SMILE Eddie Vedder Cleveland 06.....
  • Options
    All the best buddy. I hope everything will go well with the surgery.
    I don't believe in God, but I believe in the doctors that help people in situations like this. You will get through this! Before you know it, you'll be at your own home again, flipping through the PJ20 book while listening to the Soundtrack. Good luck, take care and get well soon.
    "I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.."
  • Options
    thoughts and prayers sent your way! looking forward to an after surgery update!!! :D
    "How I choose to feel,... Is how I am."

after 20 years of waiting: EV Fox Theatre Detroit-6/26/11;Alpine Valley-9/3/11 & 9/4/11;Toronto-9/11/11;Music Midtown-8/22/12;London, Ontario-7/16/13;Wrigley Field, Chicago-7/19/13
  • Options
    Dear Bill,
    I hope surgery went well. I hope we hear from you soon! Lots of love, light and hugs!! XO
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!