Craving a McRib

2»

Comments

• BronyBrony Posts: 631
    g under p wrote:
    I didn't know they STILL had this sandwich. I had one years ago and it was the worst thing I ever tasted, I'm so glad I don't eat meat anymore.

Peace
    I remember several years back they had a "farewell tour" for the McRib, and it was going to be the last time they made it available, so naturally people flocked to McDonalds, but sure enough they brought it back the next year.

I like them though. I have no clue what's in them (I'm fairly certain it's not ribs) but I eat it.

noo, that was brett favre
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,791
    They are back. :o
  • Monster RainMonster Rain Posts: 1,415
    I didn't know they were back until Wednesday or Thursday. I had one for dinner Saturday night because we went to a terror walk and the wait was so long that we didnt' get out until after 9 and didn't want to make dinner so we went to McDonald's. The next day we were busy finishing up some of our Halloween decorations and my girlfriend decided she wanted Chinese food for lunch. I don't like Chinese food, so I stopped and got myself another McRib meal. Whoever came up with this thing deserves a Nobel Prize.

I will say this, though: I can't eat more than one or I'll get a nasty stomach ache. Now they ahve an offer where if you get the McRib Value Meal you can get a 2nd McRib for $1. When I was on line getting my lunch there was a guy in front of me who was asking the cashier if his 3rd McRib would also be $1 or if it was full-price! That's just disgusting.
  • m0jorisenm0jorisen Posts: 516
    Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse
    Of my innocence... got back my inner sense...
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Really? :sick:

14-mcrib-underbelly.jpg

I saw that they were coming back and I thought of this photo. It's pretty disgusting.

No, it's REALLY disgusting. But I don't know how strong I am...
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    voidofman wrote:
    Don't think I've had a McRib but I had the bbq rib at Subway quite a few times when I worked there:

bbqrib.jpg

definitely just got this for lunch because of this thread.
    Enkidu wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Really? :sick:

I saw that they were coming back and I thought of this photo. It's pretty disgusting.

No, it's REALLY disgusting. But I don't know how strong I am...
    ignorance is bliss when it comes to the McRib
    you can eat healthy the other 360 or so days
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    I'd rather have the McSkillet Burrito back

mcskillet_burrito_sausage-e1289093168206.png
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,127
    kept seeing this thread at the top over the past few days and finally had to give in and get a McRib for lunch today

great at noon...not so great at 5:00..still worth it though :D
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Had one on Saturday...they didn't have the McRib buns so they just slapped it on a cheeseburger bun :x

and then I found this...

http://theweek.com/article/index/220866 ... -of-anyway

:sick:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • BronyBrony Posts: 631
    had my first one since the return today for lunch! so delicious!
  • Damn it now I want another McRib. I've already had it twice in the last week.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i can honestly say, i've never had nor craved a mcrib. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    81 wrote:
    i can honestly say, i've never had nor craved a mcrib. :lol:

I've never really craved one, I just tried one once because it was free when I worked there, it was ok but nothing special at all
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

"tripe, heart and scalded stomach,"
    "lung and liver bits"

MMMMMMM goood porkiness!
  • I'll still have a McRib this weekend. Those ingredients are still better than what's in head cheese. I wonder if the stomach in the McRib is much different than pork belly. I've seen Iron Chefs use pork belly before, so I'd say that makes the McRib one step closer to a gourmet meal! :)
    Get_Right wrote:
    "tripe, heart and scalded stomach,"
    "lung and liver bits"

MMMMMMM goood porkiness!
    I'll still have a McRib this weekend. Those ingredients are still better than what's in head cheese. I wonder if the stomach in the McRib is much different than pork belly. I've seen Iron Chefs use pork belly before, so I'd say that makes the McRib one step closer to a gourmet meal! :)
    Smithfield is notorious for really poor quality meat and unsanitary conditions. Its a pig factory where quantity, as opposed to quality, reigns supreme.

Its all about how you raise the pig and process its meat. Head cheese made from an organically raised berkshire or kurobata hog will be 1,000 times better than the industrial stuff used by McDs.

Not to discourage your McRib eating, but you cant compare pork products without knowing the source. The eyeball socket of a kurobata is most likely a "better" piece of meat than a smithfield tenderloin.
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Jason P wrote:

We have it here in Texas. I got one a couple of weeks ago and they have billboards everywhere.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • 1340301229953s.jpg

... Tee hee.
    Cheers.
    'Cause you don't give blood and take it back again.