Ok i broke down and opened a Face book acct ...

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    RKCNDY wrote:
    conman wrote:
    honestly, i haven't met too many people that are worth keeping in touch with

that's how I feel about the people I went to high school with
    I have a fake FB name so those losers can't find me-didn't even put in my school info
    the friends I've met here are way cooler then them :lol:

i keep waiting for somebody i went to school with to say hi. so far nothing. :lol: i guess i was an asshole way back then too. :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    81 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

uh-huh.

you don't believe me?

sure I do
  • 81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    conman wrote:
    honestly, i haven't met too many people that are worth keeping in touch with

that's how I feel about the people I went to high school with
    I have a fake FB name so those losers can't find me-didn't even put in my school info
    the friends I've met here are way cooler then them :lol:

i keep waiting for somebody i went to school with to say hi. so far nothing. :lol: i guess i was an asshole way back then too. :P

Yeah me too ! :oops:
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    81 wrote:

Yeah me too ! :oops:

I had one guy from HS contact me back in myspace days...he wouldn't quit messaging me. I deleted my account. :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    81 wrote:

back in high school, my buddy was going out with a girl in the class below us...one day she told him she didn't like me...he then dumped her

she recently asked to be my friend on fb

:roll: :lol::lol:
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:

back in high school, my buddy was going out with a girl in the class below us...one day she told him she didn't like me...he then dumped her

that makes me want to make a FB with my real name and see how many people 'friend' me, and then I'll tell them to fuck off. :lol::lol::lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:

awesome. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    I may stop accepting people randomly. I've got a couple of 'friends' who don't post in English. I find it hard to keep up with them.
    Claireack wrote:
    I may stop accepting people randomly. I've got a couple of 'friends' who don't post in English. I find it hard to keep up with them.

http://translate.google.com/

but whenever I translate stuff, the info isn't really any different.

- Christopher McCandless
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    RKCNDY wrote:
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:

that makes me want to make a FB with my real name and see how many people 'friend' me, and then I'll tell them to fuck off. :lol::lol::lol:
    i've had people from HS 'friend' me and i literally told them to fuck off :lol:
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,412
    conman wrote:

same here....
    if we weren't friends in high school, why would we be friends now?
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    mfc2006 wrote:
    conman wrote:

same here....

There's nothing worse than having that chit-chat crap with someone you were never friends with. Oh, what do you do and are you married and yada yada yada. They don't care, they just want an in to talk about themselves! Request Denied.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,412
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:
    conman wrote:

same here....

There's nothing worse than having that chit-chat crap with someone you were never friends with. Oh, what do you do and are you married and yada yada yada. They don't care, they just want an in to talk about themselves! Request Denied.

exactly!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    conman wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    norm wrote:

that reminds me of 5 years ago, I got an email from someone I went to high school inviting me to the 20 year class reunion. Turns out my step brother gave them my info after I told him I was never invited to any.

I responded by telling them forget it, all these years you couldn't manage to find me to invite me to all the other reunions, even though I never left town and my address and phone number are in the phone book. jerks. And I haven't been invited again - this year was 25.
  • I have an empty facebook page now. It has been for a while. I had a page way back in the days when you could only get in with your college e-mail address. That one was deleted at some point when the whole thing went public.

A few years ago, somebody made a page for me. I have no idea who it was that made it. I thought it was my sister, but she said no, it wasn't her. I figured it was because she made one for my mom as well since she doesn't use it. It kind of creeped me out.

So I made one on my own to say, yep, that's me, nope, I don't use it. I was able to get control of the fake account of me and that one was finally deleted. I don't get nearly as many requests from people that I used to go to school with on it as I did on myspace back in the day. Probably because it's pretty empty, and has no picture.
  • norm wrote:
    81 wrote:

So you've been like this your whole life?
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:

So you've been like this your whole life?

yeah pretty much
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    81 wrote:
    fuck facebook

No one is safe from being found on facebook. Even you, smoking baby... :twisted:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,941
    dcfaithful wrote:
    81 wrote:
    fuck facebook

No one is safe from being found on facebook. Even you, smoking baby... :twisted:
    yeah, but who wants to find an ashtray of a mouth baby?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mfc2006 wrote:
    conman wrote:

same here....

My God... happens to me all the time. People I never even spoke to in high school...

Don't know you, don't want to know you, and certainly don't want you prying into my personal life.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    81 wrote:
    fuck facebook

that's what happens when you connect to one PJ person...it spreads like wild fire.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    mickeyrat wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    81 wrote:
    fuck facebook

81 is a funny/cool fucker. I bet his status updates could give me a good chuckle every now and then.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    81 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    81 wrote:
    fuck facebook

that's what happens when you connect to one PJ person...it spreads like wild fire.

I'd rather have PJ peeps that I somewhat interact with than people I went to school with who I never gave two shits about and still don't.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    81 is a funny/cool fucker. I bet his status updates could give me a good chuckle every now and then.

i've never once done a status update
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Also, i don't know what's more annoying... requests from people I don't care about... or invitations to events I sure as hell am not going to attend... OR, fucking requests for Facebook's ridiculously stupid "games"
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    dcfaithful wrote:

I'd rather have PJ peeps that I somewhat interact with than people I went to school with who I never gave two shits about and still don't.

Totally agree!!! Now when I post stuff about PJ, there's actually people that care! :lol:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • 81 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

I think your lack of status updates IS your status update.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,941
    dcfaithful wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

You got the fucker part right at least!! ;):mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    81 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

:lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

Totally agree!!! Now when I post stuff about PJ, there's actually people that care! :lol:

I am enjoying all the pictures and stuff flowing in from the weekend, turns out I didn't need to take too many pictures, got a lot from other people taking them

are you my friend on FB?