Options

Tour T-shirts

2»

Comments

• Options
    CobbelstoneCobbelstone Posts: 35
    Post of the morning right there! LOL!

This has been a topic since '04, and yes, the shirts are about a size smaller than pre-VFC shirts. I'm 5'-10", 170 lbs., and they are the only concert tees I have ever bought were a XL fits so tight. I've bought XXL on the last tour to compensate, but although the fit works, they are still tissue thin.

Not a major problem, but worth discussion. Too bad the unoffical "PJ Police" have to get involved in every conversation that doesn't worship the band.

I've said it before, and it's worth repeating:

The band doesn't make the merchandise, they just sell it. Speaking up about your issues with a garment is NOT a dis to the band. If you like the new shirts, feel free to praise them. But, don't tell other people they are "fat" because of an issue that has been discussed for the last 4 years. I believe it's why some shirts have size references in the "Goods" section now.

right I'm totally not "dissing the band," I'm just saying the merch team may want to look into different products. hell they're the ones selling them and we're buying them. not a weird thing to comment on.

And it's not just pearl jam, this goes for *all* concert T's I've come across in recent memory. At pretty much every show I go to, I get into a discussion about the size of the girls' tees with someone in line. The last show I went to I was standing in line by a girl a little bigger than me, slightly overweight, but nothing crazy. I asked the merch person to see an "XXL" girls shirt. Both of us were just like "yikes." when we saw it.

Nor am I saying it's a "big issue." But let's face it, Tshirts are embedded in the arena rock experience. If you're talking about a show/tour, it's not crazy to bring it up.
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    Flagg wrote:
    Pearl Jam's tour shirts have been crappy quality since 2004. I can still wear my Riot Act shirt from 2003. It was a Hanes T Shirt and still looks new and fits perfectly. From 2004 on, I can't wear any of them. The thin, cheap fabric shrinks so much. I didn't even bother buying one in 2006 or in Chicago last year.

bought an XL at the Vic and i couldnt believe what utter crap the tour shirts are now...

i will never buy another tour shirt again
  • Options
    smile05smile05 Posts: 600
    The blue avacado one from 06 looks like a fucking blouse with its massive fucking shoulder pads
    1:Black 2:Corduroy 3:All Those Yesterdays 4:I Got ID 5:Smile

They can buy but cant put on my clothes
    Throw down my ace in the hole~~~~~~

Let's go for three in a row, no sorry i can't think of anything thats not funny. - Paul Merton

London96,Manchester00,Berlin06,London07
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Most of the women's concert tee's I have don't even have the name of the tour, list of city's, anything....just the band name on the front. Could probably buy these anywhere...

would love a specific show on a tee (the girls ones too!) or at leat the tour name & year would be nice for the girls!

agreed, put the tour info on the girls tees, and while you are at it, why don't you make the girls tees "womens" tees instead? ... those are junior sizes!