***Glen Hansard Appreciation Thread***

1293031323335»

Comments

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWestPosts: 17,244
    Picked up a pair for the Boston date. We've seen him several times and them together last year. Always a great show. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJPosts: 2,444
    In for NYC!
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA AustraliaPosts: 3,403
    It was just  swell season. It was magic after the gig we all went out and sang with glen around a fire. He offered  me a verse in auld triangle and i got shy. I wish to be jaysus i hadn't.  Thats me in green next to glen. He signed stuff and had photo's.  I took one with him and he said no take another  and qe faced into the moon to get light. I will never forget it. I took my 16 year old at the time daughter magical road trip to the dingle peninsula. 
    I remember seeing Ed here in Melbourne and Glen was the support act for that tour. Post set, Glen was out in the foyer just mixing with the punters like he was one of the crowd. He put on a great show too! 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,388
    It was just  swell season. It was magic after the gig we all went out and sang with glen around a fire. He offered  me a verse in auld triangle and i got shy. I wish to be jaysus i hadn't.  Thats me in green next to glen. He signed stuff and had photo's.  I took one with him and he said no take another  and qe faced into the moon to get light. I will never forget it. I took my 16 year old at the time daughter magical road trip to the dingle peninsula. 
    That sounds MAGICAL! I just bought tix to take my now 14yr old daughter to see them here in US, but I'd LOVE to bring her to see them in Ireland... Dingle is stunning & historic!

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 10,023
    JH6056 said:
    That sounds MAGICAL! I just bought tix to take my now 14yr old daughter to see them here in US, but I'd LOVE to bring her to see them in Ireland... Dingle is stunning & historic!

Im so happy you can take your daughter it brings tears to my eyes. It was the  best weekend of my life . Just  me and her. I had just left home 2 years prior and  she is now 21 .  You are a great parent. Happiness is only real when shared!
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -