Options

Age question

2»

Comments

• Options
    zootownzootown Posts: 666
    Lukin66 wrote:
    Take the kid and bring he/she some earplugs. Kids have better hearing than most adults, and you wouldn't want to overwhelm the poor thing.
    No shit- earplugs are a must for any kid, and by my experience, make sure that they had a friggin nap that day. I tried taking my 6 year old to a Willie Nelson show last year, and we simply had to leave after the first 5 songs as he was literally falling asleep standing up and begging to leave.....
    I hold the pain, release me!
  • Options
    you know your kids - if you enjoy sharing the experience, then of course bring them. if there's a chance they'll fuck up your time, leave them home. i took my 11 year old to two bruce concerts and he was as into it as mom and dad - especially front row in the pit, where we stood for over 6 hours. he's graduating from elementary school on 6/25 - what better way to celebrate than dinner in manhatttan and pj at msg? my 17 year old was thrilled with the plan as well - he wasn't into bruce but can't wait for pg. the first p.j. concert for both of them.
    The wisdom that the old can't give away

How I choose to feel is how I am
  • Options
    spoman1211spoman1211 Posts: 28
    Im taking both my boys 12 & 14 to MSG 1 . This will be there first pearl jam concert . Eddie please play porch for my 14 yr old. I want to thank all the jammers for the input on this.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the responses, I didn't expect nearly as many as I got. I'm going to try to get 2 tix to take my son to DC with me. I'm going to Camden tomorrow w/ a bunch of friends from work, so a lawn seat for my son there wouldn't necessarily be appropriate. I'll keep my fingers crossed that I run into the ticket fairy for Sunday.
  • Options
    UncleNeilUncleNeil Posts: 120
    take him!

i remember seeing Johnny Cash @ Westbury Music Fair as a really young kid. i wish i knew what year that was. i want to say I was less than 10 years old.

i do know I saw The Who @ Shea Stadium in 1982 at 12 years old with my dad. of course we left early and missed the Twist & Shout encore. I was mad!! Fortunately I found the bootleg 25 years later ;)

My dad was pretty cool about this type of stuff. He likes classical music and doesn't even like rock, but I also remember him taking me to AC/DC on the Flick of the Switch tour in 83.
    Bridge Benefit 99, 01, 03, 04 (EV), 06
    Las Vegas 03, 06, MSG I & II - 2008
    Halloween Philadelphia, MSG II 2010
  • Options
    huck5huck5 Posts: 91
    Took my 7 year old son to Columbia, SC. He liked KOL and PJ, but got a quarter into PJ's set, I spent 40 minutes in the bathroom with him, then my wife ended up taking him back to the hotel.

Just be prepared to leave if things don't go as intended.