Options

Disappointed in the opening show?

azcardsfan78azcardsfan78 Posts: 46
edited September 2011 in Given To Fly (live)
All I have to say is WTF?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I have seen 40+ shows. This was easily the most dissapointing show I have attended. Show had no flow. Plus easily the worst venue ever. Can't believe this shit hole they call alpine.
  • Options
    jshinjshin Posts: 1,759
    Loved it!..
    I ain't got no fly'n shoes..

• Options
    Really let down. Was pumped & feeling great for show. Enjoyed the Strokes.
    Release was amazing, but it was all down hill from there. Never picked up momentum.
    I was shocked when it ended, felt like there was much more to go.
    Debating on driving back tonight & skipping tomorrow, worried it will be another let down.
    " first he was stripped and then he was stabbed
    By faceless men, well, fuckers
    He still stands"
    Cleveland '94, Rochester '94, Pittsburgh '98, Cincinnati '00, Columbus '00, Milwaukee '06, Las Vegas '06, Mansfield '08
  • Options
    I'll be trying to unload my seats for tomorrow. No way I'm going back to that crap hole.
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    Of course there is more to go. There is another night !!!

Some ppl are too fussy
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    dl152203 wrote:
    I have seen 40+ shows. This was easily the most dissapointing show I have attended. Show had no flow. Plus easily the worst venue ever. Can't believe this shit hole they call alpine.

Maybe you shouldn't go to 41, eh?
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    ADogNamedPilateADogNamedPilate Texas, USA Posts: 291
    What time did it start and end (how long did PJ play)?
    Austin City Limits - Oct 04, 2009
  • Options
    You are absolutely right. Tonight may have finally broken the addiction. What a relief.
  • Options
    unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    The show was great and we can't wait for tomorrow night.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options
    P-JamP-Jam Posts: 807
    2 hours 45 minutes
  • Options
    The show was great and we can't wait for tomorrow night.
    Same here! Would love to meet ya'll there...!
  • Options
    Pearl Jam shows would be awesome, if it weren't for some of the fans. Sometimes, I think people just come on here to yank chains.

Whatever.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    I do note that most of the NOT HAPPY CAMPERS have really low thread counts.
    seems that newbies maybe do not understand the depth that this band holds
    to complain at the reflection of motherlove bone. part of the show shows this

major part of the history of PJ

would have loved every moment.

sorta like a long time ago I lined up with the worlds biggest PJ fan for Newcastle australia show, kept on telling me how big a fan, how many posters etc he had
    anyways go to show and get stuff like down , undone, crow of thorns amongst many others ( thanks MR) and I see this guy outside ( me on top of the moon) he says it sucked cause he didnt know any of those songs.
    he since has researched the night, and the songs played and in the ensuing years has realised he witnessed somthing special
    like last night. that sounded fucking special
    lucky you if you went
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    i hope the comlainers dont come tomorrow,for have less traffic..thanks for your help..you guys rock!!. :P
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    i hope the comlainers dont come tomorrow,for have less traffic..thanks for your help..you guys rock!!. :P

dim
    you views on the first half of PJ20
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
  • Options
    I do note that most of the NOT HAPPY CAMPERS have really low thread counts.
    seems that newbies maybe do not understand the depth that this band holds
    to complain at the reflection of motherlove bone. part of the show shows this

major part of the history of PJ

would have loved every moment.

sorta like a long time ago I lined up with the worlds biggest PJ fan for Newcastle australia show, kept on telling me how big a fan, how many posters etc he had
    anyways go to show and get stuff like down , undone, crow of thorns amongst many others ( thanks MR) and I see this guy outside ( me on top of the moon) he says it sucked cause he didnt know any of those songs.
    he since has researched the night, and the songs played and in the ensuing years has realised he witnessed somthing special
    like last night. that sounded fucking special
    lucky you if you went

+1 & well put, all of this moaning just baffles me, really baffles me, id have given my right arm to be at this weekend, id have to question the real passion in the ''bitching fans'' hearts towards the band
    manchester 00
    manchester 09
    belfast 2010
    hyde park 2010
    manchester 2012 1&2
    amsterdam 2012 1&2
    EV manchester 2012
    EV london 31/7/12
    brooklyn 2013 1&2
    milano,leeds,milton keynes 2014

monkey driven call this living
  • Options
    +1 & well put, all of this moaning just baffles me, really baffles me, id have given my right arm to be at this weekend, id have to question the real passion in the ''bitching fans'' hearts towards the band

I think that in the end it is all about expectations...

It seems to me that the band can't win. A few days ago this board was flooded with posts where fans asked the band *not* to play staple songs and make it "a show for the fans". When they load their setlist with rarities, it is not "flowing" and "dissapointing"...

It is our fault that we make each other crazy for weeks before the festival starts; it is our fault that we set these ridicicious (and contradicting) expectations, that no band (including PJ) can live up to... No matter what they do, they will dissapoint someone... If they had played Even Flow or Alive, it would have been "too standard".

I learned a long time ago; that when it comes to PJ, never know what to expect and takes what is given to you... The unexpected is IMO their greatest appeal.

Like someone stated, it seems to me that the (main) theme of this show was the history of the band.

It def. wasn't a staple show... Help Help, Who You Are? Wow! It is like they took the list that was floating around here a week ago...
  • Options

I think that in the end it is all about expectations...

It seems to me that the band can't win. A few days ago this board was flooded with posts where fans asked the band *not* to play staple songs and make it "a show for the fans". When they load their setlist with rarities, it is not "flowing" and "dissapointing"...

It is our fault that we make each other crazy for weeks before the festival starts; it is our fault that we set these ridicicious (and contradicting) expectations, that no band (including PJ) can live up to... No matter what they do, they will dissapoint someone... If they had played Even Flow or Alive, it would have been "too standard".

I learned a long time ago; that when it comes to PJ, never know what to expect and takes what is given to you... The unexpected is IMO their greatest appeal.

Like someone stated, it seems to me that the (main) theme of this show was the history of the band.

It def. wasn't a staple show... Help Help, Who You Are? Wow! It is like they took the list that was floating around here a week ago...

yep agree completly with you
    I love being at shows looking over to a mate going WHAT THE FUCK, they are playing _____________ and then going off to it.

makesit special
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,920
    P-Jam wrote:
    2 hours 45 minutes

What time did their set end? Wondering if it will be a 2 CD or 3 CD release.
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    demetrios wrote:
    P-Jam wrote:
    2 hours 45 minutes

28 songs? I'd think a 2 cd. But I expect a shiny boxset full of goodies so who knows!!
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,920
    boyo79 wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    P-Jam wrote:
    2 hours 45 minutes

28 songs? I'd think a 2 cd. But I expect a shiny boxset full of goodies so who knows!!

mmm .. PJ goodies!!! *drools
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    From the videos I've seen so far it sounds amazing!
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Okay just newly checking out last nights show and reading the threads, and one thing i can say is i'm pissed off.... .... pissed off because they pull out a show like this, and people at the start of the thread are complaining that it was a crap show and set lest.. whilst there are hundreds of people like me sitting at home would kill to be there.. do they not realise just how f-ing lucky they are.

I agree with dimi, hope they don't go tonight, they don't deserve to be there. and can i just add, fair enough they may or may not have played the best show ever last night, but its the history man.. the history, and they should also realise that on occasions like this the 2nd night is usually the better of the 2.

okay.. now rant over :lol::lol::lol:
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • Options
    NHidingNHiding Posts: 1,899
    Wow...for anyone who didn't 'get' the magic that we all witnessed tonight...I'm sure the Britney Spears tour will welcome you with open arms. :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    nothing_man_92nothing_man_92 Canberra, Australia Posts: 344
    man some people on here really give me the sh*ts!!! I was at home sitting on the computer amazed at the set list as it was being put online and wishing I was there with you all. And then to hear people complaining about it and saying they've been to 40+ shows and how they were severly dissapointed really gets up me.. Some people can't afford to go to one pearl jam show or only get the chance to see them once every three or four years... To many people take this band for granted!!!
  • Options
    man some people on here really give me the sh*ts!!! I was at home sitting on the computer amazed at the set list as it was being put online and wishing I was there with you all. And then to hear people complaining about it and saying they've been to 40+ shows and how they were severly dissapointed really gets up me.. Some people can't afford to go to one pearl jam show or only get the chance to see them once every three or four years... To many people take this band for granted!!!

Ditto.
    Makes me ache, makes me shake...
    ...is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • Options
    Paulina87Paulina87 Poland Posts: 3,300
    I had chills watching Gary's webcast and can only imagine how good it had to be for someone who was there
    Chorzów 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Berlin 2010 - Gdynia 2010 - Berlin 2012 - Berlin 2012 - Stockholm 2012 - EV Manchester 2012 - Milan 2014 - Trieste 2014 - Vienna 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Gdynia 2014 - Rio 2018 - Sao Paulo 2018
  • Options
    @paulina87

I agree with you... I wasn't there only saw some footage here and there, but a setlsit with Faithful, Who You Are, Deep (which hasn't been played for how long?), Education and Help Help on there is IMO a setlist I would def. enjoy. It reminds me of a setlist that they had a few years ago in Prague, where they seem to play a few rarities in a row. With each song I was like "what the fuck!? this is great!". Then Even Flow came and I forgot the damn lyrics...

This show was obviously for the fans... And that is exactly what it should have been...

Ps: really like the footage of Who You Are; seems like a great version...
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I understand disappointment...

like many fans who couldn't go ... that is real disappointment :cry:
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    P-Jam wrote:
    2 hours 45 minutes

9:35 to 12:15