Options

***Hamilton Pearl Jam Fan Preparty & Fundraiser 9/15***

Comments

• Options
    hey guys,

We didnt have enough stuff for fundraiser in Montreal so Demetrios ask us to make some donation. I decided at this moment to print out some pictures i took in Quebec City back in 2005. Since it went out pretty good(a little blur on the photo below...), I've make the decision of doing the same in Toronto, Ottawa and Hamilton!

So, what do you think?! :mrgreen:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... f02&type=1
    "Pearl Jam are not just a band, they are a choice, and if you make that choice, you become one of the few lucky people on this planet to have your life enriched by the greatest gift that music ever gave" -- substitute

To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy

Pearl Jam is the Boxer. We're just happy to be the bag -- Aaron Cunningham,Fanviews '98
  • Options
    I'm going to try and make it. I'm driving up from Buffalo but have to wait until my wife gets out of work. I'll stop in if I get there early enough.
  • Options
    RD171825 wrote:
    Shit yeah.
    I'll be there. I work in that shitty mall... I'll need something to get me through the shift!
    Gooood wings there btw.. and a bowling lane!

CC

Where abouts in the mall do you work? I used to work at Protocol, the call centre in the upper level.

I'm in the Pharma Plus... for a few more weeks anyway.. handed in my resignation and it feels great! :) I'll be working the day of the show though. Until 2ish. Anyone staying around the mall/arena should stop in and say hellp! I'm the ultra handsome guy in blue. :)

Cheers,
    Dan
  • Options
    FitPearl wrote:
    hey guys,

We didnt have enough stuff for fundraiser in Montreal so Demetrios ask us to make some donation. I decided at this moment to print out some pictures i took in Quebec City back in 2005. Since it went out pretty good(a little blur on the photo below...), I've make the decision of doing the same in Toronto, Ottawa and Hamilton!

So, what do you think?! :mrgreen:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... f02&type=1

LOVE LOVE LOVE Thank you FitPearl!! :mrgreen:
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • Options
    i will be there
    Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse
    Of my innocence... got back my inner sense...
  • Options
    thumbnail.aspx?q=1079083074781&id=35d03d8c4701fe2e8c597dca157cc843&url=http%3a%2f%2fcampaignofshockandawe.files.wordpress.com%2f2011%2f02%2fbanana-799094.jpg
    thumbnail.aspx?q=1147916922054&id=4c2bcb348df5f034c33f86ceea26c41d&url=http%3a%2f%2fcontent.eaglepub.com%2fimages%2f3261%2f4DaysLeft.jpg
  • Options
    thumbnail.aspx?q=1131079805502&id=12e83b9baa6b7668f61a6a91309708a9&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.frigginrandom.com%2fwp-content%2fuploads%2f2009%2f01%2fdemotivators-amazing-turtle.jpg
    thumbnail.aspx?q=1221027441847&id=187cb5c9eadbab3a12f98c0226880ef4&url=http%3a%2f%2fbp1.blogger.com%2f_LbmYm9ULcY8%2fR2djgVPHSWI%2fAAAAAAAAAsk%2fG0FbJRXGpgE%2fs400%2fOnly-3-days-left.jpg
  • Options
    I was asked some pretty good questions, so I would like to post the answers here. :D

Copps does accept USD.

The Honest Lawyer does have wheelchair access, when you go into the mall it's in.

If anyone has other questions about the venues, please PM me, and I will do my best to find the answers.

Have a beautiful day. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    Hey Shimmy,

Sorry to report the Hamilton show has been postponed....

:lol:

I Kid I Kid....

I hope your having a few wobbly pops on Wednesday night so you can get some sleep. I was so excited last night i was tossing and turning.

Dang that PJ....
    Nami
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    Nami wrote:
    Hey Shimmy,

I Kid I Kid....

I hope your having a few wobbly pops on Wednesday night so you can get some sleep. I was so excited last night i was tossing and turning.

Dang that PJ....
    Nami

:lol::lol::lol: I know, I'm completely spazzing. :shock: :lol:

I have put a plan in action.... :shifty: :lol:

I went cold turkey on all caffeine this morning until the day of the show...hopefully it will "let me sleep, until it's PJ time." :lol:

I really want a tea right now....must...restrain...from...turning the...kettle...on... :lol:
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Nami wrote:
    Hey Shimmy,

I Kid I Kid....

Dang that PJ....
    Nami

:lol::lol::lol: I know, I'm completely spazzing. :shock: :lol:

I have put a plan in action.... :shifty: :lol:

I went cold turkey on all caffeine this morning until the day of the show...hopefully it will "let me sleep, until it's PJ time." :lol:

I really want a tea right now....must...restrain...from...turning the...kettle...on... :lol:

cherry tea?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    cherry tea?

:lol::lol::lol:

:lolno:

:P
  • Options
    Honest Lawyer also has street level access from outside, if I'm not mistaken.
    Ohhhh, this is going to be fun! As far as USD is concerned.. there is currency exchange as well as a couple banks inside Jackson Square. Most mall tennants will accept the USD, but some of the smaller ones may not... who knows?
    Hope this helps... and I can't wait to meet you all!

Cheers,
    CC
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Is it possible to park right at this Honest Lawyers place, walk to the show, then walk back and leave from there?

Or am I going to want to drive to a different lot?
  • Options
    Parking...

Well.. this is where it's a little bit tricky.

There are three underground lots. East, Central, and West. Central is under construction and closed... leaving East and West. Beacause it's a week day, the lots will likely be full through the day as it's not just parking for the mall but also the office buildings above the mall/hotel. It's worth a shot though. It'll be a bitch getting out of the lots though. Even on a regular day it can be a half hour wait... let alone 20,000 people leaving Copp's at the same time. There is parking all over the place downtown though... so whereever you can park, the walk should be minimal.

Regular parking is $12 for the day.. but event parking will likley be $20 ++ regarless of where you park.

I hope this helps!

Corduroy Coat... but call me Dan. :)
  • Options
    Parking...

Well.. this is where it's a little bit tricky.

There are three underground lots. East, Central, and West. Central is under construction and closed... leaving East and West. Beacause it's a week day, the lots will likely be full through the day as it's not just parking for the mall but also the office buildings above the mall/hotel. It's worth a shot though. It'll be a bitch getting out of the lots though. Even on a regular day it can be a half hour wait... let alone 20,000 people leaving Copp's at the same time. There is parking all over the place downtown though... so whereever you can park, the walk should be minimal.

Regular parking is $12 for the day.. but event parking will likley be $20 ++ regarless of where you park.

I hope this helps!

Corduroy Coat... but call me Dan. :)

Thanks Dan, I am very happy you are helping! :mrgreen:
  • Options

You're very welcome! I'm happy to help. I hope I'm not stepping on any toes by doing so!

Dan
  • Options

You're very welcome! I'm happy to help. I hope I'm not stepping on any toes by doing so!

Dan

Nope, you know things us outsiders don't! The more info, the better!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    the_donthe_don Posts: 512
    all hotels are booked - does anyone have any info as to where to stay? are there b & bs in the area?
    2000: Montreal 2003: Toronto 2005: Toronto 2006: Toronto x2 2008: MSG x2, Montreal x2 (EV), Toronto x2 (EV) 2009: Toronto 2010: Buffalo 2011: Detroit (EV), PJ20 x2, Montreal, Toronto x2, Ottawa, Hamilton 2013: London, Buffalo, Brooklyn x2, Philly x2 2014: Detroit 2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x2, Fenway x2 2018: Home Shows x2 2020: L.A. x2, Oakland x2 
    2023: Seattle x2 (EV) 2024: Vancouver x2, Seattle x2 (ISO: 1 N1 Seattle GA)
  • Options
    The best way to find B&B's and other hotels would be to Mapquest Copps Coliseum's address, and then do a Search Nearby for bed and breakfasts, or hotels or motels. Most of the places you will need to call as they don't have websites. Hope this helps! :mrgreen:

Copps Coliseum
    101 York Blvd.
    Hamilton, Ontario, L8R 3L4
  • Options
    The best way to find B&B's and other hotels would be to Mapquest Copps Coliseum's address, and then do a Search Nearby for bed and breakfasts, or hotels or motels. Most of the places you will need to call as they don't have websites. Hope this helps! :mrgreen:

Copps Coliseum
    101 York Blvd.
    Hamilton, Ontario, L8R 3L4

This is are the B&B's I found doing it that way:

Bed Breakfast Online Canada
    361 Jackson St W, Hamilton, ON L8P 1N2
    (905) 297-7351

Mulberry House
    80 Ferrie St W, Hamilton, ON L8L 1C9
    (905) 522-6384

Victorian Bed & Breakfast
    249 Victoria Ave N, Hamilton, ON L8L 5G3
    (905) 525-4825

Rose Arden Bed & Breakfast
    266 Mountain Park Ave, Hamilton, ON L8V 1A5
    (905) 387-2000

Heritage House 1914
    202 Saint Clair Blvd, Hamilton, ON L8M 2P1
    (905) 549-5247 (they have a website)

Glenwood Bed & Breakfast
    42 Osler Dr, Dundas, ON L9H 4B1
    (905) 628-8104 (they have a website)

These are the hotels/motels I found:

Sheraton-Hamilton Hotel
    116 King St W, Hamilton, ON L8P 4V3
    (905) 529-5515 | reservations

Arrival Inn
    175 Main St W, Hamilton, ON L8P 1J1
    (905) 528-0611

Crowne Plaza Hamilton
    150 King St E, Hamilton, ON L8N 1B2
    (905) 528-3451 (they have a website)

Crown Plaza Hotel
    150 King St E, Hamilton, ON L8N 1B2
    (905) 528-2789 | reservations (they have a website)

Crowne Plaza Hotel Hamilton Hotel & Conf Center
    150 King Street East, Hamilton, ON L8N 1B2
    (877) 410-6681 (they have a website)

Days Inn-Hamilton
    210 Main St E, Hamilton, ON L8N 1H3
    (905) 528-3297 | reservations

Admiral Inn Hotel
    149 Dundurn St N, Hamilton, ON L8R 3M1
    (905) 529-2311 | reservations (they have a website)

Visitors Inn
    649 Main St W, Hamilton, ON L8S 1A2
    (905) 529-6979 | reservations

Budget Inn
    737 King St E, Hamilton, ON L8M 1A4
    (905) 527-2708 (they have a website)

Howard Johnson-Hamilton
    1187 Upper James St, Hamilton, ON L9C 3B2
    (905) 575-9666

Good luck! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Had lunch and a few beers at the Honest Lawyer this afternoon... pretty rad place and the food is really good. Best part is that it's about 50 steps from the hotel door and they close at 2am. I think I know where I'll be stumbling from tonight. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Motown322 wrote:
    Had lunch and a few beers at the Honest Lawyer this afternoon... pretty rad place and the food is really good. Best part is that it's about 50 steps from the hotel door and they close at 2am. I think I know where I'll be stumbling from tonight. :mrgreen:

THIS, is gonna be awesome. I ask though, does this place really exist, because we all know honest lawyers don't. :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    I'm potentially looking to trade tickets with someone. I've got a single ticket 37th row floor, I personally would rather be anywhere in the seats. Anyone that prefers the floor experience that might want to trade let me know. I do collect ticket stubs so I'm only willing to trade with someone with a physical ticket not a computer printout.
    Shows Attended:
    10/05/00 Toronto, 09/13/05 Hamilton, 09/19/05 Toronto,
    05/09/06 Toronto, 05/10/06 Toronto, 08/12/08 Toronto EV,
    08/13/08 Toronto EV, 08/21/09 Toronto, 05/10/10 Buffalo
  • Options
    thumbnail.aspx?q=1252082516587&id=3a76792b5c9462a0fac40b06a22ad9b7&url=http%3a%2f%2ftestaol.smileandserve.org%2faolwebsite%2fimages%2faolCourse%2fLessThan.jpg
    :mrgreen:
  • Options
    gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,558
    thumbnail.aspx?q=1252082516587&id=3a76792b5c9462a0fac40b06a22ad9b7&url=http%3a%2f%2ftestaol.smileandserve.org%2faolwebsite%2fimages%2faolCourse%2fLessThan.jpg
    :mrgreen:
    enjoy the show :) u gonna stream it?! :P
  • Options
    gndcd402 wrote:
    enjoy the show :) u gonna stream it?! :P

Dammit, I wish I could...I have the crappiest phone!!! It barely holds a charge for longer than 2 hours when i text frequently!!

Thank you again Gary....you made my PJ20 weekend!

So...no...I am not that awesome! :lol:
    thumbnail.aspx?q=1190700389038&id=dc7bccdc40116929078d530a6c0db7de&url=http%3a%2f%2fimages.icanhascheezburger.com%2fcompletestore%2f2008%2f12%2f31%2f128751858305252842.jpg
  • Options
    In 2005, I remember parking a ways away from Copps on the street for free.
    Does anyone know where this can be done ? I believe we parked somewhere on James Street.

I can't afford $20 to park my car. As far as I'm concerned, it should be illegal to gouge
    people that way. $5 for a parking spot should suffice.

Thanks.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    who's in charge of the whip cream?

have fun everyone
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    I hope to be there, i'm pretty pumped for tonight being my 20th show!
    "it feels like it's the end of the world and we all got a good seat. you know -- step right up, get your tickets...here we go."

- EV