Options

PJ slam in the Miami New Times needs some challenging!

2»

Comments

• Options
    mattcozeamattcozea Posts: 377
    Gonzo1977 wrote:
    Leave him be. He's probably a Nickelback fan.
    Come on now, no need to get mean.
    6-27-98 Alpine Valley
    10-8-00 Alpine Valley
    10-9-00 All State Arena, Chicago
    4-23-03 Assembly Hall, Champaign
    5-16-06 United Center, Chicago
    6-30-06 Marcus Amphitheater, Milwaukee
    8-05-07 Grant Park, Chicago
    8-21-08 EV, Auditorium Theater, Chicago
    8-22-08 EV, Auditorium Theater, Chicago
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    chromiam wrote:
    Don't see anything factually wrong in the article....
    agree
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    cuyler41cuyler41 Posts: 383
    The writer takes a shot a a "liberal" politition because he is short, that tells you all you need to know. The guy is a conservative hack, of course he's gonna bash PJ.

Just another reason why PJ dont sell out in the south :P
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    I bet even his family is making fun of him for using the word Poop
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    mattcoz wrote:
    Come on now, no need to get mean.
    no, but there is a need to point out poor musical taste
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,730
    stoneg wrote:
    "This band is unstoppable, this weenkend we rock Portland."

This negativity just makes me stronger. we will not retreat!
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,688
    cuyler41 wrote:
    The writer takes a shot a a "liberal" politition because he is short, that tells you all you need to know. The guy is a conservative hack, of course he's gonna bash PJ.

Just another reason why PJ dont sell out in the south :P

Yeah he really seems conservative, especially with this line, "Let’s just hope no one was listening when the group declared its support for Obama with a little ditty called “Rock Around Barack,”"
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    What is the Miami New Times?

This isn't a major newspaper. Who knows what the hell it is?
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    stickboy wrote:
    miami new times :rolleyes: ...pffftt.what the fuck ever...the only thing they know down there musicwise is Lil Wayne, and some other Durty South crap, House music and Reggaeton...they dont know shit about Rock other than the one they smoke and sniff down there...twas another reason I left, going thru withdrawals of good rock concerts and a good scene.
    So I wouldn't really look into what cornball Linn said cause obviously he's clueless

I'm still trying to get that heck outta here... Miami sucks big monkey balls!!!

Today was actually quite nice at work since I was by myself and listened to Benaroya the whole day, the rest of the year Im tortured with Power 96 by my coworkers playing reggaeton all day :(
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    I'm still trying to get that heck outta here... Miami sucks big monkey balls!!!

Today was actually quite nice at work since I was by myself and listened to Benaroya the whole day, the rest of the year Im tortured with Power 96 by my coworkers playing reggaeton all day :(
    I hear ya, I cant take that reggaeton shit at all.
    I guess if it's one good thing I can take out of living in miami is the rock scene sucked so much and I went thru such withdrawals that it made me start to travel to see them instead of waiting for them to come to florida or wherever else I would live from then on and in that time I had only seen PJ 5 times, all in NY, since 2004 starting trips from miami to 5 04 vfc shows Im up to 25 now...so, Thank you Florida :)
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    What is the Miami New Times?

This isn't a major newspaper. Who knows what the hell it is?

It is a local newspaper in Miami with alot of crappy writers..A few decent ones but not that many..
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • Options
    The IIIThe III Posts: 25
    You don't even have to be a Pearl Jam fan to understand this guy is an idiot.
  • Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,218
    i added a comment.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    I added a comment too. I'm originally from Miami so I felt obligated.... Besides, there's NOTHING mentioned about the MUSIC. He was struggling to find a negative slant and had to go with their political stuff. Guess that means he's a fan of their music since he didn't slam IT....
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau